News New Player Minor Faction System

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Congrads on putting together the new PMFS FD & Brett. I know doing something like this is not a minor task thought up on a sunny thursday afternoon.

To give a rough timeline, PMF's and PG's started off with Michael Brookes who gave the process it's first-boot in 2015 (if memory serves right). After some time time, the process was transferred to Zac and for a very short period, Ed. The process was then transferred to me since 2016, it has now been transferred to a much more automated process via the website.

The new automated PMF system has been a work in progress for quite some time (talking in months rather weeks). A lot of deliberation went into what does what, and how it'll be managed going forward; and now, we have this new system.

The newer and more automated system takes a massive load of weight off of me when it comes to the player minor faction process.

@Guywired: To be honest, I've not been following No Man's Sky for the better part of this month, only very-recently did I see the news of their new content. I've been busy with a lot of forum updates, sentiment reporting/gathering, and analytical related tasks for the vast majority of July.

Yup, no more forumites like me nagging Brett with reminders that it needs to be a more automated system or pointing out that dreadful backlog.

Drawing any connection to NMS (and making all kinds of accusations based upon that) is misplaced, as it's just coincidence. Folks (myself included) have been crying out for this for a looong time now, and it's good now that we have it.

Neo-Feudal is just the Imperial Flavour of Feudalism

So each combination of Government type plus Superpower Allegiance (or Independence) gives a descriptor

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=132071

Gives a list found so far.

Note some combinations like, as examples, Imperial Theocracy and Federal Communism are invalid

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...-really-work-for-Part-2?p=4407023#post4407023

Shows the titles of the faction NPCS

and this thread https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/365607-What-do-the-factions-say

Catalogs the faction comments on various economic and political states, so hopefully between all three it might help in finding the one that best fits the faction you envision

Thanks for this precisions.
But what it change?

Cause "if i've understand", it change the agressivity against the other gov', and desc (who care?).
But if change laws? And stability (Feudal is more imperial, but they'll have problems into the Federation no?)

Well, with this type of reactions, there is only 80's fan on this board. Well play guys.

But Frontier just wake up in the "good" direction (good mean active players per day, and not better gameplay ofc.), and this is a reality.
"We" (so muuuuuuuch topics) for years for this actual patchs. And they just lock our topics, people who only defend "80's gameplay with no interraction" just troll and say "Go on Eve". Nice argumentation.

But Now, Frontier know what to do.

Who is this aimed at? I think its a rant at someone, but as most of it makes no sense it is difficult to tell.

But what it change?

Cause "if i've understand", it change the agressivity against the other gov', and desc (who care?).
But if change laws? And stability (Feudal is more imperial, but they'll have problems into the Federation no?)
Quite a few things depend directly or indirectly on the government type.

Government types have elections with some and wars with others. A Feudal in Imperial space will be nearer to more factions it has elections with, while a Feudal in (mostly)Federal space will have mostly wars. Elections are less disruptive to larger factions, but Wars can be easier to win in some circumstances.

Certain mission types are only available to Criminal factions (basically, Anarchies).

Anarchy factions get positive rather than negative effects from black markets, always open Interstellar Factors, but can't bounty hunt to support them.

All faction types have their own lists of legal and illegal goods. Some faction types encourage black markets to open, others encourage them to close.

Various text changes (e.g. titles of mission givers)

Outfitting at a station depends in part on the government type of the controlling faction. Exactly *how* I don't believe has been analysed by anyone.

Superpower-aligned factions are restricted to particular government types. Being aligned to a superpower has advantages and disadvantages (especially around bounties)

@Guywired: To be honest, I've not been following No Man's Sky for the better part of this month, only very-recently did I see the news of their new content. I've been busy with a lot of forum updates, sentiment reporting/gathering, and analytical related tasks for the vast majority of July.

I love you, Brett.

It's just difficult to believe that after taking so long to to develop this feature came out in the same 24hrs as their base building expansion.

