Open Letter to All Humanity

Yes I would agree with most of what you say.
The simple fact is humanity has gone from a relative state of co-exsistance to one of aggression from the Thargoids.
The Thargoids would be warey of other species after the encounter with the Guardians, that with the hostility coming from humans reaffirms their suspicions especially after recent events.
But this is just my PoV.
Their encounter with the Guardians was similar to ours, whereby they had seeded worlds with barnacles for meta-alloy production. The act known as "Seeding" is in Thargoid principles a territorial marking/claim. When they returned years later and found that the Guardians had now colonized those worlds they seeded, they immediately opened fire without mercy. The Guardians at first tried a very calm response and suffered a lot, until diplomacy with the Thargoids was deemed impossible (As the Thargoids refused to speak with the Guardians even tho the Guardians had deciphered the Thargoid language) and subsequently deployed automated weapon systems that proved devastating against the Thargoids, ultimately forcing the Thargoids to retreat from their conflict with the Guardians.

Humanity never really had a co-existence with the Thargoids. Our encounter with them that sparked the first war was the same as what sparked their conflict with the Guardians. We deployed the Mycoid virus, which repelled them, allowing Humanity to push further, believing the Goids gone. In 3303, the Goids returned and saw that humanity occupied the Pleiades. Queue round 2 boogaloo ever since.

TLDR - From viewing their original encounter with a peaceful non-warlike civilization like the Guardians it can be deduced that the Thargoids are a real threat and that humanity, whilst making the error of mindlessly colonizing seeded worlds without analyzing the consequences (Looking at you, Sirius Corporation, Coalsack colonies), should not withhold from repelling the goid threat.

So this explains why Canonn refused to provide myself and CMDR Falcon91 any data when we asked for it. We'd been tracking the change in the Obelisks since at least February of this year independently of Canonn, and suddenly it makes so much sense why they kept their data hidden from us after he had reported the change to them.

Manufacturing more weapons is not the answer, the Thargoids were completely justified in responding the way they did - Humanity tried to genocide them for a second time, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that they're not the bad ones here.

Finally, and as always, those of us whom have been making efforts to communicate with the Thargoids - and those living peacefully alongside them for the same amount of time in various regions - stand ready to assist in any serious communicative effort. We have formed several potential permutations for communication based on their octal trigram data format, however it remains useless without a linguist who could assist with construction of a suitably detailed message. However, our prevailing idea of transmitting atomic compositions of elements has the highest theoretical chances of success as it's derived from the transmissions of the Thargoid Probe. It turns out I can still transcribe those by ear, all these years later!

Tesreau hasn't yet responded to any of my many requests for assistance or information on any of our shared research fields, and I sincerely hope you have better luck.

Yeah as Julian said you guys can go do this on your own.

Your research was actually requested by over 5 people who I asked to talk to you guys, people from varying squadrons who said they could get you guys to share data.

Within the first days of this, I had someone reach out to you guys and your reply and I quote "Everything looks normal" so that was a lie then, so thanks for deceiving not only me, but members of SINC, IGAU, McCoy's Spaceways, and R2C2 of data that we could have already probably solved this. I've also been tracking another thing you guys failed to even complete a few years ago, I've shared my data openly hoping to get more, even you guys used some of my DATA THAT WAS PROVIDED TO YOU, and you don't even credit me? That shows how self center your squadron is.

On top of all this the last time I tried to access the data sheets, both of them are now fully locked out and we can't see any data regarding current Guardian sites, nor any data regarding current thargoid sites. Your blackout on research is not a welcome one to those of us who are actively looking into different aspects of the game.

I do have a practical question that someone should pose to frontier. Analyzing sound, analyzing video signal, these are things that Consol players do not have access to. Someone should find out if these tools are necessary to solve the mystery or if they are just nifty distractions that are slowing us down. It would keep us from wasting time on things that won’t help us, and it would also let those of us on Consol no not to bother wasting our time. If analyzing sound waves is necessary to solve the mystery that automatically puts anyone on a game console out.
Does anyone here know anything?
Not sure why you think this.
you and most of the people today have a phone?
you can record, and you can use google apps to analyze, or other apps.
there are many free spectrum analyzers

access to internet and a device that lets it be 2 way and a recorder is all that is required. phones do this.

If a person needs help figuring out how, that is another matter and solvable simply by asking for help.

Not sure why you think this.
you and most of the people today have a phone?
you can record, and you can use google apps to analyze, or other apps.
there are many free spectrum analyzers

access to internet and a device that lets it be 2 way and a recorder is all that is required. phones do this.

If a person needs help figuring out how, that is another matter and solvable simply by asking for help.
My point was, do we know if these tools are necessary for the game? Or is it just a distraction that doesn’t play a role?

I am not the OP but I am one of the associated researchers. In light of claims of theft and the likes, please let me provide an insight into the situation:
  • The OP and the rest of the team have been using recordings by CMDR Dreamstate and subsequently those made by myself and CMDR Seven. You can find these in the pinned messages of the #signal-analysis channel inside the Canonn Discord. Our other point of reference are the earlier CHATTERBOX articles (part 1, part 2) written by CMDR Maligno back during his initial analysis.

