Have you ever dropped into a busy system full of carriers, conflict zones, signal sources, odyssey settlements, etc? Perhaps due to a nearby community goal, or Thargoid incursion, maybe the prices between gold are exceptionally profitable.

Whatever the reason, we can agree that it's painfully tedious scrolling through the navigation panel to find the destination you want to lock on to, especially if you have to do it multiple times (like a trade route). And while the Galaxy Map and System Map do provide a slight workaround, the navigation panel wasn't created to be neglected.

This is where my first suggestion comes in.
Wouldn't it be great if we could specifically choose which system POIs show up and which don't?

The solution is actually very simple:

Bookmarked Locations as a Navigation Panel Filter

This would give much more versatility to both the nav panel and the bookmark system, allowing we CMDRs to streamline our travel itinerary in advance, and stop the over-flooding of the panel with POIs we aren't interested in. This would also make the nav panel kinder to those of us (myself included) who would very much enjoy seeing a hotkey added for supercruise assist; the nav panel is the main antagonist in this plight.

Now, my second suggestion is just a tiny tweak, but it runs along the same lines as my first.

It always takes me a long time to scroll down the list of Fleet Carriers to find my own. The highlight is nice, but the nav panel only scrolls so fast, and this will only grow more painful as we see the huge upcoming spike of carrier owners after this very lucrative Golconda community goal.

Why not make 'Own Carrier' behave the same way as 'Nav Beacon'?

An ever-present target, regardless of filter, always at the top of the system it is in. This would not only make it easier to use the nav panel to quickly find your carrier, but also make it easier to set it as your supercruise assist target! (A keybind would still be fantastic but hey, I'm willing to compromise)

Thank you for listening to my TED talk. o7

Top Bottom