New red-orange dot approaching the bubble at 0.8ly per minute-- Thargoid mothership?

UIA2 from Mel 22 Sector MF-D b13-2. Quite bright already, given that it's only a 30Ly hop from Synuefai EZ-A b33-0.

23-40-48 Mel 22 Sector MF-D b13-2-Mel 22 Sector MF-D b13-2 A.jpg

Also, a bit 'quieter' down here...

What in the world happened to UIA 4 and 5????

Come on, FD!!!

What in the world happened to UIA 4 and 5????

Come on, FD!!!
Looks like they all have this issue that sometimes the (auto)pilot is not quite able to keep them on route...

Imagine a Thargoid whacking the control panels because the ship does not respond properly to their input, hitting the button labeled "RESET", which teleports them back to the last known correct postition while resetting the navigational computer...

Looks like they all have this issue that sometimes the (auto)pilot is not quite able to keep them on route...

Imagine a Thargoid whacking the control panels because the ship does not respond properly to their input, hitting the button labeled "RESET", which teleports them back to the last known correct postition while resetting the navigational computer...
Damn, you, creator of all things Thargoid, for not giving us opposable thumbs!!!!!

FYI, I just flew in to UIA2, transition of MEL 22 Sector MF-D B13-2 (and boy, are my arms tired).

It was SUPPOSED to go through this system around 16:40 GST but I can see UIA2 against the inner Milky Way, so it appears to have come through early. At least, that's the way it looks here.

Now it looks like #3 isn't scheduled to go through IT'S targeted system until Nov 11th.
Maybe someone's driving with the emergency brake set and the indicator light burned out.

Last edited:
if it the end of the world or bubble, what is the point of running away , stay for the finale.:).there be music and dancing before the end and maybe a few Drinks too.

.....meanwhile me

i in a galaxy far far away.....

Last edited:
Damn, you, creator of all things Thargoid, for not giving us opposable thumbs!!!!!
Not the issue I thought of, but also a possibility, yes.
I figured they might be flying more in the ST:TNG style...

Well, I don't know either the Tharg or Bl1p personally, but maybe someone is just, um, excited, you know?
Or maybe the tharg is just drooling a little too much. You know how they get. :giggle:
Ohkay, I am not able to rule that out.
Although I am unsure about the drooling part. Maybe it was just them trying to communicate and someone is prone to splutter when they speak...

So that's another one I missed. Stupid work... :rolleyes: ;)
Yeah, this stupid game called real life always gets in the way...

Interstellar rubberbanding perhaps?

:D S

Ok, currently at Mel 22 Sector QL-B B14-2 for passage of UIA 2 at 21:35 GST today. Noted that UIA 8 is running through Guardian space with no apparent reaction from anything there (unless someone has seen something activating or blinking red that wasn't doing that yesterday). I find it surprising that FD didn't have the mysterious race known only as The Developers come up with something along the lines of guardian sites (or even thargoid ground bases) react in SOME way to these 8 approaching objects but that's just me. :cautious:

Since (game-mechanics-wise) it's "a dot from FD's laser pointer against the skybox that we cannot interact with anyway" I'm going to head back to the bubble. They'll keep coming no matter what and its only going to be a matter of a week or so before something happens, so I'm heading back home, have a (virtual) beer at the bar, head out to my "escape" location and wait for the bubble to catch fire (or do whatever it's going to do).

Ok, currently at Mel 22 Sector QL-B B14-2 for passage of UIA 2 at 21:35 GST today. Noted that UIA 8 is running through Guardian space with no apparent reaction from anything there (unless someone has seen something activating or blinking red that wasn't doing that yesterday). I find it surprising that FD didn't have the mysterious race known only as The Developers come up with something along the lines of guardian sites (or even thargoid ground bases) react in SOME way to these 8 approaching objects but that's just me. :cautious:

Since (game-mechanics-wise) it's "a dot from FD's laser pointer against the skybox that we cannot interact with anyway" I'm going to head back to the bubble. They'll keep coming no matter what and its only going to be a matter of a week or so before something happens, so I'm heading back home, have a (virtual) beer at the bar, head out to my "escape" location and wait for the bubble to catch fire (or do whatever it's going to do).
I agree with you about some missed opportunities, there.

But on the other hand, I can hear all those people that would moan about "over the top", especially without knowing what awaits us. (Not the hindsight bunch that has "always known what would happen"...)

The main issue is that we still do not know if it actually is what we think it is.

Top Bottom