Only 20,800 free Arx per year

The amount of free Arx CMDRs can earn per year (400x52) equates to about £10 GBP. That doesn't buy many paint jobs. Frontier, why are you being so stingy? I really do think you've let the player base down on this... I know they are free but what's the point? ...It provides little or no incentive to players but what it does do is give you a psychological way to permanently advertise Arx in game. Do you not think we realise this? You really should value the loyalty, support and intellect of we your customers more.
Thanks for putting it in perspective. If free ARX were at too high a rate, players would be adapting their play to match maximum ARX instead of playing the game as intended. In fact they'd become obsessed by them. It's bad enough now, just look at the number of threads about ARX !

Only? Before this update, we "only" got ZERO Arx per year. Where were all the pitchforks and torches then?
I guess it must have been just you with one pitchfork and torch back then, DEMANDING that Frontier implement more convoluted and exploitive features from mobile games.

I'm happy for you that you got your wish, but I hate the ARX system and am going to continue to express this necessary and critical feedback that Frontier absolutely needs to hear all day every day nonstop until they Get A Clue.

ARX opened the game up for ALL types of players.

the game is streamlined and self contained with a tangible economy now... this was a no brainer chess move! no more clunky website, bypasses all the negative steam reviews for garbage skinpacks. the store icon everyone is griping about should be seen as an accomplishment.

bottom line is ARX loyalty/reward system promotes gameplay; this inflates server/user numbers, pushes the MMO ranking up the list... all of this helps keep the game you like alive. the rewarded ARX can be saved up for single purchase now and then, or help augment paid amounts to stretch purchasing power.

anyone that dislikes this new system doesn’t have any vision.

Well I cleared the 400 in a few hours play the other day so if you are right then that cap will be slashed within a week. ;)
Meh. Unless you have something specific to say about how you did it, I'm gonna just flat out not believe you. But yeah do keep an eye on your income over the coming weeks and see if it holds.

Only? Before this update, we "only" got ZERO Arx per year. Where were all the pitchforks and torches then?

but before that stuff was CHEAPER! and even considering it was cheaper, for what you were getting, it was obscenely expensive.

so now you get a couple of "free" paintjobs IF YOU PLAY LITERALLY EVERY DAY, but if you want to purchase something with real money, you're getting even more ripped off.

it's rather basic math/economics, and the amount of sycophantic behavior in this thread reminds why i don't come here often and why this game will never significantly improve.

the game is streamlined and self contained with a tangible economy now... this was a no brainer chess move! no more clunky website, bypasses all the negative steam reviews for garbage skinpacks. the store icon everyone is griping about should be seen as an accomplishment.

bottom line is ARX loyalty/reward system promotes gameplay; this inflates server/user numbers, pushes the MMO ranking up the list... all of this helps keep the game you like alive. the rewarded ARX can be saved up for single purchase now and then, or help augment paid amounts to stretch purchasing power.

Thank you Jonathan Swift.

it is to encourage us to buy ARX, look I only need 4000 ARK! They are talented traders. They have reasons after all, this is the main way to fund this game after the first purchase.

Tangible economy?

I got 400 ARX over the weekend. I think material gathering and trading pretty much did that for me.

I don't need any cosmetics. I'll buy stuff on a whim when I have a few ARX gathered, but won't be dropping any cash on them.

This is not lootboxes or P2W. If it gets like that then I'm out.

The amount of free Arx CMDRs can earn per year (400x52) equates to about £10 GBP. That doesn't buy many paint jobs. Frontier, why are you being so stingy? I really do think you've let the player base down on this... I know they are free but what's the point? ...It provides little or no incentive to players but what it does do is give you a psychological way to permanently advertise Arx in game. Do you not think we realise this? You really should value the loyalty, support and intellect of we your customers more.
As I already explained in some previous post:
This is
sneaky marketing dedicated to people that don't spend money in the Frontier Store. This is not for people that already spend money there.
If you've never had a paintjob, there are few odds that you will ever buy one if you're not interested in
cosmetics.

But now Frontier is giving you some free items:

• the sidewinder paintjob for completing the tutorial
  • the 1 Arx thargoid bubblehead
And while you play the game you earn few ARX, so you're tempted time to time to check what's in the store available for you (the blue icon is there for a reason, like the eye of the big brother).
But what you see will always be "
few ARX away". So one day you check the price of an ARX package.... 5000 ARX for 2.99£ and you accept to buy one (it's jsut 2.99£ after all) to get a paintjob that you never wanted before September 2019 but that is suddenly so cool.

Imagine getting stuck with OP on a desert island. They’re asleep all day and you’re out hunting. You come home with a wild boar, you offer them a couple of chops even though they did nothing. Then they start complaining that you’ve basically given them nothing. I’d be waking up alone the next day.

Hmm. When reading this thread, I come to the conclusion that people here are totally new to games with microtransactions and internet gaming.

I mean yes, 400 ARX a week is not a fortune. It's merely an incentive to look at the cash shop once a while. But that's the very same in each and any other game with microtransactions out there. Whatever you can earn in game is just worth a few cent of cash. When you then calculate how much you earn per time invested, any minimum wage worker will laugh at the stupidity of somebody actually grinding for the currency at such a low payout per hour. That's not new or unique here and absolutely logical: of course they still want you to pay actual money on the game, instead of wasting your time grinding cash shop currency. (So you can look good while wasting your time for other things. :D )

Meh. Unless you have something specific to say about how you did it, I'm gonna just flat out not believe you. But yeah do keep an eye on your income over the coming weeks and see if it holds.

Since it's Elite we're talking about there is of course a grindy, exploitish way to do things. You can buy/sell the same Reactive Armor for e.g. your Anaconda and you'll reach the 400 Arx limit within five or ten minutes.

I personally think you'd have just wasted five or ten minutes of your life, but some people will stick to it anyway until Frontier will hit it with the nerf hammer.

I think this game needs a subscription fee. Clearly, paying your employees with the cash generated by voluntary microtransactions is worse than a mandatory subscription fee.
At the moment no one would pay it. The game doesn't have such a good quality reputation. Sneaky marketing is definitely the best solution at the moment.

As I already explained in some previous post:
This is
sneaky marketing dedicated to people that don't spend money in the Frontier Store. This is not for people that already spend money there.
If you've never had a paintjob, there are few odds that you will ever buy one if you're not interested in
cosmetics.

But now Frontier is giving you some free items:

• the sidewinder paintjob for completing the tutorial
  • the 1 Arx thargoid bubblehead
And while you play the game you earn few ARX, so you're tempted time to time to check what's in the store available for you (the blue icon is there for a reason, like the eye of the big brother).
But what you see will always be "
few ARX away". So one day you check the price of an ARX package.... 5000 ARX for 2.99£ and you accept to buy one (it's jsut 2.99£ after all) to get a paintjob that you never wanted before September 2019 but that is suddenly so cool.

Then you go to the supermarket to get milk but the enticing gum by the tills makes you spend £150 on gum.
No sympathy. Use some self control or exercise a little patience.

Top Bottom