New games in 2020. you are looking forward to!

I'm in a similar but different boat, where the games I currently own require such an investment of time to both learn and actually play, that I really don't want to start something new of similar caliber because there aren't enough hours in the day. That's one of the reasons I'm more excited about updates come to games I already own than new games I don't own and don't know how to play.

That as well, for example the only genre that I play right now is flightsims, mostly DCS and Prepar3d. I know that new MS sim is right around the corner but I still didnt "master" my addons for Prepar (PMDG 737, and Aerosoft Airbus serie). And as far as civi flightsimming goes my interest is focused on study level "cockpit" addons so not really wanting to jump in to MS20.
And with recent DCS issues regarding not finishing certain official and 3p modules I dont really look forward to buying anything new for this sim at least for some time.

Cyberpunk - I was hyped until I realized that the only reason for it is the developer behind the project, the world design and the topic doesn't really interest me so... yeah, dont jump blindly on the hypetrain Azure :)

What I hope for is something surprising me, but as said not looking forward to any of the major known releases atm.

Its either that gaming is loosing its mojo for me or the current year was so abysmal in this field that it killed any interest for it in me.
I was about to share what games I`m looking forward in 2020 and it hit me that... there is none.
I keep hearing about this "outside" world, maybe I will try that instead :D
I feel much the same way, but I consider myself pretty lucky to not only have a massive backlog of top games (almost untouched due to my addiction to ED for over three years) just waiting in my library, but also to have recently discovered the Trucking Sim franchise. For the most part I find myself almost exclusively looking forward to patches and dlc expansions.

Half Life: Alyx - you just know that Valve are going to do VR better than anyone else (even their free tech demos like The Lab and the Hands demo are done better than most paid games and experiences).
HL-A should be good but I will say I am really worried that valve were all set to make HLA teleport only movement. They have relented and have at relatively last minute added proper locomotion (still not finished and not working on ladders etc) but my concern is that it needed external pressure to add proper movement. That shows a certain lack of vision imo.

That said I do agree it should be good but would not automatically assume it will be better than lone echo, asguards wrath or stormlands etc.

Theres only one game I'm looking forward to in 2020:

Microsoft Flight Simulator.

I'll even be building a new PC just for it closer to release. Oh and Idaho DLC for American Truck Sim.

I'd like to say I'm excited for Elite's New Era too but its hard to be excited for something I have zero information on.

There's absolutely nothing jumping out at me at the moment as being a 'must buy'. At least as far as I'm aware.

So, I guess in 2020 I'm looking forward to seeing where Hello Games take "No Man's Sky" next. That's about it at present.

Can't get excited by "New Era" for a number of reasons - 1) it'll probably be delayed, 2) no idea what it is even in broad strokes, and 3) I don't believe FD have the talent in-house to pull off something really groundbreaking or creative, either from a design or development PoV. Sad really, but that's the truth based on the past 5+ years of FD output. :( They may surprise us all (and I hope they do) but I'm not counting on it.

How funny, the only upcoming title that I actually REALLY want to play now (discovered it literally today), Ghost of Tsushima a open world Samurai theme experience is PS4 exclusive. Not for me PC player.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbq7BnsQhrw

:cry:
Ghosts of Tsushima is the only PS4 exclusive title that almost had me buy a PS4 to play it. I keep torturing myself by watching gameplay videos whilst looking at my Xbox one X sitting there all quiet and unused now that RDR2 has come to PC...

Here's some more of it. The first gameplay video I saw and got hooked on...forget the completely uninteresting designer drivel after the demo...but damn, the character even flicks the blood from his Katana correctly before sheathing it :)

Last edited:
Watch what new Strategy and simulation management games are coming to PC and consoles in 2020. These are the top 13 Simulation and City building games you will be able to play next year, gameplay included. Some are new IPs, others are coming back after many years as sequels to fan favorite franchises, while a few offer revolutionary new gameplay mechanics.

