New red-orange dot approaching the bubble at 0.8ly per minute-- Thargoid mothership?

There is also this additional video where you can hear it on the FSS:
Nice!

Also for the Salvagers among you - reports of lots of degraded emissions and Survey Caches (which are reasonably rare usually). Now I just have to wait 6 hours for a ship with Collectors to get out here :)

Hmm, i'm really curious if this concludes tomorrow (i really hope not) or it drags till U14
At that distance, the mysterious "developer race" will milk this out until U14 or probably a week after it drops before the doo-doo hits the celestial fan.

Possible plot twist: The current object moves more slowly, delaying the approach - but dozens more similar objects have suddenly become visible, all heading for the Bubble.
For us? Why would they need more than one?

Light speed is infinite in the Elite universe?
In this video game, the Speed of Light is not a Universal Law - it's more of a "suggestion." ;)

Nice!

Also for the Salvagers among you - reports of lots of degraded emissions and Survey Caches (which are reasonably rare usually). Now I just have to wait 6 hours for a ship with Collectors to get out here :)
I did pick up on that on my FSS once I arrived there. I did find a ton of FC's as expected but never expected to find so many debris fields.

I have a visual...

My god, that thing is huge!

DOOM.jpg

Last edited:
So this looks a lot like the swirly galaxy hologram in Goid structures :D

I hope this 'ship' is like a mobile star system with moons / stations wrapped up in Lagrange cloud goodness :D

Light speed is infinite in the Elite universe?

Effectively yes, I didn't even know this was a debatable point. Look at anything in the galaxy from wherever you want and it looks exactly the same, from right up next to it to across the entire galaxy, so infinite speed of light and 0 passage of time....for the galaxy, not us!

Top Bottom