Open Gun-ports = open for pvp : Pilots federations rule of the duel

So why the negative views about people who explode other player's ships in open? They also play the game as intended and more importantly play within the rules set out by FDev.

As somebody who likes to play in open and recently found out that I really like to explode other players ships I would say:

Disclaimer: I mainly like to blow up ships that shoot back and there I have a good chance to get exploded too.

I don't have negative views of all PvPers I take issue with a very specific type of PvPer.

I take issue with people that try to IMPOSE their own views/ideas on me. EVEN if those views/ideas make sense.
You may try to convince me - I really do try to keep an open mind - BUT do not IMPOSE just because I don't agree.

I personally find the griefers/gankers horrilbly annoying BUT respect their RIGHT to play the game the way the want.
Some of these folks have skills that I doubt I would ever achieve if I played for 100 years - I completely respect that.

I go back to : it's a GAME. Play it your way and enjoy doing it.

If you were asked to classify a screwdriver, you'd call it a "tool"
Absolutely. A screwdriver is a tool. An eight inch piece of pointed metal with a handle could be a screwdriver or it could be a weapon. It all depends on how you employ it.
It always comes down to your point of view.

I'm having trouble with this. You don't deny that a certain game mechanic allows players to engage in adversarial gameplay against one another, yet you've dug in against calling it PvP.

Also, using a screwdriver to poke someone's eyeball out very much makes it a weapon. Haven't you ever heard of improvisation?

I interact with a game I do not oppose or aid other players.

Just because it can be used as a weapon doesn't mean it is one.

Was painting the other day ...

after which I had to replace all the outlet and switch covers.

As usual, I could not for the life of me, find the damned screwdriver with which I removed them.
So, I used my pocket knife to put them back. The pointed tip isn't optimal, but it worked - and they don't have to be super tight.

Does that make my pocket knife a screwdriver?

So long their actions are within the rules set out by FDev they play the game as intended. If you have a problem with that or feel they play outside the rules set out by FDev take it up with FDev.
The way the game is designed Open is a free for all which is why I'm not there. I may not like the way it is but I accept it because the gamedesign has give me a way to avoid the parts I don't like. If that hadn't been the case I wouldn't have bought the game.

Incorrect. Any item used as a weapon is a weapon. Doesn't matter if its a kitchen knife, baseball bat, motor vehicle, or ice pick. It depends on the context of its use.

Was painting the other day ...

after which I had to replace all the outlet and switch covers.

As usual, I could not for the life of me, find the damned screwdriver with which I removed them.
So, I used my pocket knife to put them back. The pointed tip isn't optimal, but it worked - and they don't have to be super tight.

Does that make my pocket knife a screwdriver?
Nope it makes it versatile. ;D

Top Bottom