Need help with a Corvette build

You don't need turrets on a corvette really. The thing flies like a glorified python rather than a cutter / type-9.

So with weapons, thermal is for shields, kinetic is for hulls. thermal is distributor expensive but the one on the corvette is pretty fierce. also you can transmute kinetic damage to thermal with multicannons (lower distributor draw but limited ammo) if you need to. With that, add in that your flying style and skill (weapons are pointless if you can't hit anything with them or arent having fun with it) and design your own. Each weapon also has best engineering choices to factor in which effect gameplay as well as damage (or make gameplay easier to effectively be a damage buff).

Also best corvettes (pve) are dual purposed for mining :p You'll need the raider ship kit as well.

Last edited:
Thnx for the tip.
Was gonna mod them so that it wouldn't be a nightmare.
But at the start I'm thinking for this set-up.
Got C-biwave shields on my Conda and works like a charme with a few cells. Almost never drop.
But at first I can't affort aditional armor will be put on my to do list after I get the Vette same for class a shields an a better drive core

When you say PvE do you mean PvE combat or PvE other stuff as well?

Because Corvettes aren't for the other stuff, just blowing things up!

I go with gimballed Efficient Beams and one small gimballed burst with Scramble Spectrum.

I've put Thermal Vent on most of the beams so I can pop a SCB without needing a Heat Sink. Try Bi-Weaves with Thermal mods and a bunch of boosters to balance your resistances. look for 60% on Thermal and upto 50% on the others.

If you use lightweight armour (engineered of course!) and go easy on the other stuff you can get 380 mps boost and a useful jump range.

Oh yeah, fighter hanger :D

I've tried builds with MC's and Frags and while they are fun, at the end of the day, it's all about ammo capacity.

Lasers don't need ammo.

Last edited:
Weapons on my pve vette are 2 huge efficient beams (1 is vent the other overcharged),1large OC frag with drag and rest is OC MC with 1 small corrosive.
Fire the drag frag then nose up and destroy at your leisure.

Yes mainly PvE combat for shields I was thinking for a simular build and maybe going for a A class in the future.
But the cost wow.

With MC's on the huge ones ammo could indeed be a problem
But you got a full laser build?

I like to use:

2Huge MC, corrosive & overcharged
All the rest is efficiënt beam oversized. This works like a charm for me in pve

I do almost everything in my corvette.
Have kill warrant scanner, wake scanner, interdictor, Srv hanger, Shield cellbank, collector limpets. Cargo space
I love the Corvette, let me bring everything I need for almost everything.
I pick up all the thing my victims leave behind. Great for collecting and killing stuff pve.

Edit:love the guardian FSD booster alot, saves time going places

Last edited:
With MC's on the huge ones ammo could indeed be a problem
But you got a full laser build?
Huge MC has slow RoF, so ammo was not a problem to me. For smaller MC with corrosive effect I'm using high capacity mod.
I had also 1 C4 MC and 1 C4 efficient beam combination. But I prefer now two huge of the same kind, just for visual effect (I have linked my current loadout a few posts earlier).

Full laser build will be difficult for distributor.

I have two fire groups - one thermal, second kinetic and binded 1+2 together for fully pressed fire button. You can also use two fire groups - one thermal, second all.

2 huge MC rapid fire 1 corrosive and 1 autoloader
1 lagre beam longe range met termal vent.
2 medium MC overcharge and auto loader

2 smalle rail guns long range. 2x super penetration.

I can keep shooting whit 2 pipes on wapens

So capacitor is 2/2/2

Good for shields and i can keep boosting.

Shields are ad 6.500 mj no prismatics

IT'S A BEAST !!!

