Obsidian shenannigans (The Outer Worlds)

Looks promising.

Makes sense thematically to start the game at a cryo-chamber, or should that invite comparisons with other games too?

"However it is unsafe to view this advertisement while under the influence of Adrenatime" - I guess there will be some kind of bullet time system or even something more complex like VATS.

The Steam Page has some additional tidbits, but not too much yet. And a thread on the steam forums alludes to an infodump from PC Gamer tomorrow.

Looks very stylish. Unfortunately, and from my experience, the more stylish something is advertised the lesser the content that will follow. But prove me wrong and call me in for the first surprising exception.

Well, it can't be worse than Fallout 76. It can't take as long or be as expensive as Star Citizen...
Let's just wait a few months and see what it IS like before we judge, eh?

i just caught the trailer for this. my interest is very piqued. i didn't see anything about it being multiplayer only, i hope it's not...
it reminded me a little of Rage as well as Fallout

And if this wasn't enough to trump Fallout, along comes Far Cry New Dawn....
The king is dead...?
i'm part way through a Game+ playthrough of FC5 right now, and i hope New Dawn gives us a feelgood ending that is missing from FC5. kicking a grenade down Seed's throat would be a nice start. (and i hope they do away with that rotten insta-capture mechanic from the 'being hunted' parts of the game, which sucks utterly)

Last edited:
The flaws idea sounds interesting. There are a few RPG's out there that let you take negative traits at character generation so that you can buy positive ones instead. I hope that mechanic is fleshed out fully and ends up more than a simple gimmick.

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
The more I learn about this game the more I'm liking it. Sounds like it might be really good! The aesthetic is pretty neat and I really appreciate Obisidan's penchant for creating a lot of consequence for player actions in their RPGs.

The logo is awesome too. :D

Top Bottom