Next update is 3.1 + Guardian FSD Booster Refunds

They should bring back the £5 fee for letting everyone beta test their game for them.

Unless you're joking, I'm gonna go with a hard no on that one. Unless the story element is extremely important and spoils something major, it should be in the beta for extra testing. The entire story content on planets has been plagued with bugs since they started doing it. I honestly don't remember if there was any of it that didn't have some sort of problem with it.

The majority of the update seems to work perfectly fine. I have idea why people get into such a tiz over a few modules and mission types that were not working as intended. They have made it a big deal out of something so minor.

I find it all rather pathetic to be honest.

This is something that happens everywhere on the internet. It's a lot easier to use the same hyperboles over and over, instead of putting effort and detail in your critique.
I'm sure Quester doesn't actually think that literally "Everything new is either bugged or downright broken". He doesn't seem that daft, he's just lazy or doesn't have the time.

Do you play any of the game mechanics?

Yup. They work fine for me. Haven't encountered any bugs for a while. What game are you playing?

This is something that happens everywhere on the internet. It's a lot easier to use the same hyperboles over and over, instead of putting effort and detail in your critique.
I'm sure Quester doesn't actually think that literally "Everything new is either bugged or downright broken". He doesn't seem that daft, he's just lazy or doesn't have the time.

I am pretty sure he does if you look at his post history.

Ok so these FSD boosters will not be fixed for 2-3 months? great... 3.0 is really quite a catastrophe so far, except the engineers rework, which was merely a correction of earlier mistakes...

I am loving so much about 3.0, in spite of the hiccups. Makes me really excited for 3.1 & 3.2.

Jex =TE=

Banned
Unless you're joking, I'm gonna go with a hard no on that one. Unless the story element is extremely important and spoils something major, it should be in the beta for extra testing. The entire story content on planets has been plagued with bugs since they started doing it. I honestly don't remember if there was any of it that didn't have some sort of problem with it.

Well it's no joke but they did it before and people paid money for it and then, when it launched, it was broken so good job there - a fiver well spent so yes/no it's a joke lol.

Yup. They work fine for me. Haven't encountered any bugs for a while. What game are you playing?

I am pretty sure he does if you look at his post history.

I get the feeling you're not playing the same game as everyone else and just kind of float around the galaxy lol.

I get the feeling you're not playing the same game as everyone else and just kind of float around the galaxy lol.
Yup I just sit there in my cockpit and look into space and contemplate life the universe and everything and that's about it.

But seriously all the basic mechanics work perfectly fine. The engineers work perfectly fine, flying from A to B works perfectly fine, the missions I take seem to work perfectly fine. I am not saying that are no issues but they are minor whether you like it or not.

Having one experimental module not work properly is not the end of the world. Removing the Mining missions to fix the rewards is not the end of the world. All these are minor issues which people are blowing up out of proportion. But I see this all the time on the forums. Even I am guilty of it at times with the stinking turd that is galaxy wide telepresence.

Of course there are bugs and with a game the size of ED there will always be bugs.

Last edited:
Ok so these FSD boosters will not be fixed for 2-3 months? great... 3.0 is really quite a catastrophe so far, except the engineers rework, which was merely a correction of earlier mistakes...

Totally with you here... the fsd booster looks like the first guardian module which has the potential of actually being interesting. Just recently grinded the required mats and blueprints and now they have pulled it and won't re-release it until 3.1? :(

Anyone saying "everything FD does is just a fail" really need some reality checks.

For example new Thargoid fights are really awesome, and I appreciate how well thought this fights actually are.
There are various phases that require different kind of weapons and approach, and everything is put very well together.

My main problem with ED from the start is BB system. Numbers are just usually way off in one form on another, and current "Wing missions" plague doesn't help either.
We at least need filter for this "wing missions" asap.

Regarding FSD Booster - I was in the middle of 16 Guardian runs (for 16 module blueprints) when I heard that module is pulled off. It was the only one I actually wanted to unlock asap as distributor is not better then G5 engineered one.
Hope at least Guardian Frag is nice, as it is the one next in the list for unlocking when I will have the time.

Last edited:
That's a bit dramatic.
No it's not. 3.x was supposed to be about refining or developing core gameplay and quality of life improvements. So far there have been no improvements to core gameplay, and they have managed to break many otherwise functional aspects of the game.

No it's not. 3.x was supposed to be about refining or developing core gameplay and quality of life improvements. So far there have been no improvements to core gameplay, and they have managed to break many otherwise functional aspects of the game.

What has been broken apart from a few mission types and some modules that are not even needed.

As to updating the core game they have done that with the mission rewards system which is far better. Wing missions are in although they have had some teething issues, but not to be un-expected and I am sure will get better in the future. And engineers is much better then before, although it is not core gameplay, it is a largish part.

On the whole the game has improved but has a few teething issues. It is far from broken or a catastrophe.

I just hope they release update in jurassic world better than they did in elite 3.0.

The biggest fall is of course guardian module. How can they release such thing without any internal test ?

I will not include C&P because it's more personal ( you like it or not after all) , but it's a mess for my point of view. I hope they fix it sooner than later.

But I still enjoy the game and the engineer and some wing missions. So this is not a complete mess. Just they could have been better with better quality check or beta phasing.

Hope the next update will focus on quality and let all CMDR agreed it will be a better update.

I just hope they release update in jurassic world better than they did in elite 3.0.

The biggest fall is of course guardian module. How can they release such thing without any internal test ?

I will not include C&P because it's more personal ( you like it or not after all) , but it's a mess for my point of view. I hope they fix it sooner than later.

But I still enjoy the game and the engineer and some wing missions. So this is not a complete mess. Just they could have been better with better quality check or beta phasing.

Hope the next update will focus on quality and let all CMDR agreed it will be a better update.

I think the issues with the FSD boost module is that there are so many variables with engineers it could take months to check them all out. I wonder if they worked perfectly fine without engineered modules.

That's a bit dramatic.

No. Catastrophic sums it up pretty well. They took an aful gambling system and made it worse, introduced another pure repetitive grind mechanic, failed to make boosters work and in general broke a bunch of stuff.

Sounds, within context, pretty catastrophic...or like any other fdev patch, in other words.

No. Catastrophic sums it up pretty well. They took an aful gambling system and made it worse, introduced another pure repetitive grind mechanic, failed to make boosters work and in general broke a bunch of stuff.

Sounds, within context, pretty catastrophic...or like any other fdev patch, in other words.

If it was catastrophic then I would expect the whole game to be virtually unplayable. Except it is not. 99% of the game is perfecty playable.

As to a gambling system, which one is that as at the moment there is no gambling system in the game. Or are you talking about engineers. Well that wasn't gambling before either because you couldn't lose. You would always have better then what you started off with which is a stock module. And as to the new system there is zero gambling involved so how they could make a gamling system worse when there wasn't one in the first place is beyond me.

Unbelievable. The haters just going to hate, no matter what. I love the changes. Just go play something else.

Top Bottom