ANNOUNCEMENT Odyssey Update 2021

To me it seems PC players are much more discriminated than console players, we are even used as free workforce to hunt bugs, and then to find first still existing bugs and other bad stuff after launch!
That would be true if Windows players were forced to play the alpha, but as we can carry on with the live game same as the console players .....

I would not wanna hurt you much but I already tried it through Microsoft Store with Xbox Game Pass, and oh well... I discontinued whole monthly Game Pass.

Yeah if you like travelling on autopilot mostly above cities that don´t look much like they do in real life, or try to fly yourself and eventually crash...

And they say ED has no content... LOL

Then you clearly have no idea what you're doing regarding flying. A lot of the cities look great and recognisable. Maybe on console they look rubbish, not on pc i can assure you. Same for ED now i come to think about it

Then you clearly have no idea what you're doing regarding flying. A lot of the cities look great and recognisable. Maybe on console they look rubbish, not on pc i can assure you. Same for ED now i come to think about it

I did play it on PC, through Microsoft Store Xbox Game Pass.

Yeah it were included as a standard edition on montly fee.
And yea I did not go to flight school, like my brother.

But yeah hope you enjoy pointless flying few more hours than I did.

I would not wanna hurt you much but I already tried it through Microsoft Store with Xbox Game Pass, and oh well... I discontinued whole monthly Game Pass.

Yeah if you like travelling on autopilot mostly above cities that don´t look much like they do in real life, or try to fly yourself and eventually crash...

I did exactly the same.

I agree here, it’s not the system is going to conquered by PC players in a few months. Nearly 10 years(ish) of game player from 3 different systems and only like .5% have been explored

:unsure: If you exploring and finding things, like systems with habitable planets doesn't expand the bubble, or peak factions interest in certain planets for resources, you know, something tangible, then is it truly "conquering"? People are really getting up in arms over nothing in hindsight of the game as a whole. 🤷‍♂️..I don't really care if you are the first..cool..now what? What next? That's what I'd like to know from Frontier.

I did play it on PC, through Microsoft Store Xbox Game Pass.

Yeah it were included as a standard edition on montly fee.
And yea I did not go to flight school, like my brother.

But yeah hope you enjoy pointless flying few more hours than I did.

I will thanks. Least it will mean more than your pointless remarks about something you clearly know nothing about

It can´t be explained clearer than this I think (and this is from 7 years of experience as an alpha backer from previous updates):

PC players get all the bugs, crashes and similar bad stuff at alpha to play whack-a-mole --> FD fixes most and worst of them --> game launched for PC --> FD starts porting game to the consoles --> more bugs detected after PC launch --> FD starts to fix them for PC and prevent them making it to the console version (where bug and crash fixing later after launch might be much harder thing)..

For me, again through learnings of previous major updates, all console owners will miss is pretty much alpha-phase of the Odyssey (both before and after launch, that much bugfest some updates have been long after launch), available to grind in that time billions at passenger missions while I work and swear my head off to squash bugs just to yell at the screen in the end...

To me it seems PC players are much more discriminated than console players, we are even used as free workforce to hunt bugs, and then to find first still existing bugs and other bad stuff after launch!
If your a pc player what do you know about the troubles and bugs for the other platform players 🤣✌️ The game was in preview (beta ) and test phases for horizons so get your facts straight please 👍

Flightsims might not be your cup of tea then?
I've been playing MS Flightsims for years already, made some custom paints for it too so I think I'll be stepping into it a bit differently then you have?
Airplanes in general have been the inspiration of one of my hobbies since decades, been spotting military airplanes for I don't know how long, have flown with a KC10 refueler above the North Sea as one of the highlights.

If you crash all the time then maybe you're just not that good at it (yet)?

I hope the AI will be good, and not like Cyberpunk AI because that was horrible!

Frontier is a seasoned veteran compared to CDPR. CDPR is really like a fly on a wall compared to Frontier, whose so called "reputation", we are now seeing, as I expected, and I told people years ago, was a total media creation based entirely around Witcher 3, ONE game, that's it. Frontier has way more than one game under their resume, so the two ain't even comparable. Even before Cyberpunk 2077, I would have FAR less confidence in CDPR getting Odyssey done than Frontier.

Frontier is a seasoned veteran compared to CDPR. CDPR is really like a fly on a wall compared to Frontier, whose so called "reputation", we are now seeing, as I expected, and I told people years ago, was a total media creation based entirely around Witcher 3, ONE game, that's it. Frontier has way more than one game under their resume, so the two ain't even comparable. Even before Cyberpunk 2077, I would have FAR less confidence in CDPR getting Odyssey done than Frontier.

CDPR has been around just as long as Frontier and there were more than Witcher 3 which is a masterpiece. The other Witcher games were very much loved.

:unsure: If you exploring and finding things, like systems with habitable planets doesn't expand the bubble, or peak factions interest in certain planets for resources, you know, something tangible, then is it truly "conquering"? People are really getting up in arms over nothing in hindsight of the game as a whole. 🤷‍♂️..I don't really care if you are the first..cool..now what? What next? That's what I'd like to know from Frontier.

There's quite a bit to do it seems, you just need to look for it.

I understand that, I meant that I thought it would be easier to develop for consoles.

I imagine that it would be quite a challenge developing software to run well on systems with a ton of different hardware variables.

unless the game you are aiming for it is too complex to run on that console and you have to find some creative way to make it happen.

I am a very disappointed Xbox Series X user... I am with Elite since 2015 (not counting my ~1985 endeavor with it). Bought the Series X mainly to be prepared for Odyssey.... so the wait goes on......

You have a bit better chance at the game running at a half decent rate with a XBoneX, but its not saying much. Its just the base console with the processors overclocked and some extra memory. I recall there being a "performance" setting for the graphics that uncaps the fps to 60 on an Xbox One X, so it along with the PS4 Pro might have a better chance at getting the game to run. The base consoles however, well...what do I say when the most it can get as is is 30 fps? 🤷‍♂️

Here I am sitting reading a post ... I cannot understand why you are comparing a space simulator with an RPG on the planet. These are generally different games, even if we compare technically E.D. in the deep past already. No, I all like playing past stupid nerfs. It's beautiful here, even the fer de lance is not so scary if any other ship is normally dressed ... in fact, the fer de lance is just a fashionable ship ... nothing more, just because a person who flew 1000 hours on it and learned how to control it said it was mega imba ... no. But outwardly E.D. does not pass for many factors already. Comparing game development is also not correct, the conditions are initially different. I did not compare, but cited as an example, how not to do it - for example, you do not need to kill yourself in the development of the console version in parallel with the PC version.

Top Bottom