Odd Stars On Galaxy Map (Unreachable)

When I first started playing elite I was fascinated by the neutron stars and how you could use them to jump a much further distance then you would normally be able to. I have an interest in space/science stuff and knew the elite dangerous map was created to be as accurate as possible to real world objects we see in the sky. So I decided an easy way to search for any neutron star I could find in the Galaxy map using a well known designation for neutrons and pulsars (PSR). The strange thing is as I was going through the list of objects with PSR in their tag I noticed some of them appeared to be outside of the areas in which you could move the map curser. There seems to be clusters of neutron stars at a few different spots above and below the Z axis (height). I checked around and there doesn't seem to be any stars even remotely close to that far above or below. Why are those stars there? Are they accessable? I checked Youtube to see if anyone has ever made a video about these things but I can't seem to find any information. Got any clues or ideas? You can check it out too, just go into your Galaxy map and type "PSR" in the search box for pulsar and cycle the search untill the map trys to focus on the star but can't because the curser gets forced back into the map boundaries.

Jex =TE=

Banned
When I first started playing elite I was fascinated by the neutron stars and how you could use them to jump a much further distance then you would normally be able to. I have an interest in space/science stuff and knew the elite dangerous map was created to be as accurate as possible to real world objects we see in the sky. So I decided an easy way to search for any neutron star I could find in the Galaxy map using a well known designation for neutrons and pulsars (PSR). The strange thing is as I was going through the list of objects with PSR in their tag I noticed some of them appeared to be outside of the areas in which you could move the map curser. There seems to be clusters of neutron stars at a few different spots above and below the Z axis (height). I checked around and there doesn't seem to be any stars even remotely close to that far above or below. Why are those stars there? Are they accessable? I checked Youtube to see if anyone has ever made a video about these things but I can't seem to find any information. Got any clues or ideas? You can check it out too, just go into your Galaxy map and type "PSR" in the search box for pulsar and cycle the search untill the map trys to focus on the star but can't because the curser gets forced back into the map boundaries.

I would imagine it's a failure of the PG code - you can't check 400billion RNG generated points.

I would imagine it's a failure of the PG code - you can't check 400billion RNG generated points.

'Real' stars were placed according to published star catalogues - no RNG required - but in some cases (I'm looking at you, Beta Phoenecis) the positioning was messed up.

Since there are tens of thousands of them, I'm assuming that there was some kind of automated translation of coordinates, and that sometimes it didn't work correctly.

There are several systems far outside the glactic plane that we'll never be able to reach by normal means - but FD sent people there on rare occasions during betas to get some spectacular views.

@CMDR Halosos
juAHIgd.jpg

@CMDRs Mars Yurip and Lyxavier
[video=youtube_share;eHB7mRsVsr8]https://youtu.be/eHB7mRsVsr8[/video]

Last edited:
There are several systems far outside the glactic plane that we'll never be able to reach by normal means - but FD sent people there on rare occasions during betas to get some spectacular views.

@CMDR Halosos
http://i.imgur.com/juAHIgd.jpg

@CMDRs Mars Yurip and Lyxavier
https://youtu.be/eHB7mRsVsr8

But are those the points I'm talking about, or is that just pics from m67? Because these points are much higher then m67. M67 is well within the area you can move the curser around in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom