Once again 1 step forward and 5 steps back with FDev game play

As I've stated before, all the ways to make bank have been plugged and all the ways to loose big are very active.

Awhatnow?

Literally, 10 minutes of mining can easily cover that rebuy.

• Build this: https://s.orbis.zone/35z7
  • Watch a Youtube video on mining.
  • Go mining for an hour.
  • never worry about credits again.
Gotta say, though, I'm not keen on the way there's no indication of which way to steer once the escape-reticle disappears off the screen during an interdiction.

Last edited:
not sure I know what you mean. I've heard you-tubers say low wake, high wake. I was mass locked so I could not jump. And the first few shot took out the engines.

No offence, but if your knowledge of ship building and survival in ED does not include knowing the difference between low and high waking, you really can't put your failure to survive in a T-9 on FDev. I'd suggest you pack in the T-9 until you know how to properly survive an interdiction.

I'm not sure I know what you mean. I've heard you-tubers say low wake, high wake. I was mass locked so I could not jump. And the first few shot took out the engines.
[/QUOTE]

the bible...

Source: https://youtu.be/Uh9AWV_BWo0
[/QUOTE]
Ha Ha. Good video pretty funny. I had Military Armor, and Byweave, shields....all the good stuff.
No offence, but if your knowledge of ship building and survival in ED does not include knowing the difference between low and high waking, you really can't put your failure to survive in a T-9 on FDev. I'd suggest you pack in the T-9 until you know how to properly survive an interdiction.
eye roll. I survive all kinds of interdictions. Even let myself get interdicted to get the fight on. But thanks for the link. It did remind me of a couple of things.

Last edited:
Different ships have different flight characteristics, the T-9 is a true tub but you can and will win the interdiction if you stay calm and have learned how to fly it. Accept that you’ll pretty much always lose sight of the reticule in a T9 and follow the ‘weird stardust’ effect trail to find it again. A lot of interdictions start off with the npc winning initially and then a second phase seems to kick in where it’s almost impossible to lose it....so long as you don’t do anything silly.

11m credits is nothing in the game anymore, take your T9 mining away from a hotspot, let the npc scan you when you drop in and when it leaves start mining. So long as you don’t change instance before you’re done you’ll be left alone to fill your hold and make way, way more than the 11m you lost.

Still don't agree with you that it's a game design flaw. Not every ship should be ideal for everything nor should everything be risk-free. If anything I'd argue it's too easy in alot of other ships to evade the interdictions by NPC's. I personally like a little more challenge when playing games.
Honestly I think my beef is this. The only good ships for gameplay are multipurpose. The dedicated purpose ships are fodder.

I was doing delivery missions in my Anaconda but I thought, I would give it a try in a type 9 with double the hold space. My overarching point is a type 9 is for deliveries, but you can't use it for that in solo. So you have to use a fighting ship with cargo holds.
Actually, you can use the T9 for point to point bulk trading and single trade missions in solo, just fine. I use it precisely for that. You should, however, know what you are doing. Some suggestions that might help a bit:
  • As soon as you arrive at the delivery system, predefine another one, in your navigation panel, for emergency High-Wake.
  • Minimize the chance of interdictions by:
    • Using parabolic trajectories from star to station;
    • Avoiding the shipping lanes;
    • Using large mass bodies for braking, while at max throttle, to invert direction, forcing your hunter to overshoot.
  • If interdicted, immediately submit, to avoid the large FSD cooldown. As soon as you drop, boost, max pips to shields and emergency High Wake.
Of course, engineering the T9, as I have done to mine, will make the endeavour less stressful.

However, the several previous suggestions to refresh your piloting skills in a smaller/less costly ship, after such a long hiatus, are also very pertinent... ;)

A Chieftain has a mass lock factor of 13. A Type-9 of 16. Of my understanding you cannot be mass locked. And do something about your paper thin shields.
OP tried to fight the interdiction first and got themselves snared on an FSD cooldown...

@OP
The git gud guide may be comical, but it contains all the important pointers you need to survive when trading in PVE and Open play.

Now get out there, buy a trader, tank it up....etc....

Honestly I think my beef is this. The only good ships for gameplay are multipurpose. The dedicated purpose ships are fodder.

Not sure about that.

My only real gripe with the T9, in particular, is that it should probably be capable of carrying a lot more cargo - enough to make it worth considering despite it's shortcomings.

The way it performs in combat is exactly what you'd expect from a big ol' cargo ship.
If you're not happy with that, fly something else instead.

So I returned after a long hiatus to do some flying around and maybe make some credits doing deliveries. I bought a type 9, loaded it out, and then stacked some delivery missions. Had 3 out of 4 done, had made 3 million so far, and was on my last delivery when I was interdicted by a Chieftain NPC. The reticle went completely off screen, I had no chance in the type 9 to avoid the interdiction. Then I made the mistake of not throttling down and the ship went into attack mode. Not that I wanted to lose the cargo and mess up my reputation on the mission. But no chance to get away, so it was $11,000,000 to rebuy. And there it is +3 -11= - 8 millon for todays fun. What a game. So enjoyable. The only safe way to deliver is in a ship that can fight like the anaconda which holds about half the type 9. So big crates are USELESS unless you are in a wing with protection. As I've stated before, all the ways to make bank have been plugged and all the ways to loose big are very active. Nothing's changed in 6 months.View attachment 132021
So. Lots of ill-intended comments made for the purpose of trolling and self-valourization. Ignore them.

You are right, Frontier has done a poor job regarding interdiction and ship balance, especially since they nerfed mines. The ability to hire NPCs would be a step towards solving this, but for some reason Frontier is averse to this.

This said, the imbalance is an older mechanic and Fronteir seems like it might be turning over a new leaf. The current meta is void opal mining and mining in general. It is fun, lucrative, and you might consider giving it a shot.

Good speed!

So. Lots of ill-intended comments made for the purpose of trolling and self-valourization. Ignore them.

No, some of us are just sick of seeing posts like this:

Long hiatus. Pilot jumps in a ship they can't handle. Gets destroyed because they're terrible at the game. Blames FDEV.

Then you try to help and the pilot in question just buckles down on their ignorance and foolishness.

Makes a guy want to go back to ganking, to be honest.

ah ha. Now I recall this trick. I used it to avoid a PVP'r once. Yea, just have to have that other system programmed in for jump. For every 20 replies, there is usually one that isn't stating the obvious. Thanks !

Several people attempted to point out the distinction between low and high waking.
It's not really their fault if you don't understand the difference.

A smarter response might have been to ask for clarification.

I personally appreciate this thread. The tips to avoiding interdiction in a T9 will be quite helpful when mine is inevitably interdicted returning with a full hold after mining.

It hasn't happened yet, but I know it is inevitable and have been nervous about it. (My plan is to drop cargo for the buggers if I do get interdicted....but I've never done that before and would prefer not to).

Ha Ha. Good video pretty funny. I had Military Armor, and Byweave, shields....all the good stuff.

eye roll. I survive all kinds of interdictions. Even let myself get interdicted to get the fight on.
biweaves are absolutely the wrong kind of shields to fit on a trader that you don't intend to keep around in the area to fight lots of opponents one after the other. They might have a great recharge rate, but they only have the total strength of class D shields of the same size. Traders that are trying to survive long enough to jump away don't care about recharge rate as they have all the time in the world to recharge once they're out of combat, so for your case it's all about the raw MJ holding up long enough for you to jump out.

Shove some class A standard shields on there or prismatics if ya got 'em.

Top Bottom