ANNOUNCEMENT New Lead Community Manager - Arthur Tolmie

I think we all forget at times that CM's are not Devs and also do not play the game as much as us (a point highlighted by the fact that even simple ship recognition has not been achieved yet among the new members).
Having said that you are our only point of contact CMs and there is a LOT of pent up frustration over unfixed bugs in elite and we need to complain to somebody. The issue tracker feels like a brick wall, we've all reported stuff many moons ago that has gone unfixed or unnoticed and sometimes it's easier to talk to a real human so you get it in the neck Arthur.
New features keep getting added without fixing old bugs even though this year we supposed to be about fixing things. And often at the cost of loved features, I'm looking at you Galnet and CG's.
I'm glad you're here and interacting more. But please understand how long some of us have been waiting to have things fixed and how frustrated we are at present.
I was going to list here one or two of my personal choices that need fixing but that is too narrow minded and selfish and there are literally thousands listed on the issue tracker, to pick 10 is to negate the feelings of many other cmdrs who've been waiting for their turn in the patch roulette each time it comes around.
If you ask me for my top choices though I'll gladly tell you!

We are aware,the team are putting together a post as I type this - there will be information today.
-Arf
Any chance you can actually get the ball rolling with this mate
it'd be better to admit and roll back the update
then reintroduce it WHEN it's been tested properly

Last edited by a moderator:
its logged that he posted it Thursday at 9:40 PM
when people say TODAY
that should mean something

They posted this later on that same day.

Arthur hasn't been seen here since July 28th. I wonder what happened.
Well... let's start the bidding:
1. Got promoted
2. Found a better job
3. Got burned out
4. Went on holidays
5. In hospital for that weird thing that is going around
6. Built an actual space ship and left this world and is waving at us from Hutton Orbital
7. lost his sanity trying to appease the masses by playing the game, showing the community that game is fine and doesn't need patching or fixing.

My money is on 4. Holidays to the California Nebula, tagging all the stars and planets with first discovered on the way.

Arthur asked the Powerplay question, which is like flying into the Eye of Terror in WH40K. Brave men enter, only to return changed.......if they return at all.

1. Got promoted
2. Found a better job
3. Got burned out
4. Went on holidays
6. Built an actual space ship and left this world and is waving at us from Hutton Orbital
7. lost his sanity trying to appease the masses by playing the game, showing the community that game is fine and doesn't need patching or fixing.

My money is on 4. Holidays to the California Nebula, tagging all the stars and planets with first discovered on the way.
I guess the answer is 8 Restrained in a certain location, being forced to listen to Thargoid poetry.

1. Got promoted
2. Found a better job
3. Got burned out
4. Went on holidays

I'm going for number 6. I

It also could be that he is helping to put together the Dev Diary and is very busy.

Top Bottom