On-Foot Component Farming - my favorite methods

All materials are rare when you need them.
Specifically, when i need Weapon Test Data i get missions for everything else but not for them.
But i do get missions for Weapon Test Data when i need Spectral Analysis Data... and so on.
Very handy to have an alt and carrier.
Each account seems far more able to acquire the mats the other needs.

Just wanted to pop in and thank you for making this thread. I'll definitely be using this. I'm so close to having all the materials i need for G4 suits and modifications I'm interested in for each.

So, not buying from carriers?

My children will go hungry tonight.

Steve
I tried buying from carriers, but even if I find one that sells something rare that I need, I usually end up landing on the Carrier to find the particular material already gone. Got ed off and decided to find some myself ;)

I only put stuff up for sale when I have arranged a buyer usually. Helps pay the wages of my carrier crew.

What are you after?

Steve
I'm not after anything right now - I described my experience from half a year ago, when this thread was first posted. By now I've upgraded everything I needed :) maybe sb else will take you up on your offer tho :)

.... wat. For 2.2 mill a piece? Waste of time. You'd have to farm 50 per hour to even get anywhere near what any other money making method gets you per hour.
I think you may be approaching this from the wrong angle...
The mats are a by-product of doing missions etc, so are 'profit' enough, not a sole source of income...

I think you may be approaching this from the wrong angle...
The mats are a by-product of doing missions etc, so are 'profit' enough, not a sole source of income...
I get it, but even so I find it a waste of time. Instead of opening every box and camping under every terminal and then rummaging through the bartender menu on my carrier, I'd rather just do something else. I cba to do the math but I'm pretty sure that in the time it takes you to do 100 missions picking up everything from every terminal and container and locker and then going through the bartender menu to sell it, I would be able to do the same 100 missions AND spend half of the time I saved by not scavenging the settlements on a dedicated money-making activity, and in the end I will come up ahead, both on the time spent and on money earned. The prices on on-foot mats are just that bad. Not to mention that I find rummaging through boxes tedious and annoying in the long run and I really would rather just do the mission and then go do something else :)

That is not to say that I discourage anyone from playing how they want. I get it that there's the OCD factor where it just feels good 🤤 to pick stuff up and walk out of the settlement with a phat bag of l00t like Indiana Jones. Fine, you do you. But in terms of the money you can get out of selling mats vs time you spend on just picking them up, it's still a waste of time. The prices you can get are just that bad, compared to literally anything else that makes money in this game.

Top Bottom