Last edited:
After Many switches, I have settled for now on:

2 Huge OC Autoloader MC
1 large long range burst oversized
2 medium long range burst oversized
1 small long range burst scramble spectrum
1 small High Capacity Corrosive Multicannon

all gimballed

My build:
2 size 4 MCs, gimbals, sturdy
1 size 3 beam, gimbals, sturdy, thermal vent
2 size 2 beams, turrets, sturdy.
2 size 1 beams, turrets, long range
charge focused distributor
size 7 bi-weave thermal resistant shields with all boosters also focused on resistance
size 7 charge batteries, specialized
guardian shield boosters in all other slots, but 4. Those 4 spent for 1 Guardian FSD Booster, size 6 cargo rack, docking comp and size 7 fuel scoop.

The distributor indicator never goes down on this one even if all weapons are firing. I get about 2700k of shields with 65-70% resistance to all damage types.

Last edited:
OP,

Here is my build and it has served me well: https://s.orbis.zone/ps_

I particularly enjoy having my heat drop to zero thanks to the thermal vent on the two huge Beam Lasers: the windows icing up is cool and it throws off the enemies' targeting. [noob]

I did replace the HRP with a G5 Guardian FSD booster for a 29 ly jump range. I will be moving the HRP back into the ship and take out one of the Module Reinforcements. Also, feel free to remove the SRV bay for something else. I may be removing mine soon and making it more dedicated to combat instead of multi-role. Why? Because I've been spending all my time in my Krait! Multipurpose boom and zoom! [yesnod]

The fighter I use is the Gu-97 with the plasma cannons/chaff. Seems to work best.

My PvE 'vette has a pair of gimballed C4 beam lasers, C3 & C2 MCs and C1 rails.

The philosophy behind that is, primarily, the requirement to take down shields as quickly as possible so you can start doing proper damage to your opponent as quickly as possible without relying on weapons that are really only useful for undermining shields.

Basically, I can sit in a CZ or RES and kill almost anything with the lasers, alone, (thus expending no ammunition) and if a Cutter/Annie/Vette shows up I can take down it's shields quickly and then bring the MCs on line to finish it off.
And, if an especially tough ship shows up I've got the rails to do extra damage - tough ships are big ships so landing hits with rails shouldn't be a big problem.

It's not really efficient to fit C4 PAs to a 'vette.
Sure, it's cool and it's rewarding to one-shot ships with them (if you have the skill) but you have to actually land the shot to get the kill.
In practice, I've been able to destroy several times more ships in a CZ than somebody in a similar ship using PAs.

Again, the rails really help here.
Big ships are where a PA vette excels because they're a big target and can be destroyed quickly whereas lasers/MCs alone might take a bit longer to make the kill.
I find that it only takes around 3 or 4 shots from the rails, along with the laser/MC fire, to kill a big ship so it's not taking much longer than PAs would - and you retain the ability to melt smaller ships much more efficiently.

Switched back to beams recently, this one surely does the job for b/h CGs and can even heal wingmen: https://s.orbis.zone/pw9

For CZs, I fit two huge overcharged MCs, forgot the mods. Won the CZ gold decal with it.

O7,
[noob]

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I am saving (and grinding) for a Federal Corvette.
Want to use it PVE and was wondering what is a good built to start with?
Was thinking for these few:

1. Class 4 MC and Pulse (or Beam) rest MC turrents
2. Class 4 Pulse and Cannon Class 3 MC rest pulse turrents
3. Two Class 4 cannons (or MC) and rest pulse turrents
Internal will (at start be something like this)

But I don't know if my ideas are any good (note I will mod all eventually most likely efficient)
Or if you got other builds please tell me what is best for the Vette in PVE

Sincerely and o7,

Cmdr Janssen

PS sorry for my bad English

Don't automatically mod efficient.
That's useful mainly for PAs and some laser builds.
Use overcharged on your kinetics.
They have very low draw to begin with.

I'd point you towards something like this, to work towards: https://s.orbis.zone/pwf

You could put OC/autoloader MCs in the empty hardpoints, with one small hicap/corrosive.
You may need an OC PP if you go with too many high energy weapons/SB/SCBs though.
Avoid that if possible.

With just the huge beams you will kill almost everything very easily.

Top Bottom