Not in the patch notes - canopy integrity halved.

DDastardly00

D
Agreed, they need to fix the bug. None of this hogwash about leaving it alone and adding engineering please. No, no, no, fix the bug, fix the bug and fix the bug, that is all.

Also, fix the bug.

This is honestly more annoying than the Drag munitions buff. in fact I would take that buff over this bug.

Before, canopy integrity was 30 across the board.
Now, its 15, EXCEPT for the type 10, where it is now 25(!).

So a few things come to mind with this.
  • This is an indirect buff to phasing, since it was the only 'module' that could be damaged with it while the shields are up.
  • ONE railgun shot is enough to break it
  • Thargoid interceptors seem to have a high rate of hitting this, so thats going to be even more of an embuggerance
  • Yet another nail in the hulltank coffin.
  • In quite a few ships, targeting the shield generator is an easy way to land hits on the canopy.
  • Hope you deepspace explorers have an AFMU, now you canopy goes in half the number of boops
  • Does FDev have a rogue programmer that just likes mucking around with random #DEFINEs in the code?
E : https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/1081

If so, then that has to be a mistake.
I think canopies should be improved in strength instead of halved.
Or we should be able to engineer them (from the previous value, not the current one)

All of my CMDR's combat ships have 25 minutes of life support, so even if this is a nerf rather than a revelation of the true integrity, little will change!
How do you continue fighting with the broken front window? Serious questions.
I put decent life support on all my combat ships as well, but once the window breaks the HUD is gone. And without the aiming indicators I can just stay around a little and play a bullet sponge, I'm not hitting anything.

As a shieldless Chieftain pilot, I can only give this advice: fit a class 2 AFMU

I repair my canopy at least a couple of times during a CZ run. (pre or post 3.4)

How do you continue fighting with the broken front window?

Personally? I use a lot of hitscan weapons.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rp4Rf5W6II

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVsDL9XIrkc

About the only things that are dramatically affected by loss of the canopy are fixed projectiles and with some practice even these can be used to moderately good effect in conjunction with some tactics (ramming for example). If you only have efficient PAs and fixed cannon, yeah a broken canopy puts you in a pretty bad situation, but most other loadouts are still usable.

DDastardly00

D
A ship with a reinforced hull and shields that has a papier-mâché canopy sounds pretty crappy and is useless. Guess I'll be flying the DBX until this guess sorted out.

Before, canopy integrity was 30 across the board.
Now, its 15, EXCEPT for the type 10, where it is now 25(!).

So a few things come to mind with this.
  • This is an indirect buff to phasing, since it was the only 'module' that could be damaged with it while the shields are up.
  • ONE railgun shot is enough to break it
  • Thargoid interceptors seem to have a high rate of hitting this, so thats going to be even more of an embuggerance
  • Yet another nail in the hulltank coffin.
  • In quite a few ships, targeting the shield generator is an easy way to land hits on the canopy.
  • Hope you deepspace explorers have an AFMU, now you canopy goes in half the number of boops
  • Does FDev have a rogue programmer that just likes mucking around with random #DEFINEs in the code?

E : https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/1081
Got to give rep for the use of "embuggerance". Pratchett fan per chance?

I could have sworn FDev pledged to make sure they included all changes in patch notes.

Though at this point updates to Elite are becoming Star Citizen-levels of memery. It's embarrassing at how much either breaks or isn't even mentioned whenever there's an update.

Last edited:
Top Bottom