Odyssey is a great achievement and I could not be more thankful for what Frontier delivered

If you look at the back wall, left side, near the NPC's feet, you can see some people have sunk into the floor, as well.

I mean Im a cyberpunk player, and I already beat it once BEFORE the big 30GB patch without too many problems, so I really dont care much about NPCs and various models clipping into things, floating, etc. When I see these things it usually makes me laugh and makes things more interesting for a sec, lol, as long as my mission isnt broken by it.

Last night I had 2 missions break because of mission items clipping into the floor, but re-logging fixed that in one case. In the other case, nothing I do will stop my mission objective (skimmer parts) from falling through the planet's surface forever.

024FC8C9E43C2550EE1344BED28A4E6CB304E0F6

Everybody, every chair, and every table floats at the bar today

80823.jpg

😒the gif was much better but too big

You all realize that Frontier is not you enemy and they don’t want to scam you right? I find it appalling how so many are using abusive language against the people that are building this great game for all of us. And I am not saying that because I’m employed by Frontier but because I try to put myself into the perspective of the people working there. It’s not that hard.

They're not your friend either. They're a business - and a cold, calculating one at that. They LIED. And Odyssey is not the first time this has happened. Their job is to extract money from you - which is fine if the product they are selling is good & they've been entirely upfront about everything before purchase - but it isn't, and they weren't.

I feel sorry for those employed by Frontier. That's the perspective I have when I put myself in their shoes. Those on the 'shop floor' don't deserve this - either from their bosses nor from the general public. But that's how it is. You can't defend one whilst attacking the other. 🤷‍♀️

My whole point is, let’s give them the benefit of the doubt. I wholeheartedly believe that Frontier is not in it for scaming their customers but they genuinely love what they are building for all of us.

If this was the first time, I would and I have. But it isn't, and so I won't. I'll call them out as dishonest, and anti-consumer, and it's not OK.

What Frontier pulled off here is a dream come true to me. Sure there are tons of bugs in this rushed release but the fundamentals are all here and I could not be more excited for the future of this great game.

Thank you so much all people working at Frontier and David Braben for delivering us this incredible game. You guys are the best, I mean it.
Let me think about this. Hmmm... 🤔

'What Frontier pulled off here is a dream come true to me. Sure there are tons of bugs in this rushed release but the fundamentals are all here and I could not be more excited for the future of this great game.

'Thank you so much all people working at Frontier and David Braben for delivering us this incredible game. You guys are the best, I mean it.'

Hmmm.... Frontier pulled off. Dream come true. Tons of bugs rushed release. Fundamentals all here. I could not more excited. Future of great game. Thank you people incredible. You best. Mean it. Hmmm...

Frontier dream bugs fundamentals excited future thank you best mean.

Frontier mean.

Frean. Hmmm...

Or something. Hmmm... I wonder....

* 💡 *

May I ask you a question please? Have you actually tried to play Odyssey yourself yet?

Last edited:
What Frontier pulled off here is a dream come true to me. Sure there are tons of bugs in this rushed release but the fundamentals are all here and I could not be more excited for the future of this great game.

Thank you so much all people working at Frontier and David Braben for delivering us this incredible game. You guys are the best, I mean it.
I agree it amazing... BUT. :ROFLMAO: .. now they must get rid of all the bugs.

Sorry people, I don’t wanted to be rude to anyone. I already had a drink when I wrote my original post so it was probably a bit over the top, I realized now. But I wrote it as a reaction to the prevailing negativity that is sometimes so present in this community.

You all realize that Frontier is not you enemy and they don’t want to scam you right? I find it appalling how so many are using abusive language against the people that are building this great game for all of us. And I am not saying that because I’m employed by Frontier but because I try to put myself into the perspective of the people working there. It’s not that hard.

I see how some people might find it difficult that I was praising Braben as well, after all someone gave the go to this messy, messy release. I don’t know what the management decision was there regarding the release but please keep in mind that the game industry, like most creative industries, is a difficult place to operate in and we don’t know about the constraints they where exposed to.

My whole point is, let’s give them the benefit of the doubt. I wholeheartedly believe that Frontier is not in it for scaming their customers but they genuinely love what they are building for all of us.

Take care.
dEVS3.jpg

It's crazy how willing this fanbase is to just take this from Frontier.

"Sure we paid full price for a game that was advertised as a finished product, and that's okay cuz in a year from now, it'll actually work!"

You people are nuts. Frontier fans truly are a cult

Last edited by a moderator:
It's crazy how willing this fanbase is to just take this from Frontier.

"Sure we paid full price for a game that was advertised as a finished product, and that's okay cuz in a year from now, it'll actually work!"

You people are nuts. Frontier fans truly are a cult
Remember when that poster was outed as an actual fdev employee and already has no credibility to anyone

Top Bottom