To give a rough timeline, PMF's and PG's started off with Michael Brookes who gave the process it's first-boot in 2015 (if memory serves right). After some time time, the process was transferred to Zac and for a very short period, Ed. The process was then transferred to me since 2016, it has now been transferred to a much more automated process via the website.

The new automated PMF system has been a work in progress for quite some time (talking in months rather weeks). A lot of deliberation went into what does what, and how it'll be managed going forward; and now, we have this new system.

The newer and more automated system takes a massive load of weight off of me when it comes to the player minor faction process.

Hi Brett,

since the PMF system placement is random, I didn't read anything about placing a new PMF in a system owned by another existent PMF... I hope ther is a block or something, RIGHT?

the number of active players are going down.

DOOOOOMMMM!!!

What i find immensely funny is people pointing to Steam stats when player numbers drop to declare the game is dying, but when the player numbers pick up, they never return to say "Good job FD! Player numbers are up! Game is doing better!"

Nope, its always pointing to the mythical fanboys who are killing the game.

Brett C

Frontier
DOOOOOMMMM!!!

What i find immensely funny is people pointing to Steam stats when player numbers drop to declare the game is dying, but when the player numbers pick up, they never return to say "Good job FD! Player numbers are up! Game is doing better!"

Nope, its always pointing to the mythical fanboys who are killing the game.

According to the forums and other places, Elite was doomed on the day of release in 2014. DOOOOOOOOOOM!! ;)

According to the forums and other places, Elite was doomed on the day of release in 2014. DOOOOOOOOOOM!! ;)

lOehWYb.gif

Internally, old system PMF's have a flag attached to them to denote it's a PMF. The new system continues that.

Oh? Would it be possible to say, disable that flag for old PMFs whose creators disbanded their player group, or when their player group has been totally inactive for a period of time?

But what it change?

Description and Legal/Illegal goods
Such as the Classic Imperial Governments allowing Imperial Slaves

I've hear this empty arguments a lot of time on this board, and this is why this game became a desert.
Rare "normal players" come on a solo game board. And when they come here (it mean, they're invested players) they have "It's not for you, wrong game, go away, we want a game not a game, we want RP on the head and no gameplay".

Well, listen to me dude, NOW people like me are on the Frontier way, because due to your "empty" way, the number of active players are going down.

Now they want factions, new PVP ( with Factional Warfare on open world) and ALL the logic features that people like me want for years.
I hope it's not too late, and people will try again Elite AFTER the updated, else, this game will die due to NO ACTIVE PLAYERS. Due to people like you.

According to David Braben the number of players is currently higher than it's ever been.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ontent-after-Beyond-(from-PC-Gamer-interview)

In regards to old PMF system

So before in the old setup you had us submit player group request prior to submitting a PMF application so, do i still have to wait on my group submission to go through before applying to new system or does new system completely bypass the group submission form?? I would really appreciate some sort of answer regarding this because i have yet to apply for PMF due to waiting for group submission to be accepted.

Description and Legal/Illegal goods
Such as the Classic Imperial Governments allowing Imperial Slaves

yeah, you can know that if you go there with this goods.
But we haven't a board with all governements and laws?

Like "Feudal allow weapons but no drugs, democracy allow drugs but no slaves etc"?

Brett C

Frontier
So before in the old setup you had us submit player group request prior to submitting a PMF application so, do i still have to wait on my group submission to go through before applying to new system or does new system completely bypass the group submission form?? I would really appreciate some sort of answer regarding this because i have yet to apply for PMF due to waiting for group submission to be accepted.

The new system completely bypasses the old method. It's much more direct.

In regards to old PMF system

The new system completely bypasses the old method. It's much more direct.

So does this mean i should resubmit a new group form? Because even on the new system thread it still states to submit player group form??

Thank you for the response by the way appreciate your hard work with the community and all.

I submitted a group form and then submitted for a player faction 4 months ago. I haven't received an email yet telling me it was approved or rejected. Just keep waiting?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom