General Naming modules

are you aware they are all listed in the journal?

means you can place them in a database or a note...and make all the notes about it you want.
same for ships

are you aware they are all listed in the journal?

means you can place them in a database or a note...and make all the notes about it you want.
same for ships
I asked this to save some time so ain't clicking everywhere everytime, engineered module info is also shown but not at the first tab and still we need to click there and there. If we can rename our modules we can know which module is engineered in what purpose.

yes, I do get that, as many of us have asked the same over the years
my solution has been to store what I can in ships named accordingly
I build and engineer a lot of ships..my hobby in the game.
and I never sell anything that is engineered

since U14 and we no longer have the nice menus and that disgusting outfitting one that made me not want to play anymore,
I have since taken the time to utilize the ship and module storage in the journals.
now I have full control again, better now actually, even though I am putting the ships and modules into a database, my program uses this and has it in its display now too.
and because its in a database, I add notes to ships and modules in storage making it much easier to find exactly what I want

the only thing in edo is in these lists, they are numbered by me as to order of display, so module 137 in slot 12 is 137 keypresses but they are in boxes, so that's not useful for getting them, just for making notes, and most important, now like in 3.8 horizons I see a list of all the modules in storage each showing where they are
much better than having to open each box just to see what is at THIS particular station.
for the past week I didn't want to play because storage was full and I needed to build a couple new ships.
but I did this 2 weeks ago and I hated it so much...look in every box, sooooooo many times...such an ignorant design
so I added to my prg so now it is easy again.
took an hour to make another 20 free storage slots in each account.

I don't think the devs have ever actually built a ship
and as time goes by and more are built and parts exchanged, you end up with a lot of spare parts(only a moron aka a sucker for punishment sells engineered modules) filling up storage
but making new ships often saves time by using those parts
but not by opening 30 boxes over and over..thats just stupid design.
clean the bench in your workshop, leave mine the way it was.

the ships is way better in my db, ship 125 shipID 433 means 125 clicks down the list is my ship, soooo much easier than scrolling up and down and looking for a name or shipid..etc

3 accounts with over 250 ships and 199 modules in one, over 300 ships and 199 modules in another, over 300 ships and 199 modules in the last.
means ship and module menus are pure garbage to me. and ship building(my hobby) just became a nightmare, as of November 29 2022.

so, I do thank fdev for the info in the journals it helped with this TREMENDOUSLY. thanks.

I would be happy if they could just fix the journal output.
it is clear there is more than one person creating that code. one person is immaculate and nicely detailed and always uses correct syntax and format
the other seems to think format and syntax don't matter.
if something has 10 fields, USE THEM ALL. or use fillers......Ship,,,137,,,,Blue stop leaving the middle or the unused ones out. Ship,137,Blue is just lazy, sloppy and not helpful

Last edited:
yes, I do get that, as many of us have asked the same over the years
my solution has been to store what I can in ships named accordingly
I build and engineer a lot of ships..my hobby in the game.
and I never sell anything that is engineered

since U14 and we no longer have the nice menus and that disgusting outfitting one that made me not want to play anymore,
I have since taken the time to utilize the ship and module storage in the journals.
now I have full control again, better now actually, even though I am putting the ships and modules into a database, my program uses this and has it in its display now too.
and because its in a database, I add noted to ships and modules in storage making it much easier to find exactly what I want

the only thing in edo is in these lists, they are numbered by me as to order of display, so module 137 in slot 12 is 137 keypresses but they are in boxes, so that's not useful for getting them, just for making notes, and most important, now like in 3.8 horizons I see a list of all the modules in storage each showing where they are
much better than having to open each box just to see what is at THIS particular station.
for the past week I didn't want to play because storage was full and I needed to build a couple new ships.
but I did this 2 weeks ago and I hated it so much...look in every box, sooooooo many times...such an ignorant design
so I added to my prg so now it is easy again.
took an hour to make another 20 free storage slots in each account.

I don't think the devs have ever actually built a ship
and as time goes by and more are built and parts exchanged, you end up with a lot of spare parts(only a moron aka a sucker for punishment sells engineered modules) filling up storage
but making new ships often saves time by using those parts
but not by opening 30 boxes over and over..thats just stupid design.
clean the bench in your workshop, leave mine the way it was.

the ships is way better in my db, ship 125 shipID 433 means 125 clicks down the list is my ship, soooo much easier than scrolling up and down and looking for a name or shipid..etc

3 accounts with over 250 ships and 199 modules in one, over 300 ships and 199 modules in another, over 300 ships and 199 modules in the last.
means ship and module menus are pure garbage to me. and ship building(my hobby) just became a nightmare, as of November 29 2022.

so, I do thank fdev for the info in the journals it helped with this TREMENDOUSLY. thanks.

I would be happy if they could just fix the journal output.
it is clear there is more than one person creating that code. one person is immaculate and nicely detailed and always uses correct syntax and format
the other seems to think format and syntax don't matter.
if something has 10 fields, USE THEM ALL. or use fillers......Ship,,,137,,,,Blue stop leaving the middle or the unused ones out. Ship,137,Blue is just lazy, sloppy and not helpful
Storing engineered modules in ships with corresponding names is a good idea I'll do that, and yes I engineer many modules and never sell them as well so they are bloating the station storage and can't find what I'm looking for :D Your idea saves this issue, better I do some AX running to make moneiii and buy ships then :D

My First thought was: Would name the hull enforcement „Frame Shift Drive“ and the Frame Shift Drive „Beamlaser“ and so on… Good luck Findling the Right one, when playing pirate :D

I love this idea, would be even better with a search by name tool.

My First thought was: Would name the hull enforcement „Frame Shift Drive“ and the Frame Shift Drive „Beamlaser“ and so on… Good luck Findling the Right one, when playing pirate :D
my guess would be names on owner side only, others would only see original names...

I would really love if a scan will not reveal what modules a player ship has.

Top Bottom