Not in the patch notes - canopy integrity halved.

Okaaaaaaaaaaaay then, it seems the fighters canopy integrity was untouched - the fighters that i can test (taipan and guardian lance) have 30 canopy integrity
IuBeoJl.jpg

Actually I like the change, finally a reason not to use D rated lightweight (except on those Alliance things...) anywhere.

But the habit of slipping in changes without mentioning them in patch notes is a big, BIG No No FD ! Seriously.

Looking forward to the rage from people who, until someone told them, never knew. I'm with Michael Brookes: dont give numbers, let people experiment themselves instead of getting upset over numbers they read on reddit.

Okaaaaaaaaaaaay then, it seems the fighters canopy integrity was untouched - the fighters that i can test (taipan and guardian lance) have 30 canopy integrity

Having said the above, this seems a tad... inconsistent. :p

Actually I like the change, finally a reason not to use D rated lightweight (except on those Alliance things...) anywhere.

But the habit of slipping in changes without mentioning them in patch notes is a big, BIG No No FD ! Seriously.

Then give us the ability to engineer the canope. Seems silly having a combat ship with french windows on the front.
Stronger canope, weaker life support needed, etc.

Then give us the ability to engineer the canope. Seems silly having a combat ship with french windows on the front.
Stronger canope, weaker life support needed, etc.

Yup. No energy requirements, but weight. Not going to put any heavy canopy on my Viper, but a large tank gets the Full Diamond Plated Grille.

I already used A rated life support on some of my builds. It's not nearly as heavy as something like the distro or bulkheads.

On a Conda, the difference between g5 lightweight A rated and D rated life support is only 2.8 tons which is a jump range diff of about 0.05ly. So I actually brought A rated life support on DG2 and was glad I did.

While I never did go over 7:30 on oxygen I almost did twice, and I was happy to have the peace of mind (yes I know it can be synthesized but not readily in combat) for what was probably a difference of 0 or 1 jumps over the course of hundreds (thousands?).

And sure there's a tiny speed/agility penalty but in some cases I'll pay that.

(In case wondering how I lost canopy on DG2, ATR vs. a garbage combat build is no joke)

Last edited:

The Replicated Man

T
Well this is great. Thanks FD!
/s

Do they really have a hate on against us poor hulltankers? I mean gee whiz man! Emissive seekers, to Drag Buffed/Nerfed to Canopy Nerfs.

Snif. I sure hope this is a bug.

Top Bottom