New red-orange dot approaching the bubble at 0.8ly per minute-- Thargoid mothership?

If it is 20 light years away you're seeing an event from 20 years ago. Ignore it.
1661946099495.png

This makes a lot of sense as we all know U14 will show up in September, probably around the second week of the month which would give it enough time for this object to make it here. According to the live stream I had playing in the background people with crazy Math skilz estimated it was heading to HIP 22460, probably in answer to the big honking green thing that's still active there. I have no idea how people figure this stuff out - just remember that geeks figured out where the first guardian ruins were based on the teaser video introducing stuff like that and the star constellations in the background.

Could also be the guardian AI wanting to know whoz toying with their stufz. Not sure which would be worse.

FYI, comments on the Galnet youtube channel had a statement from Canonn Research:
Canonn research does not make any claims for this discovery. The hyperdiction was reported via our EDMC plugin by a non-member and as the data is made public in real time it was immediately picked up by members and non members alike.

There is also this additional video where you can hear it on the FSS:
So what interests me most is not necessarily the noise itself, but the fact that sets a precedent for perhaps locating out-of-system things of interest, based on FSS background noise. Would be awesome if that became a more commonplace mechanic... would be the "breadcrumbs" exploration needs.

The fact that we can "see" ships in supercruise in "realtime", that may be thousands of light-seconds distant, suggests that, from the game's perspective, the speed of light is not a limit in terms of sensors - and, in terms of visibility of interstellar phenomenon, is effectively infinite rather than finite.
I don't take it particularly seriously though. I'm very much of the view that if FDev kbew exactly how all this stuff worked and could give us an accurate representation of how faster than light travel works, what on earth are they doing making video games and not doing work for ESA / NASA etc.

So what interests me most is not necessarily the noise itself, but the fact that sets a precedent for perhaps locating out-of-system things of interest, based on FSS background noise. Would be awesome if that became a more commonplace mechanic... would be the "breadcrumbs" exploration needs.
I'm surprised nobody had discovered the sound in the FSS until only after the anomaly had been discovered in the Skybox. I can hear it on the Bubble pointing at Barnard's Loop in the FSS.

Last edited:
I was in some guy's twitch late last night and he ran me off for being negative...which I found hilarious. Anyhow...this "event" really has raised a few questions for me. I had previously assumed that "free space" didn't exist in the game's code. That the skybox was a frozen shot in time, a jpg wrapped around your instance so to speak, and that nothing else existed in real time for the player. This event seems to contradict that....it would appear that you can "see" this object move across the static skybox....which seems to mean that it exists in a unique space in the whole of the game, in that it can move through the space between systems. Which gives me hope that rogue planets, which I previously thought that the game could not handle, are out there...and as such, Raxxla.

View attachment 319736

Here's a 4k image of the anomaly.

Game was running at 4k, I took an ultra high res screenshot (Alt-F10) resulting image was 8640p. I then used AI to upscale it to 32k (32000x18000). Then cropped the anomaly.
I would refrain from upscaling as it adds detail which do not correspond to the original (false details).
Rather post the 8k image cropped but then the unknown space anomaly is original.

Top Bottom