No more patch updates before Fleet Carriers?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm hovering between Space Engineer's & Farming Simulator.......I gave up months ago waiting for FC's to be released.....I'll probably only load up again to play when the Beta for FC's is out.......or if not a beta, then FC.......or the next paid DLC......it's difficult to decide now which will come first🤔

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
You forgot to highlight the most important piece of info from the OP:

So I interpreted Steve's message as good, because it means that next one will be FCs and it will most likely be in April/May. Otherwise, we would've had a new bugfixing one in April/May and then FCs in September. It would make no sense to have a new bugfixes release in April/May and another one with FCs near the end of Q2, because making releases has a cost (both in terms of work and in terms of actual money), especially if they have to setup a beta for it. So, it makes sense to piggy-back the fixes on top of a content release, as they always did.

tl;dr; The open letter didn't change FDev release schedule, it just changed (very limitedly) what we get in each release.

Or:

Bugfix Update 1 - Jan
Bugfix Update 2 - April
FC Update - End of June

Still within the timetable and now it's a "series" of bugfixes, as announced.

People have been saying that since before the game even launched (after the whole no offline mode controversy) and yet five years later ED is still here and going strong. I guess day one the doomsayers will get it right ;)
i play from day one, i probably doing the great part of my 3k hours in the first year. than, the game go slowly inside a limbo, especially for the gameplay part, there no nome the sense of "competition" we have in the first day. i know i have unlocked all necessary stuff and achievement, doing pve just for the glad about graphics and sound\light effect, cause, in game, my efford are completely useless. oh wow, another bilion in the wallet.
i play looot hours in bgs and pve, as pmf founder and essentialy we have to do the same stuff we do in 2014 with moar paintjob and laser color.
the only way to found some challenge is to play with a tons size ball tied to the foot, using as example mining lance for bounty hunting, lol.
tons of day one players not more play the game, waiting to something to add some gameplay challenge.

i play from day one, i probably doing the great part of my 3k hours in the first year. than, the game go slowly inside a limbo, especially for the gameplay part, there no nome the sense of "competition" we have in the first day. i know i have unlocked all necessary stuff and achievement, doing pve just for the glad about graphics and sound\light effect, cause, in game, my efford are completely useless. oh wow, another bilion in the wallet.
i play looot hours in bgs and pve, as pmf founder and essentialy we have to do the same stuff we do in 2014 with moar paintjob and laser color.
the only way to found some challenge is to play with a tons size ball tied to the foot, using as example mining lance for bounty hunting, lol.
tons of day one players not more play the game, waiting to something to add some gameplay challenge.
I love it when people put thousands of hours into a game and then complain that the game is rubbish or dead because they're burnt out or have run out of things to do ;)

Or:

Bugfix Update 1 - Jan
Bugfix Update 2 - April
FC Update - End of June

Still within the timetable and now it's a "series" of bugfixes, as announced.

It does, if you optimistically assume 3 months rather than 4, and you count April -> June as 3 rather than 2 somewhat magically :) Optimistic esteems and software do not go well together ;-) They've been doing 4 major releases + various minors per year for a couple of years now 🤷‍♀️

Deleted member 182079

D
I disagree. A lot of the bugs were fixed. That part I can't really complain about - they did say, they would fix long- and short-term bugs and they did just that, and a lot of them!
They certainly didn't fix the bug that annoys me most by far, namely the new message notification icon above the comms panel not disappearing (and gradually increasing to 3, 4, 5, etc.). I haven't got the faintest how that was not addressed already, it's so easy to replicate.

And yet, there it still is, mocking me and my OCD, and virtually showing me two fingers.

Still looking forward to Frontier fixing all the bugs of the Chapter Four exploration content, which was added in 2018. December - or at the very least, the serious ones.
Subsequent updates added more bugs, too, the most egregious probably being earlier finds of Commanders having vanished or changed to other types.

Would be nice to hear from the CMs, too. The whole matter should be quite simple to clear up. @Stephen Benedetti , @Chante Goodman , @Will Flanagan , @Bo Marit : There has been one beta and one bugfix update so far, the January Update. Will we have one more bugfix update before the Fleet Carriers patch, as was promised?

Last edited:
I disagree. A lot of the bugs were fixed. That part I can't really complain about - they did say, they would fix long- and short-term bugs and they did just that, and a lot of them!

In its actual state Elite has more than 1000 bugs open (reported and tested by the community, just sneakily hidden by this "bugtracker", but they are still there).

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
It does, if you optimistically assume 3 months rather than 4, and you count April -> June as 3 rather than 2 somewhat magically :) Optimistic esteems and software do not go well together ;-) They've been doing 4 major releases + various minors per year for a couple of years now 🤷‍♀️

I think I have the right to expect the updates to potentially be every 3 to 4 months when they've said the updates will be released every 3 to 4 months ;)

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Still looking forward to Frontier fixing all the bugs of the Chapter Four exploration content, which was added in 2018. December - or at the very least, the serious ones.
Subsequent updates added more bugs, too, the most egregious probably being earlier finds of Commanders having vanished or changed to other types.

Would be nice to hear from the CMs, too. The whole matter should be quite simple to clear up. @Stephen Benedetti , @Chante Goodman , @Will Flanagan , @Bo Marit : There has been one beta and one bugfix update so far, the January Update. Will we have one more bugfix update before the Fleet Carriers patch, as was promised?

Hi friend, Chanté and myself don't work on Elite - sorry! The Elite CM team is working hard (and growing too, so there'll be more people who can help you further) and they read everything, so they'll reply when they can. I'm sure they'll be back with fun activities soon, so bear with them <3!

Hi friend, Chanté and myself don't work on Elite - sorry! The Elite CM team is working hard (and growing too, so there'll be more people who can help you further) and they read everything, so they'll reply when they can. I'm sure they'll be back with fun activities soon, so bear with them <3!
Thanks for the reply! Looking forward to hearing from them then.

They certainly didn't fix the bug that annoys me most by far, namely the new message notification icon above the comms panel not disappearing (and gradually increasing to 3, 4, 5, etc.). I haven't got the faintest how that was not addressed already, it's so easy to replicate.

And yet, there it still is, mocking me and my OCD, and virtually showing me two fingers.
Yet strangely I haven’t seen that happen for weeks and it never gradually increased just stayed at the initial number until I left the game, though that last could be down to me rarely playing for more than 90 minutes or so at a time.

Of course having written that I am sure it will show up again sometime this week.

I wish FDEV would just keep us updated on things, I don't care if its bad news but it's just nice to know what is going on.
Since Frontier is a publicly-traded company, it's their fiscal responsibility to lie to us (or better yet, say nothing at all) in order to keep the stockholders happy. It's all about the profits and promise of future growth. I can't blame the developers or CMs for this, it's just capitalism 101. 🤷

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom