Once again 1 step forward and 5 steps back with FDev game play

biweaves are absolutely the wrong kind of shields to fit on a trader that you don't intend to keep around in the area to fight lots of opponents one after the other. They might have a great recharge rate, but they only have the total strength of class D shields of the same size.

And, of course, it depends on what size shield you've decided to fit.

I mean, a C8/C7 shield is taking up a lot of cargo space on a cargo ship so maybe it'll be okay to just fit C6 or C5 shields instead, right? :unsure:

If you have a conda take it out and mine void opals or better yet if you have a vette use it. I mine whenever I need creds missions are only for mats or faction rep. I can mine 200tns in a hour or so and make roughly 330 million credits and my vettes g5 overcharged mcs tear apart any npc dumb enough to interdict me. I literally can't remember the last time I tried to fight a interdiction kicking their teeth in is so much more fun. Hell I even interdict any wanted ships that get in front of me on the way to the buyer lol.

And, of course, it depends on what size shield you've decided to fit.

I mean, a C8/C7 shield is taking up a lot of cargo space on a cargo ship so maybe it'll be okay to just fit C6 or C5 shields instead, right? :unsure:
I run C6 prismatics on mine, with four boosters they're more than adequate to keep me alive against NPCs.
I use the C5 slot for a fighter hangar, which shouldn't be underestimated against NPCs. Think of fighters as fancy chaff, just toss one out the hatch when you get interdicted and smack the boost button, as long as you don't engage the fighter will pull their attention long enough for you to be out of mass-lock.

2 class 8 racks and a class 7 come to 640 tons out of a possible 790. Every other slot on the T9 combined barely exceeds the space of a single C7 slot. Giving up on a shield in your C6 slot will get you at most an extra 10% cargo space. Does that seem worth it? On mine I've got cargo in the 4s as well, so that C6 slot is worth even less proportionally as cargo as it is for shielding.
You don't want your drives shot out? Nobody does. That's what module reinforcement packages are for. Slap one in the class 2 slot and you double the number of shots it'll take to blow your drives out. Do you really care that much about a measly 4 tons of space out of over 600?

Why did you jump straight into a Type 9 after a long hiatus? Grab a Hauler or Adder and relearn the game.

Because a certain somebody on this forum would have you know that you can NEVER lose an interdiction, not even a chain of them from NPC's nor be destroyed even by a sudden load of them dropping simultaneously on your Type-9. The Type-9 can destroy anything or wake out easily, despite being useless at low wakes due to even Pythons mass locking her. Yep, nothing could possibly have you see a rebuy when flying the Type-9. If you need beginners advice, which clearly we all do according to anybody who disagrees with all of what was written there, then do find the appropriate link to the page.

Oh wait, did I say this wasn't my opinion. Just some guy who came all high and mighty into one of my threads about the Type-9. And yes, I hold a grudge because I stopped liking him by the end of it. 😂😂😂

I run C6 prismatics on mine, with four boosters they're more than adequate to keep me alive against NPCs.
I use the C5 slot for a fighter hangar, which shouldn't be underestimated against NPCs. Think of fighters as fancy chaff, just toss one out the hatch when you get interdicted and smack the boost button, as long as you don't engage the fighter will pull their attention long enough for you to be out of mass-lock.

2 class 8 racks and a class 7 come to 640 tons out of a possible 790. Every other slot on the T9 combined barely exceeds the space of a single C7 slot. Giving up on a shield in your C6 slot will get you at most an extra 10% cargo space. Does that seem worth it? On mine I've got cargo in the 4s as well, so that C6 slot is worth even less proportionally as cargo as it is for shielding.
You don't want your drives shot out? Nobody does. That's what module reinforcement packages are for. Slap one in the class 2 slot and you double the number of shots it'll take to blow your drives out. Do you really care that much about a measly 4 tons of space out of over 600?

Perhaps, but C5 prismatics (G5), 2X 4D Guardian Shield Reinforcements, 1X 3D Guardian Shield Reinforcements, & 3X Shield Booaters (G5) is more than enough shield (969 67/53/60) with 704t... So many ways to build a decent T-9.

🤔 Hmmm, I once spent a good half an hour fighting off a Sidewinder pirate in my type-10 with nothing but fixed mining tools and a cargo hold full of void opals.

I didn't win, but I didn't lose either, I had to wake out because I wasn't getting anywhere trying to hit it.

I've never yet been destroyed in my type 10 while carrying cargo though. There are tricks you can use to increase your chances of survival in a non-combat ship, most of which are given throughout this thread, no doubt.

It's not Frontier's fault.

Deleted member 38366

D
In all fairness, the T9 in the current Meta is one of the most at-risk Ships in the entire Game.

Still, with enough practice
  • it can evade almost all Interdictions
  • it can Hi-Wake
  • within reasonable limitations, it can take on NPCs (heavy Engineering helps obviously)
Given the huge income curve that Mining currently yields... seriously not a big loss these days. It was in the past - but not anymore.
OP could be back in any Ship in virtually no time at all, just takes a few more practice runs to get firm with dealing with NPCs and evading them.

Perhaps, but C5 prismatics (G5), 2X 4D Guardian Shield Reinforcements, 1X 3D Guardian Shield Reinforcements, & 3X Shield Booaters (G5) is more than enough shield (969 67/53/60) with 704t... So many ways to build a decent T-9.
Oh, no doubt. I hadn't unlocked the GSRPs when I built mine.

🤔 Hmmm, I once spent a good half an hour fighting off a Sidewinder pirate in my type-10 with nothing but fixed mining tools and a cargo hold full of void opals.

I didn't win, but I didn't lose either, I had to wake out because I wasn't getting anywhere trying to hit it.

I've never yet been destroyed in my type 10 while carrying cargo though. There are tricks you can use to increase your chances of survival in a non-combat ship, most of which are given throughout this thread, no doubt.

It's not Frontier's fault.
Lol that would have been a funny fight to have seen. I have every ship in the game and have never bothered to even take my a rated type 9 out for a test drive. Took the type 10 out for a spin after engineering it and after 5min in a hazres I headed back to port and jumped back into my vette.

When I mine in the vette I only take a small abrasion blaster and a medium seismic charge launcher so my sustained dps only drops from 170 to 140 which is more than enough for any npc. I also change one of my class 7 scbs out for a cargo rack but it's not a issue either really.

Last edited:
2. Throttle down, high wake away...

I'm not sure I know what you mean. I've heard you-tubers say low wake, high wake. I was mass locked so I could not jump. And the first few shot took out the engines.
[/QUOTE]
This of course is an issue with most ships. The assailant (granted its a NPC) is well-equipped and targets your FSD. Which means you (and the rest of us) have to upgrade the ship with engineering. This of course also helps against pirate commanders :)

Unless the interdiction game has been tweaked in the last update or two, there's no reason to ever lose it, even in the T9.

In the big, slow whales, the trick is to lead the target, not follow it.
I.e, you should be turning in the same direction it is moving across your screen, even if it is on the 'wrong' side.
Otherwise, it'll zoom past the centre and off the other side of the screen.

If you see the message in the top left from a npc about to interdict you then slow down and drop to normal space really fast you can ambush them. Just sit still and after 10sec or so they will drop in right in front of your ship and you can tear them apart. Of course this advice is only for people looking to kill their interdictors not run from em.

Make sure they are not on your 6 as you slow down or they will grab onto you. I usually pitch 180 degrees or so as I slow down.

Last edited:
Oh OP, don't you know you can't play your way, and you also can't post on here without being judged by the elites. It's better to keep stumm!

Oh OP, don't you know you can't play your way, and you also can't post on here without being judged by the elites. It's better to keep stumm!
We are in awe and amazement the OP tried multi-stacked missions in a T-9 after a hiatus .... it takes b____s to do that, even after playing a while. We also had a chuckle that he blamed the game for his misfortune, but not with bad intent. The advice given in this thread shows that.

Getting owned by a NPC while flying a paper thin Type 9 is a way to play, I agree. But the OP seems to not enjoy that and so we are trying to help him.
I doubt laughing at him and mocking him is making him play or feel better though. Surely, he can protest what he likes, it's for FDev to judge if he has a point or not?

I'll admit I read and thought "Nope, wouldn't have even tried that!", but never once thought of sticking it too him. Guess i made the mistake of reading on and just should have stopped at the OP. You live and learn. Fly safe, be well.

I trade in a T9 in open using these recommendations from MassiveD (originally for defence against gankers)
Works for me

Anti Gankers trade tips
Source: https://youtu.be/_QCWTDpFChk

Shock Mine Launchers x2 underside - Ion Disruption special effect (Light weight mount)
2 x point defence

0A Shield Boosters - Resistance Augmented Shield boosters G5
A Military Grade - Heavy Duty G5
A Powerplant - Overcharged
A Thrusters - Dirty Drive G5
A Power Distributor - Charge Enhanced G5
A Shield Generator (1 lower than highest grade slot) Prismatics - Thermal Resistance G5
A Hull Reinforcement (lowest slot size) - Heavy Duty G5 (optional)

I doubt laughing at him and mocking him is making him play or feel better though. Surely, he can protest what he likes, it's for FDev to judge if he has a point or not?

When someone (who is essentially a new player again) demonstrates they'd rather just blame the developer instead of learning the game and getting better at it, especially when the prove glaring ineptitude, mockery and laughter should be expected.

Top Bottom