New 2024 Livestream series!

Frontier are notoriously shy about sharing details of upcoming content, and one of the major criticisms of the old live stream format was that it was all fluff and very anaemic of actual content.

Now they've condensed their live stream to the actual facts it's again wrong. What do you want? Have all the future content (which may be a lot of fun to discover for yourself) and narrative be spelled out in the patch notes?

Wow, I wish the community was heard more, we have 2.5 million messages in the suggestions tab, I think this indicates that the community cares, but the question is does Frontier care?
we want to be heard, we want new features, last year we could count how many times the game was updated and how many new features were presented.

It seems like the idea here is to tie us here with an interesting update every 1.5 years.
"The community" doesn't agree on what they want on 99% of all those suggestions in the suggestions forums. Most of the posts there are personal dreams.txt rather than actual useful suggestions. As a game dev, I wouldn't listen to the community's "wishlist". You'll get a game designed by committee. No thanks.

Wow, I wish the community was heard more, we have 2.5 million messages in the suggestions tab, I think this indicates that the community cares, but the question is does Frontier care?
we want to be heard, we want new features, last year we could count how many times the game was updated and how many new features were presented.

It seems like the idea here is to tie us here with an interesting update every 1.5 years.
2,499,000 of those messages are just us talking to ourselves about how great/stupid/repeated/already in play the suggestion was.

If Frontier didn’t care there would be no livestream, no forum and no running game.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I particularly didn't like it, we waited a whole month, to have so little detail about everything.
Everything important can be summarized in 2 minutes:
  • python will be focused on combat.
  • details about python docking quantities.
  • Python will be important for Power Play 2.0.
  • 0.07 of the galaxy explored
  • They know about the titan bug.
  • Titan will drop skins

Nothing substantial was said about Power Paly 2.0, nothing about new features, nothing about update 19, nothing about a predicted titan bug fix, nothing about the other new ships.
PVP not just combat.
And it's 0.06% not 0.07
And decals too :)
And Python Mk II is tied to the Update 18 narrative.

Why, when Update 18 had released two days prior would they talk about things coming in the Summer, rather than talking about the update that's just been release. You know the way companies normally work. They'll do more info on the Summer parts in the next stream

I hope the Elite community realise that at some point, the monthly livestream won't have a segment about Elite for at least one month. Frontier are not going to do Warhammer, Planet Zoo and Elite every month.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I mean .... I can't have been the first person to realise this or say it ... right?

You may actually be the first
I mean, Elite is the staple, the defining brand behind Frontier and David Braben, a franchise that will celebrate its 40th anniversary this year - i would not expect it to be missing from any of the Unlocked streams - even if it's only a 5 minutes intervention.

Well, it stands to reason that the games covered in any given episode would be the ones for which there is something to report on that month, and that this should be expected to shift back and forth -- 'not kind of obvious, then...?

At any rate, the new format is really pleasantly snappy and informative; In this corner, no tear is being shed for the trimmed "filler" material... :7

I mean .... I can't have been the first person to realise this or say it ... right?
It was in Frontier's initial announcements of the new livestreams and noticed enough for at least some ED forum members to complain "and most months we won't even get anything". Whether anyone will remember that by the time March doesn't have anything ED-related in it is a different matter.

Whether anyone will remember that by the time March doesn't have anything ED-related in it is a different matter.

Oh, but they should start discussing Narrative stuff - and since September 2020 there was always a narrative to talk about.
Moreover, they would need to start mentioning PP20... Form March there are only 2 more months till the summer - the supposed launch period for U19/PP20 😂

I think there will be at least a small Elite nugget each month, given the revealed upcoming content.

27/03/24 - Another look at the MkII Python full render

24/04/24 - MkII Python release

29/05/24 - New ship 2 teaser

26/06/24 - Powerplay 2.0 preview Part 1 + New ship 2 render

31/07/24 - Powerplay 2.0 preview Part 2 + New ship 2 release

28/08/24 - Powerplay 2.0 release

25/09/24 - New feature preview Part 1

30/10/24 - New feature preview Part 2 + New ship 3 teaser

27/11/24 - New feature release + New ship 3 release + Surprise new ship 4 release

??/12/24 - Christmas pudding

Top Bottom