New red-orange dot approaching the bubble at 0.8ly per minute-- Thargoid mothership?

Maybe it is my imagination, but the sound also seems more... guttural. At the very least, it is much clearer now. Also, being able to target them for the first time feels... dangerous.
What system are you currently on? Or in which system can I see one of them?

Two months ago, after a 45-minute supercruise, I managed to catch them on the 2nd Stargoid. Can I still see it with the same method?

Mmm, apparently the incoming thingies are “giant wibbly things”.......

So can we officially name them “Wibbles”? 😁

Last edited:
Mmm, apparently the incoming thingies are “giant wibbly things”.......

So can we officially name them “Wibbles”? 😁

Certainly trips off the tongue better than 'Existential Nightmares from the Void'... :eek:

So, yeah. Wibbles. They're a thing... :p

Last edited:
i'm currently in Synuefe HG-O b26-0, looking the eight UIA and i can't target it as a USS.
the UIA will pass through @ 11/11/2022 19:24:19, let's if i can intercept it ( probably not 😅 )

edit: so i can target it, max range seems to be 5.40 ly or so for the rogue signal source

Last edited:
So, worst case scenario...it's a massive fleet of massive ships...
Sort of. Someone mentioned that the swarms launched by Thargoid vessels often use a formation that strongly resembles the look of the Stargoids. So my guess would be that each of the "arms" of these things consistes of thousands of vessels, ranking from Scouts in the tips over Interceptors and the likes to megaships, fleet carriers and something even bigger, like a space station where even megaships can dock, in the center.

I know, my imagination shifted into savage mode... :unsure:

and i failed to intercept UIA 8, homie is fast as
next try UIA 1

btw if zoom on the UIA in the vss, there is sometimes a deep rumbling thargoidish sound

Interesting. Once the UIA is closer than 0.1Ly the distance drops to showing Ls. So, currently UIA1 is 2,239,351 Ls out...and falling rapidly...

Edit: Video of flyby just uploading, for the curious...

Last edited:
Top Bottom