Once again 1 step forward and 5 steps back with FDev game play

I had a T-9, cost me about C11 first time out. Moved to a stripped out T-10 with max defenses, works better - huge cargo - but I think back it was definitely Me not knowing a T-9 would handle like a fridge!

So I returned after a long hiatus to do some flying around and maybe make some credits doing deliveries. I bought a type 9, loaded it out, and then stacked some delivery missions. Had 3 out of 4 done, had made 3 million so far, and was on my last delivery when I was interdicted by a Chieftain NPC. The reticle went completely off screen, I had no chance in the type 9 to avoid the interdiction. Then I made the mistake of not throttling down and the ship went into attack mode. Not that I wanted to lose the cargo and mess up my reputation on the mission. But no chance to get away, so it was $11,000,000 to rebuy. And there it is +3 -11= - 8 millon for todays fun. What a game. So enjoyable. The only safe way to deliver is in a ship that can fight like the anaconda which holds about half the type 9. So big crates are USELESS unless you are in a wing with protection. As I've stated before, all the ways to make bank have been plugged and all the ways to loose big are very active. Nothing's changed in 6 months.View attachment 132021
Fly without a rebuy, then complain......well that will teach you or them depending on the point of view.

Hell, there is barely any risk and rewards are already rammed down your throat. This topic is just can example that no matter how easy and dumbed-down the game gets, there will always be people who still complain it is too hard.

I remember at least one guy who bug reported when he found out he could no longer simply steamroll over high level Annie's in his type 6 when 2.0 came through...

That thread was hilarious.

T9 rework would be nice. It's pretty useless now, except for mass emergency shuttle in burning stations. It used to be good pre multi mission patch and the Christmas miracle patch that got rid of famine and most outbreak systems.

So I returned after a long hiatus to do some flying around and maybe make some credits doing deliveries. I bought a type 9, loaded it out, and then stacked some delivery missions. Had 3 out of 4 done, had made 3 million so far, and was on my last delivery when I was interdicted by a Chieftain NPC. The reticle went completely off screen, I had no chance in the type 9 to avoid the interdiction. Then I made the mistake of not throttling down and the ship went into attack mode. Not that I wanted to lose the cargo and mess up my reputation on the mission. But no chance to get away, so it was $11,000,000 to rebuy. And there it is +3 -11= - 8 millon for todays fun. What a game. So enjoyable. The only safe way to deliver is in a ship that can fight like the anaconda which holds about half the type 9. So big crates are USELESS unless you are in a wing with protection. As I've stated before, all the ways to make bank have been plugged and all the ways to loose big are very active. Nothing's changed in 6 months.View attachment 132021

Deep core mining is very easy, almost no risk if you are in an armed python, and pays way better. Great way to make credits so as not to have to worry about rebuy. There are lots of videos on how to do it. Even my 6 yr old can do it. Give it a shot, once you get good at spotting asteroids with cores you can really crank out the credits, 50-100 mil per hour or more. And it is actually fun because of the hunt and shoot gameplay vs regular boring laser mining

If you are poor you can start in an Asp but then you have to run from pirates. I prefer to clear them out once I drop in and then I know I won’t be bothered, hence the python for deep core mining.

I made a billion credits with deep core over a few weeks

Oh yea, the massive 'bring back the kebab NPCs!" outrage. :p

It honestly was more fun back then... i loved the asp explorer being a hardcore combat ship.

Personally ive since adapted, but the fact they left hardpoints on the majority of ships creating an expectation they'll still work post ai change also creates bad expectations for everyone before they've thought twice about it. Why let people try if you're never going to win?

It honestly was more fun back then... i loved the asp explorer being a hardcore combat ship.

Personally ive since adapted, but the fact they left hardpoints on the majority of ships creating an expectation they'll still work post ai change also creates bad expectations for everyone before they've thought twice about it. Why let people try if you're never going to win?

Different strokes. I find the opponent doing literally nothing not 'fun', but thst is just a preference.

OP,

ensure your cargo is empty, then fill it with 1T of e.g. bio waste - go for a fly. Practice interdictions, and when you get dropped, drop the cargo and try again.

HTH

The type 9 Can win the mini game but you have to have some practice and know how the ship fly's once you know your ship you can escape interdiction almost 100% of the time in any ship

Whut? Its a text based forum. Occasionally there are pictures.
I think your reality is slightly askew.
You have no idea what I sound like.
Unless you are... ... Watching me.
hurries off and puts some clothes on
Okay, the tone of what you are saying when writing. A bit aggressive. I just like to keep conversations civil. Like if we were talking face to face.

Hell, there is barely any risk and rewards are already rammed down your throat. This topic is just can example that no matter how easy and dumbed-down the game gets, there will always be people who still complain it is too hard.
Not sure about barely any risk, I did the mission stacking thing a couple of weeks ago and a couple of npc's tore me a new one! I was in a heavily armed and shielded anaconda, got interdicted, dropped outta supercruise to give them a piece of my mind, then noticed my shields were going down a lot faster than theirs were during the ensuing pew pew! I don't have Horizons yet so I ain't got no engineering, obviously those npc's did . Long story short, I'm looking at 2 rebuys in a row, not good when it's an anaconda, sorta expensive. Learned my lesson tho, gave up on running missions and took up mining instead. Loads more dosh with no real risk. Will go back to missions when I have enough money to A rate everything then buy Horizons and get my annie engineered. Then I'll show those no good s!.

OP you're right. Game play is still terrible. But posting truth like this here - and expecting any rational replies - is hopeless. You'll only be blamed as the problem by the vicious fanbase that remains active in these forums. Best to accept that the game "is what it is" and you either like it as it is or you don't.

Not sure about barely any risk, I did the mission stacking thing a couple of weeks ago and a couple of npc's tore me a new one! I was in a heavily armed and shielded anaconda, got interdicted, dropped outta supercruise to give them a piece of my mind, then noticed my shields were going down a lot faster than theirs were during the ensuing pew pew! I don't have Horizons yet so I ain't got no engineering, obviously those npc's did . Long story short, I'm looking at 2 rebuys in a row, not good when it's an anaconda, sorta expensive. Learned my lesson tho, gave up on running missions and took up mining instead. Loads more dosh with no real risk. Will go back to missions when I have enough money to A rate everything then buy Horizons and get my annie engineered. Then I'll show those no good *******s!.

Stacking trade missions the other day in my Cutter I was interdicted about 7 times right in a row in one system (I had a full stack of 20 missions) and while I was battling the last few I was wondering about whether people who don't have Horizons still end up facing engineered enemies. Now I know!
That kinda sucks......it has to make CZ's pretty much impossible, or at the very least down-right frustrating.

Stacking trade missions the other day in my Cutter I was interdicted about 7 times right in a row in one system (I had a full stack of 20 missions) and while I was battling the last few I was wondering about whether people who don't have Horizons still end up facing engineered enemies. Now I know!
That kinda sucks......it has to make CZ's pretty much impossible, or at the very least down-right frustrating.
I don't go to CZ's, still not A rated or engineered so it would be suicide. Expensive too!

That's why you don't stack cargo mission with a T9 anymore. Multicrew mission was an indirect nerf. No famine no outbreak in the BGS as well, because bulk aid supply is not needed so much.

Top Bottom