NPC SRV coming with 4.0?

Deleted member 38366

D
Darn.... nice find!

And imagine the possibilities. They're nearly limitless, tons of stuff one could do on Planets with full NPC support (Air & Ground based, technically also underground) :)

Deleted member 38366

D
Hovering tanks are 100% easier to make than tracked/wheeled vehicles. Lol
Less/no moving parts, AI(and me) won't roll over constantly, smoothes out bumpy terrain for VR users and anyone else who gets sea sick.
Done!

Plus, it's just awesome.
Imagine this in EDs universe!

Uh... Battlezone I and II.... Epic Games those were, way ahead of their time.
I can't remember how many 1v1 MultiPlayer sessions I've played, awesome experience that was!

Just to repeat my answer to the question of "why" that was asked elsewhere ...

for every cry for "atmospheric planets" there's the counter cry of "but there's nothing to do on the planets we already have". So, if Frontier are looking into giving us more to do on planets then the fact that there are no NPCs at ground level to populate that environment with other non-player characters (in the same way that NPC ships populate the space lanes) is a glaring omission and the fact that FD are looking into rectifying that is, imho - HUGE!

I can't remember how many 1v1 MultiPlayer sessions I've played, awesome experience that was!

Still have them on an old Windows XP hard drive. I think I last played them maybe 4 years ago.

NPC SRV coming with 4.0?
No, because they are still looking for the developer.

My same though. The team moved from pre-production to full-production one year ago. If they're looking for this now it could be either:
  • a small update before New Era (if they can find the guy and the workscope is not huge)
  • a content following New Era

Still have them on an old Windows XP hard drive. I think I last played them maybe 4 years ago.

As I hadn't played the Red Odyssey back in 98, I figured I'd get the redux version on Steam. Been having a lot of fun with it lately (in the !FUN! sense).

And back on topic: great :p

NPC SRV coming with 4.0?

My same though. The team moved from pre-production to full-production one year ago. If they're looking for this now it could be either:
  • a small update before New Era (if they can find the guy and the workscope is not huge)
  • a content following New Era
Or ... they've had someone working on SRV AI for a while and they're finding it a lot harder than they imagined to get it working really well?

"I saw a peanut stand,
heard a rubber band
And seen a needle wink its eye
But I be done seen about everything
When I see an NPC flive"

Last edited:
Or ... they've had someone working on SRV AI for a while and they're finding it a lot harder to get it working really well than they imagined?

"I saw a peanut stand,
heard a rubber band
And seen a needle wink its eye
But I be done seen about everything
When I see an NPC flive"

Everything could be possible. At least this time we're speculating on an OFFICIAL LEAK! 🤣

No, because they are still looking for the developer.
As there is still over a year to go until release, I can't see why it couldn't be for 4.0 or whatever the next era will be called.

And I agree: SOLO should be perfectly playable offline.
Solo effects the BGS so can't be offline. There are many people that play in solo effecting the BGS, which is what it's designed for.

See Frontier? See how even a teensy bit of info goes a long way in encouraging positive discussion about what you are working on rather than negative discussion about what you're not working on! ;)

Don't get your hopes up - someone will be along to worry that they won't be able to have all 8 of their SRVs head off autonomously, and that the game is therefore ded. Probably. ;)

Top Bottom