Old player whining

still better than "do nothing", and its only suggestion make in seconds, they can make it better for sure, they are paid for making game.
I'm not entirely convinced it'd be better than just watching the animation that you barely watch anyway but that at least has some sort of lore explanation. Not that I'm opposed of them having an optional minesweeper to pop up for those who desire it. I doubt many explorers would bother really playing it. Having a Spotify interface built-in to the game, now that would be something different but probably too complicated licensewise.

There used to be something to do once the game had become tiresome. You could take your ADS and have unlimited self generated content. I can only assume they want the game to be dry, boring and half dead.

Maybe I should compare FDev to the smaller Hello Games, which also is doing a much better job at storytelling and delivering new content. Don't worry, the defenders will have a defense against this argument as well.
Sorry but Elite hasn't story. That few lines of text is game description. There is nothing to compare.

Last edited:
Maybe I should compare FDev to the smaller Hello Games, which also is doing a much better job at storytelling and delivering new content. Don't worry, the defenders will have a defense against this argument as well.

There is no defense against this. Hello Games has 1/8th the team size which Frontier has dedicated to Elite. You need only compare the list of updates and changes between Elite Dangerous and No Mans Sky over the past few years to come to a very obvious and one sided conclusion: a 15 man team is running decimating circles around the 100 man team from a content and development point of view. It's not even close.

Yes they are two very different games but that's not the point. The point is game development. One team is communicative and extremely productive, the other is veiled in secrecy and appears to be getting not much of anything done. The secret New Era might very well have been hogging most of Frontier's resources for the past two years but we have no indication that anything at all is actually being done. Everything is behind closed doors so to us it appears as if Elite is languishing in maintenance mode. That might not be true, but it feels like it is, for a very long time now.

Faith can only reach so far before people begin to lose it.

Maybe I should compare FDev to the smaller Hello Games, which also is doing a much better job at storytelling and delivering new content.
Storywise Hello Games has it easier though, as they don't have to latch their storyline to an existing "world", rather than procedurally generating almost single-player "bubbles". But I agree that compared to them, E:D development is static and most importantly opaque.

Storywise Hello Games has it easier though, as they don't have to latch their storyline to an existing "world", rather than procedurally generating almost single-player "bubbles". But I agree that compared to them, E:D development is static and most importantly opaque.
Thargoids aren't exactly part of the existing world.

its not mine job to working on this game, but sure i answer your question. It come to mine brain in seconds. I didn't think more about it, so dont laught.

For example they can build minigame where you must avoid obsitcles (stars, planets) where you travel. And how good you are that much fuel it would cost. Like best evasion less fuel, dont care about minigame= more fuel. Similar hyperspace animation but with some sort of framed planets/stars which you can avoid with mouse.

No.

Just. NO.

WTH? Who want's this?

Thargoids aren't exactly part of the existing world.
I mean in Elite when you add something like story content, it needs to be physically located somewhere in the Milky way, whereas in NMS since nothing is particularly anywhere as such, new stuff will just start generating the moment you add it to the game. Add a missing generation ship to Elite, it'll be in a specific system. Add a missing generation ship to NMS and they'll pop all around where players explore their worlds.

(Unless I'm mistaken about NMS, I have maybe 100h in the game).

I mean in Elite when you add something like story content, it needs to be physically located somewhere in the Milky way, whereas in NMS since nothing is particularly anywhere as such, new stuff will just start generating the moment you add it to the game. Add a missing generation ship to Elite, it'll be in a specific system. Add a missing generation ship to NMS and they'll pop all around where players explore their worlds.

(Unless I'm mistaken about NMS, I have maybe 100h in the game).
But the galaxy is so big, you simply can chuck your fictional content in there. Or invent a stargate to Andromeda. Often fiction runs well with a well-known background. I do believe however that the big galaxy is hampering the story in ED when stuff just is a needle in the humoungous haystack.

Sorry but Elite hasn't story. That few lines of text is game description. There is nothing to compare.
Oh but it does. Or did. There was a deep mystery, a few lines here and there, and people searching around places for things. But it was difficult to figure out what this game is, and it didn't sell enough, dev teams change and they didn't know either. Videogames are a bit difficult and strange products from marketing perspective. Theoretically it's possible to gain again a thriving hardcore segment that builds community around the game, but that would require game, no market philosophy.

No.

Just. NO.

WTH? Who want's this?
wait the second. There is already similar "mini games" and its called gameplay in core of this game. And you refuse to use loading screen to make it less boring? What kind of masochist you are? Who want this? For example i can take whatever make this game ehm "game?".

Yes, the game is lacking on story. Even the small tidbits you get through passenger missions and beacons are just crumbs. Wish there were a few more multi-step missions, not always run-fetch, run-shoot but missions with interesting outcomes. Recover a life-pod and that spawns a mission to locate the crash-site and recover data, leads to a mission to steal-back the cargo.

Top Bottom