Source: https://youtu.be/4pKTf-H9luU

List of games in this video:

1. Kerbal Space Program 2 0:29
  2. The Settlers 1:20
  3. Builders of Egypt 2:07
  4. Sumerians 2:57
  5. Evil Genius 2 3:39
  6. Mr. Prepper 4:25
  7. Yes, Your Grace 5:12
  8. Port Royal 4 6:01
  9. Smart City Plan 7:03
  10. Dark Moon 7:55
  11. Endzone - A World Apart 8:48
  12. Starport Delta 9:52 13. Per Aspera 10:44

I'll skip the whole list thing, the games i will keep an eye on have pretty much been mentioned by you guys already.
A few additions to that on my part are "Torchlight Frontiers", "Lost Ark" and the remake of the original "System Shock".
Although i don't know if all/any of these actually will see a release date in 2020.
But what i look forward to the most are the games i don't have on my radar.
The ones i don't even know about yet, then creep up on me and take me by surprise every year.
In 2019 such titles included "Deep Rock Galactic", "Children of Morta", "Disco Elysium" and "Football, Tactics & Glory".

Last edited:
Theres only one game I'm looking forward to in 2020:

Microsoft Flight Simulator.

I'll even be building a new PC just for it closer to release. Oh and Idaho DLC for American Truck Sim.

I'd like to say I'm excited for Elite's New Era too but its hard to be excited for something I have zero information on.

I am even considering to buy a hotas for it, something I never considered foe Elite, not even while playing in VR.
I do look forward to take the hard route and actually learn how to fly...

Having said that, I can imagine it will be delayed... I just hope they will add VR support.

BTW what are you specs that you consider upgrading it? I have a 1080ti, and I do certainly hope it will be still have enough oomph to last through 2020, skipping another GPU generation.

I have a CH HOTAS which I use for Elite but for flight simming I use my CH Yoke. It's much nicer for flying than a HOTAS is!

I don't think MFS will be delayed, the alpha is in incredibly good shape already for being a year out yet. They seem to be on track surprisingly.

As for specs, the alpha is running beautifully even on mid to high end systems of today, and that is even with the debug code in and before optimizations. Min specs haven't been released yet but a good target to build is something with a high clock rate CPU with 6 or more cores, 32GB RAM (16GB will work but 32 will run better), and as high a vid card as you can afford. Install to an SSD also to cut down texture loading times. It seems like the sim uses functions of the 2000 series Nvidia cards so if possible get one of those. That said it is very scalable so even a 970 will run it, just with sliders tuned down.

I'm pretty much just going to build the best system I can for about $1500, which should be plenty beefy enough to run it near maxed, if not maxed. I might wait until Nvidia's 3K cards come out later this year though, not to buy a 3K card but to get a 2K card cheaper, lol.

Wow, talk about being uninformed, I was unaware there is such a Yoke for flight sims!

Interesting that you mention 32gb of RAM - I am often checking my system stats after gaming, and 16gb RAM never came close of topping out, which always feels odd after seeng 10-20 gigs of cache running on the SSD.

I have a 7700k at 4.8Ghz I am intending to keep for at least another two years, actually apart of AC Origins/Odyssey it was never maxed out as I'm playing 1440p 75hz only. I never had issues in VR either.
As much as it is barked upon in many games it is close to 3700X on stock clock speeds.

Whatever. I am staying put and hope I won't need an upgrade sooner than late 2021.

I know it sounds weird however I’m really looking forward to ED update the next chapter. CP77 is the next in line, I got a huge backlog of games I already got but didn’t have time to play or finish. Microsoft flight sim is also one I’m looking forward to.

Its either that gaming is loosing its mojo for me or the current year was so abysmal in this field that it killed any interest for it in me.
I was about to share what games I`m looking forward in 2020 and it hit me that... there is none.
I keep hearing about this "outside" world, maybe I will try that instead :D
My old internet friend 🤗 get out in the real world it’s frightening, scary and absolutely wonderful! I try to mix my gaming and outside activities as much as possible.
I fly my drones, drive my Jeep, do some water jetski runs and play games about equally. I’m a loner, most activities I do alone, I find people in general stupid, loud, or just plain annoying 😂 these days with all the PC and SJW running around didn’t help 😆 so kids (adults now), wife and a few friends is all there is, still there is a lot to explore out in the real world, go for it!

Top Bottom