New Ship for Elite - great idea.

Hey guys/gals I happened to stumble across this post , which came from a friend of mine , and I think it is a brilliant idea. It is called the Vampire MkIV Diamondback. As crazy as it sounds , the actual design itself is brilliant because this is exactly what the game needs. The sharp edges , the wingspan , hardpoint layout , all aspects would bring a much desired kick the game needs considering the delay of the carrier ships. Frontier owes its loyal customer base atleast something in return for staying with the game , playing everyday , in order to keep the game alive. Most of these people are actually pvp style gameplay individuals. So from my perspective , something like this even the name itself , is a brilliant idea and should be brought to the table.

Attachments

• 500px-MilDB.jpg
    500px-MilDB.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 226
There's lots of ships in Elite's lore that can be brought into Elite: Dangerous already. Third-party suggestions will necessarily have to take a back seat (way, way back).

Well I want one.

Five hardpoints on a small ship?

Yes. So much yes.

x3 small and x2 medium...

Fast, agile strike fighter, decent distro to cope with hardpoints, decent engines, terrible armour and good shields. WE NEED THIS. I don't even care if it can only jump under 10ly.

I am always in favour of new ships, but I find the jet-fighter look a bit tired. We should be able to go a bit more "out there" with ship aesthetics, less restricted by gravity, as with the starports. The different conditions in space allow for a different set of structural regulations with (hopefully) more leniency in building and design. I understand that there is gravity in space and that ships that are meant to land on planets will need to take notice of it, but I just think that starships should be more than just airplanes with boosters and life support.

Top Bottom