New Thargoid variant

Wild speculation begins as new thargoid variant scan shows Frame Shift Drive as a sub-target. Really getting interesting!
A cautionary note on this from the other Thargoid Attacks mega thread ....
The facts it got human modules shown and give incorrect data sample is mainly because it's a scripted event and I guess they didn't think people would be able to get the time to scan/get a sample of those so they used placeholder data.

Thargoids in the early days (when the hyperdiction was a cutscene), the interceptors showed human-like ship modules as subtargets as well.

So don't see too much into those things for now, i'd say.

FO: Captain, our database has no matching schematic for this Thargoid vessel. This looks to be a completely new class of Interceptor!
Cpt: Interesting, let's see what we can find out. Initiate Xeno Scanner!
FO: Aye aye, Captain. .... Scan complete.
Cpt: What does it say?
FO:

wSfHn3S.jpg
Can confirm

Race was obviously a bad choice of words. The idea that there may be at least one or more additional 'cliques' of thargoids that may have varying hostility and /or different motivations is both feasible (we have humans who want to kill them and humans who don't), and it's a persistent theme (even if it is fake news, it might have sparked someone at FDs imagination, and the idea may have practically been born at that time and entering the game now).

For me there are three pertinent questions... Is the 'NO' a graphical screw up by fd, or does it mean 'something'? If it means something, what? Are they hostile to us and not engaging, preferring to brave sir Robin, or are they not looking to kill any humans at all (potential different ideology theory)? The answers to those can lead to more formulated questions.

This is so exciting!! Maybee this is the second thargoid faction that's rumored to exist or perhaps this Is some kind of "diplomatic" variant and the goids are actually attempting some form of peaceful interactions.

The fact that it has human modules makes me think that it's Palin's personal modified Interceptor. What does that mean?

Well, I don't think we'll all be finding Interceptors in the shipyard in the near future. However:

As a result of the development of Fleet Carriers, Frontier now has the code to allow ships to jump to planets rather than just suns.

As I understand it, Frontier was originally agnostic about whether ships should jump to planets or be forced to supercruise to them. It was the early players who voted for supercruise. It's possible that Frontier are now starting to think that that decision ended up putting off more players than it pleased. In which case:

We might be getting, not Thargoid Interceptors, but new hyperdrives based on Thargoid tech that allow players to jump directly to planets. And the present event in Maia is the first harbinger of this.

Incidentally, personally I don't mind supercruising to my destination. But there have been plenty of threads on this forum to suggest that this opinion is not universally shared.

The fact that it has human modules makes me think that it's Palin's personal modified Interceptor. What does that mean?

Well, I don't think we'll all be finding Interceptors in the shipyard in the near future. However:

As a result of the development of Fleet Carriers, Frontier now has the code to allow ships to jump to planets rather than just suns.

As I understand it, Frontier was originally agnostic about whether ships should jump to planets or be forced to supercruise to them. It was the early players who voted for supercruise. It's possible that Frontier are now starting to think that that decision ended up putting off more players than it pleased. In which case:

We might be getting, not Thargoid Interceptors, but new hyperdrives based on Thargoid tech that allow players to jump directly to planets. And the present event in Maia is the first harbinger of this.

Incidentally, personally I don't mind supercruising to my destination. But there have been plenty of threads on this forum to suggest that this opinion is not universally shared.
Jump to planets?

Jump to planets?
Thargoids can jump into a system anywhere in the system, rather than just at a sun. So can capital ships, and now Fleet Carriers will be able to do the same thing - except that in their case, these will be plotted jumps rather than scripted events. It's possible that this new capability has been implemented in a way that could make it possible to give players' ships the same capability.

Back
Top Bottom