New Paintjobs

Did you earn all of those Arx in-game?
Just askin', otherwise you already spent cash and appear to have missed the irony of your comment :)

I had already bought them CMDR, along with a few more £100 spent in the store
Ironic yes, But i will be saving arks and real world money for at least 10 months now :)

War

Bzzt, wrong. The beluga is bigger.
Bzzt, wrong...

1591616932152.png

1591616964777.png

Does anyone know if you can see the paint colour on the window framing while in the cockpit of a Vulture in Icarus?

And also the paint on the 'wings' either side of the cockpit for that matter?

Or just a best guess from experience would be useful.

Deleted member 182079

D
Does anyone know if you can see the paint colour on the window framing while in the cockpit of a Vulture in Icarus?

And also the paint on the 'wings' either side of the cockpit for that matter?

Or just a best guess from experience would be useful.
You can see anything exterior, i.e. body panel colours or ship kits within the FOV of the cockpit. Paints are not applied to the interior side of the cockpit though (such as the framing you refer to I think).

Deleted member 182079

D
I'm hankering over the Keelback shipkit, and maybe a couple of PJs. I actually had that refunded in the past because I didn't like the ship itself at the time, but after another test drive just now the thing has certainly grown on me now... I do like the Crossfire paints, but have some doubts over whether they go well with the kit. Maybe better to go with one of the cheaper solid colours instead? Funnily enough the Sand one caught my eye, and I wouldn't normally look at the Military paints twice.

Was going to hold back some Arx for any FC items but given we still, a day before launch, have no idea how much they will be, or when they'll be released, or what they'll be (apart from some seemingly related assets people have come across in the beta)....

You can see anything exterior, i.e. body panel colours or ship kits within the FOV of the cockpit. Paints are not applied to the interior side of the cockpit though (such as the framing you refer to I think).
Okay, thanks. I guess I'll buy something and see what it looks like. Shame you can't properly preview the paintjobs before buying.

Deleted member 182079

D
Okay, thanks. I guess I'll buy something and see what it looks like. Shame you can't properly preview the paintjobs before buying.
Not from the cockpit, no. On those ships where you'll see the body panels (i.e. most) you would already see now in the different PJ colour though. Some proper cockpit customisation would certainly be something I'd pay for, but it looks like we're stuck with bobbleheads. Shame.

I just checked in to the frontier store to see if maybe, just maybe they slipped up and put fleet carrier livery up for sale by accident. Nope, nothing. Looks like FDev is on their game lol

Hmmm the discount is live.. my alt account needs a(nother) type 10 and krait skin.. should i break my decision...

Oh wait my main account has 3000 free arx. Yeah frontier need to actually court my wallet not just expect for it to drop in their lap for existing.

Moving on.

Actually.. thats a hell no because they're being stingy and only giving a 30% discount not 40 as per custom. What are they trying to do, milk us?

Anyway, since last sale the only thing decent they've released are the gradient beluga's and the type 9 raider kit.. both not on sale.

Maybe an honorable mention for the asemic courier and dolphin, but im sick of asemic black on my cutter already and dont fly the courier. Oh wait going to need something for imperial eagle... which is an imperial ship and looks amazing out of the box. EDIT: Apparently i have 2 for this already.. midnight black and tactical white. Only good ones imo.. i mean the new ones have the word "RACING" in big letters on the side. /facepalm zero effort.

Last edited:
...Shame you can't properly preview the paintjobs before buying.
For the PC (not sure about consoles)...
Out of game direct to the Store website is fixed graphics.
In-game Livery shows outfitting type fixed graphics of the player's current ship.
In-game Store the player can view and purchase any ship graphics in a rotating Holo-Me type display.

Looks like 33 percent off on just about everything. I now have the complete collection of pirate red graphics. Heck it's only ARX! :)

Top Bottom