Need some PvE ship advice for Colonia

I need some PvE ship advice. I am currently 6500 ly from Colonia and I'll be planning on staying there for a few months, maybe permanently. I'm travelling in my ASPX and plan on transferring my mining ASPX over when I arrive. I have an unengineered Anaconda back in the bubble but don't want to pay the ludicrous costs of shipping it over.

Is it worth remote selling the Conda and buying another PvE ship when I get there? What ship would you recommend for casual combat? I was thinking of an FDL, Python or just rebuying an Anaconda. I'd like to get my combat rank to elite, currently at competent.

If I sell my Conda I will have about 700m cash to spend.

Thanks.

Buy a beluga. You can easily fit it for combat then refit it for exploration when you want to leave again.

Ps. When you get there message me, ill be happy to show you around :)

Last edited:
Don't sell the Annie. There are limited ship frames in Colonia.

If I were you, I'd suisidewinder back to the Bubble, fit a 6A Scoop on the Annie and fly her to Colonia.
No ? The only ships we're missing are the imperials and the federal corvette, also you can buy every module now

Find a double painite hotspot and do three/four mining sessions. Pays easily for the transfer costs.

Just one was found so far around Colonia. this tool tells you where it is.

Stealthie

Banned
Is it worth remote selling the Conda and buying another PvE ship when I get there? What ship would you recommend for casual combat? I was thinking of an FDL, Python or just rebuying an Anaconda. I'd like to get my combat rank to elite, currently at competent.

If I sell my Conda I will have about 700m cash to spend.

To be brutally honest, you're already doing it kind of Arx about face.

What you should have done was go back to the bubble, fit your Annie with all the required modules, visit as many engineers as possible and pin any blueprints you might need, unlock some Guardian tech' and then head across to Colonia and transfer your Annie across.
What's done is done, though, so there's no point worrying about it.

If I was in your shoes, I'd head for Tolagarf's Junkyard, in Kojeara, strip all the existing modules off the AspX, refit it for DC-mining, spend a few hours doing that and then I'd buy either a Python for doing more DC-mining or a T9 for laser-mining Painite.
With either the Python or the T9 you should be able to earn Cr200m/hr so a shiny new Annie is only 3 or 4 more hours of mining away.

Key point is, you should be able to achieve all that in the 60-odd hours (IIRC) it'd take to transfer your mining AspX across to Colonia.... without having to sell your existing Annie.

Biggest problem you're likely to face in Colonia is lack of available modules.
Module availability in Colonia is changing all the time but things like A-rated FSDs and PPs aren't always easy to find.
The issue can be mitigated if you've unlocked Guardian tech' to provide things like decent PPs and FSD boosters... if you've unlocked the Guardian stuff.

Personally, I found it a bit irritating that I couldn't build proper A/D-rated ships in Colonia so I ended up heading back to the bubble and built a fleet of ships specifically to transport to Colonia in my shiny new Fleet Carrier.
And then FDev decided to poop royally all over that plan.

Is it worth remote selling the Conda and buying another PvE ship when I get there?

IMO the wise choice would be to park the Annie and wait until you reach the Colonia region before making any decision. You can always sell the Annie remotely if you decide to do that.

Modules for the big slots can be... fun... to find and acquire. Been in some scenarios where the module I needed for an L ship was only available at an outpost. I'd not bother transferring the Annie or selling her off. By the time you have the credits to do that you have the credits to buy one out here, and why sell it off when credits come pretty easy really?

I did the same thing, I came out a bit early and now I'm plotting my return to finish up what I needed to get done in the first place in my Annie. Stealthie gave some good advise really. Mining out here is easy and as close or far as you want to make it.

I was really hoping that FDev would be doing more to expand the region and provide some initiative or whatever, but so far they provide nothing in the way of story or content out here. Shame really, could be fun to participate in expanding the foothold.

Packhounds in a Beluga?

I can see how this is going to end. :unsure:

I have one of these, it's a glorious machine. It doesn't even overheat which surprised the heck out of me. Not intended for use in CZ's or Haz Res. Excels at assassinations. It usually ends with a lot of explosions.

When I first got to Colonia I bought 2 ships; A Beluga and a Krait MK II. I arrived in a Vulture or I would have bought one of those as well.

Top Bottom