• The team is not doing this in contract of Canonn. Rather Canonn is the place where we collectively meet and discuss, but there is no ulterior sponsoring whatsoever.

• The team is always available for questions inside the channel #signal-analysis. We have the google drive link available for insight there in the pinned messages for anyone interested. The same goes for those who wish to contribute and work together with us. They are free and welcome to join us in #signal-analysis and thus join the scientific party.

• You make mentions of asking for data and the like and being refused. That is what I find weird, I have been observing the channel for days, and have not seen any requests. Are you certain that you have joined the Canonn discord and have asked in #signal-analysis? As a team of researchers and scientists we are willing to collaborate with any and all that want to aid the research at hand, but it does appear that you asked someone / somewhere where the team was not present and active at all. So I would like to once again stress the importance of joining the Canonn discord and finding us inside #signal-analysis. If you need to, throw me an @ there explicitly.

I hope this clears up the points above in earlier posts by various Commanders. If not, feel free to respond/react.

Last edited:
I am not the OP but I am one of the associated researchers. In light of claims of theft and the likes, please let me provide an insight into the situation:
  • The OP and the rest of the team have been using recordings by CMDR Dreamstate and subsequently those made by myself and CMDR Seven. You can find these in the pinned messages of the #signal-analysis channel inside the Canonn Discord. Our other point of reference are the earlier CHATTERBOX articles (part 1, part 2) written by CMDR Maligno back during his initial analysis.
Other people have provided you guys with screenshots and that, I have logs from my discord PM's of people asking me if they can provide my data to Canonn and other groups. So yes you guys have received and used some of my data from other people who sent it Canonns way.

• The team is not doing this in contract of Canonn. Rather Canonn is the place where we collectively meet and discuss, but there is no ulterior sponsoring whatsoever.

• The team is always available for questions inside the channel #signal-analysis. We have the google drive link available for insight there in the pinned messages for anyone interested. The same goes for those who wish to contribute and work together with us. They are free and welcome to join us in #signal-analysis and thus join the scientific party.
Yeah I refuse to join a discord of an organization that's known for stealing research and what not.

• You make mentions of asking for data and the like and being refused. That is what I find weird, I have been observing the channel for days, and have not seen any requests. Are you certain that you have joined the Canonn discord and have asked in #signal-analysis? As a team of researchers and scientists we are willing to collaborate with any and all that want to aid the research at hand, but it does appear that you asked someone / somewhere where the team was not present and active at all. So I would like to once again stress the importance of joining the Canonn discord and finding us inside #signal-analysis. If you need to, throw me an @ there explicitly.
These requests were all sent privately to high members of Canonn for all the information they had on the obelisk pattern, and other aspects that involve the Obelisks we were met with complete silence.

These requests were all sent privately to high members of Canonn for all the information they had on the obelisk pattern, and other aspects that involve the Obelisks we were met with complete silence.
tbh, the pursuit of anything in the obelisk "pattern" is a futile effort.... there's simply nothing there.

Of course, people will speculate there is, and who am i to tell anyone not to do what they find fun. But there's not, and no, I can't prove it. Proving the presence of something is, well, easy. Proving the absence of something is much harder, and you'll still not prove it to a "true believer".

Suffice to say, any hidden message in anything within ED to-date has been obvious.

OMG!!! Can we PLEASE stop the rerun of the azimuth Defeat? I literally have to watch the entire thing every time I turn on the game now. I have it memorized. It’s not giving me an option to skip it.AAAAAAAAAH!🤬

So this explains why Canonn refused to provide myself and CMDR Falcon91 any data when we asked for it. We'd been tracking the change in the Obelisks since at least February of this year independently of Canonn, and suddenly it makes so much sense why they kept their data hidden from us after he had reported the change to them.

Manufacturing more weapons is not the answer, the Thargoids were completely justified in responding the way they did - Humanity tried to genocide them for a second time, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that they're not the bad ones here.

Finally, and as always, those of us whom have been making efforts to communicate with the Thargoids - and those living peacefully alongside them for the same amount of time in various regions - stand ready to assist in any serious communicative effort. We have formed several potential permutations for communication based on their octal trigram data format, however it remains useless without a linguist who could assist with construction of a suitably detailed message. However, our prevailing idea of transmitting atomic compositions of elements has the highest theoretical chances of success as it's derived from the transmissions of the Thargoid Probe. It turns out I can still transcribe those by ear, all these years later!

Tesreau hasn't yet responded to any of my many requests for assistance or information on any of our shared research fields, and I sincerely hope you have better luck.
CMDR It is good to find a like minded individual. The pursuit of science is a most noble goal. Unfortunatly there may have been some confusion due to the security measures and [redacted] taken during this release.

I will lead by stating that I did use Canonn letterhead, as I was in their workspace. That being said I am only loosely affiliated with Canonn as it pertains to certain objectives.

