New 2024 Livestream series!

Ah, I am in the US and I thought we were 5 hours behind the UK ie 18:00 there would be 13:00 here. But thanks for letting me know.
It is. But GMT is 1 hour behind where I am, and I know the US [east coast] is 6 hours behind. So… I dunno. Maybe your clock’s telling you lies about what time it actually is?

PSA for Stateside viewers: Currently due to Daylight Savings Time being out of sync between the UK & US knock one hour off of whichever timezone you are in. For example EST is normally five hours behind GMT, but currently it is four hours. So instead of it being at 1pm EST, it will be 2pm EST. Etc.. Or to make it easy, it is about to start 10 minutes from the time of this post.

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Ah, I am in the US and I thought we were 5 hours behind the UK ie 18:00 there would be 13:00 here. But thanks for letting me know.

It is. But GMT is 1 hour behind where I am, and I know the US [east coast] is 6 hours behind. So… I dunno. Maybe your clock’s telling you lies about what time it actually is?

PSA for Stateside viewers: Currently due to Daylight Savings Time being out of sync between the UK & US knock one hour off of whichever timezone you are in. For example EST is normally five hours behind GMT, but currently it is four hours. So instead of it being at 1pm EST, it will be 2pm EST. Etc.. Or to make it easy, it is about to start 10 minutes from the time of this post.

UK clocks go forward this Sunday, so normal service after that until autumn. Or fall. Hat weather.
Thanks to Fizzatron for explaining the current timezone situation. I've been involved with events in other online games over the years and different parts of the world changing to or from Daylight Savings always causes confusion! I just wish we could be all on some kind of universal time and stop messing with it! 😁
In the UK we always start Daylight Savings on the last Sunday in March and end it on the last Sunday in October.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I just wish we could be all on some kind of universal time and stop messing with it! 😁
In the UK we always start Daylight Savings on the last Sunday in March and end it on the last Sunday in October.
Agreed.
Ours is the best and easiest to remember :)

It’s kind of weird that they didn’t announce either #3 or #4 on the official forums. A lot of people these days don’t want anything to do with the website formerly known as twitter.
Well they did say they were going to be the last Wednesday of every month back when they launched the new series, perhaps they think we have a better attention span the users of whatever it is called this year.

Also as the series is a Frontier thing rather than an ED thing perhaps that makes a difference in how and where it is announced.

Top Bottom