Open Gun-ports = open for pvp : Pilots federations rule of the duel

Mate, it's deathmatch.

Open is, always and forever, deathmatch.

No matter what rule you might want, no matter what etiquette you may feel correct or just, when you click into Open it's anything goes.

That means you can totally follow some sort of code, or not. With other players, or not. For the greater benefit of all, or not.

You don't have control over the way others use the tools at their disposal and never will, completely agnostic of whether or not that's what you want.

Oh, and I guess this should go without saying but I've seen it a lot in many online/multiplayer games, but the forums? Reddit? Fan sites? They only represent, and are perused by, a minuscule portion of the playerbase. You're reaching out to phantoms that aren't even here.

The best way to avoid PvP is to find a group or squadron (it is not difficult) that fits your style of play and join them.
Open play is just that Open for anything the ultimate sandbox game where anything goes (except cheating obviously). It should not be narrowed down to a singular style of gameplay just to suit the way one person prefers to play.

I do not play in open that much and when I do I accept that if I get drawn into a fight and loose it is the nature of the mode.
Leave Open Play as it is.

Stay Safe
o7

Players can do whatever they want, but posting self invented "unofficial rules" on a forum that a tiny fraction of the player base reads, on a post that will be 10 pages away in a few months is pretty silly.
Back when this forum was actually alive it would have only take a few minutes to be pages back, barring the thread tured into complete off-topic troll fest.

That said, I appreciate some of the thoughts in OP novel.

If fdev were to implement some sort of pvp-flagged mode with conditional player damage then one of the conditions I'd want them to require for pvp protection is "person being fired upon does not have weapons deployed". Unless that were to happen, and it's unlikely that it will, you can't expect players to abide by any rule or code of conduct that isn't enforced by the devs.

What if I want unconsenting fights?

Then that raises the question: Why?

Other than the obvious of course, such as: people who do not like PvP aren't going to be prepared for it and probably aren't very good at it so I can feel really badass while have little to no skill whatsoever.

Or maybe, people who do not enjoy PvP are going to be very upset when I blow them up and I, being an asphole, get off on making strangers feel bad.

Or it might be as simple as not caring about other players because you are selfish and putting your own enjoyment over that of ever one else's...

So just explain to me why you think it's so important you get to impose your play-style onto others whether they like it or not because honestly I do not understand why you are so important you get to dictate the rules of engagement...

Convince me that players insisting on non-consensual PvP aren't horrible people...if you can.

Then that raises the question: Why?

Other than the obvious of course, such as: people who do not like PvP aren't going to be prepared for it and probably aren't very good at it so I can feel really badass while have little to no skill whatsoever.

Or maybe, people who do not enjoy PvP are going to be very upset when I blow them up and I, being an asphole, get off on making strangers feel bad.

Or it might be as simple as not caring about other players because you are selfish and putting your own enjoyment over that of ever one else's...

So just explain to me why you think it's so important you get to impose your play-style onto others whether they like it or not because honestly I do not understand why you are so important you get to dictate the rules of engagement...

Convince me that players insisting on non-consensual PvP aren't horrible people...if you can.
Because open.

Seriously, this has been done to death.

Going to open means everything goes.

You want to be left alone from PvP? Don't log into open.

Because open.

Seriously, this has been done to death.

Going to open means everything goes.

You want to be left alone from PvP? Don't log into open.

I don't log into open, that however does not mean I'm stupid and I did notice you did not answer the question is it because you can't?

Again: why is it so important for you to involve people in activities they do not enjoy?

Educate me if you can and if you can't that might clue you in as to why some people take issue with PvPers.

Top Bottom