I want to clarify on this:

1) The reason for having sensitive classifications applied to ongoing operations is to protect the CMDR's and techniques involved.
2) Prior to the events in HIP 22460 all of Canonns research on the Guardian Obelisk Signal (CLASSIFIED AS CHATTERBOX1 Aug 3308) has been available since its publication in 3303.
3) I assessed the potential harm and applied the classification myself without consulting the general council. This is standard operating procedure for [redacted]

--
When it is feasible more information will be sure to follow. Please stand by CMDR. In the mean time if you have a specific need feel free to reach out to me. I would be more then willing to help with what I can.

As far as communications with the Thargoids, I too have been investigating this. Many of the interactions are opportunistic however, which can make the science difficult. -- I recently was able to obtain some samples of signals emitted from interceptors themselves. -- I wish I could provide more information but in the interest of accuracy I will wait until my lab completes their analysis. If you have any specific questions I would be more then happy to answer.

I do have a practical question that someone should pose to frontier. Analyzing sound, analyzing video signal, these are things that Consol players do not have access to. Someone should find out if these tools are necessary to solve the mystery or if they are just nifty distractions that are slowing us down. It would keep us from wasting time on things that won’t help us, and it would also let those of us on Consol no not to bother wasting our time. If analyzing sound waves is necessary to solve the mystery that automatically puts anyone on a game console out.
Does anyone here know anything?
Science is never a waste of time. I too have issues with the restrictions the Pilots Federation has put on ship construction. They wont even let me put in my own tuner!!! Can you believe that? They dont think that non-ftl comms have any value any more. Its all piped through this algorithm once it comes through the sensors.

I tell you it can make anti-aliasing a pain. And making your own secure comms channel? pft forget it. (If the ACT asks I didnt say anything)

They say it is part of some Witchspace safety protocols but who knows.. sometimes I think they just want to stay in control. Then again they also do a lot of good so who knows.....

Its not the easiest thing on PC necessarily. What I am trying to do is even a little harder lol. Neither hear nor there. -- In any case most of these puzzles are just that puzzles. there are more then one way to solve them.

I affirm this perspective on our behavior as a species, disregarding the seeding of worlds by those who came before us in that area of space. Yet, we cannot just stand by and watch as thousands, nay, millions of lives are mercilessly annihilated by the Thargoids. The Guardians once fought a war with the Thargoids that originated from the same reason as our current conflict with the Thargoids. They deciphered the Thargoid language and attempted to conduct diplomacy with the Thargoids to which the Thargoids refused to answer. This means that the Thargoids are a species that are not open for dialogue, instead, they seem very fanatical with a black-and-white view on any and all that trespass onto worlds they have seeded.

If the Thargoids did not want to speak with the Guardians, why would they now go speak with us, millions of years later? We must do what we can to protect our own lives at this point, against a species that knows no moderation. To that end, studying the Guardians, their technology and their signals for anything that may help in our struggle is paramount. I personally hope Ram Tah can soon come up with an answer provided he reaches conclusions from studying the Unclassified Relics.
Until we can confirm what Ram Tah decrypted how will we know? Science is based on peer review. -- Who is verifying his translations? -- We were lied to for years before, the Hesperus, the Mycoid Virus, INRA, Blackfight and those are just the ones related to Salvation. -- Was Salvation covering for himself? -- No -- Someone has helped him. You think he had no hand whatsoever in the events surrounding the guardians? He just showed up last year ? No he has been here for hundreds of years. He had to be involved at least indirectly with the development of the hybrid weapons. -- I choose to maintain a healthy skepticism on the translations from Ram Tah as I do the Thargoid Codex entries from INRA.

Their encounter with the Guardians was similar to ours, whereby they had seeded worlds with barnacles for meta-alloy production. The act known as "Seeding" is in Thargoid principles a territorial marking/claim. When they returned years later and found that the Guardians had now colonized those worlds they seeded, they immediately opened fire without mercy. The Guardians at first tried a very calm response and suffered a lot, until diplomacy with the Thargoids was deemed impossible (As the Thargoids refused to speak with the Guardians even tho the Guardians had deciphered the Thargoid language) and subsequently deployed automated weapon systems that proved devastating against the Thargoids, ultimately forcing the Thargoids to retreat from their conflict with the Guardians.

Humanity never really had a co-existence with the Thargoids. Our encounter with them that sparked the first war was the same as what sparked their conflict with the Guardians. We deployed the Mycoid virus, which repelled them, allowing Humanity to push further, believing the Goids gone. In 3303, the Goids returned and saw that humanity occupied the Pleiades. Queue round 2 boogaloo ever since.

TLDR - From viewing their original encounter with a peaceful non-warlike civilization like the Guardians it can be deduced that the Thargoids are a real threat and that humanity, whilst making the error of mindlessly colonizing seeded worlds without analyzing the consequences (Looking at you, Sirius Corporation, Coalsack colonies), should not withhold from repelling the goid threat.
The first logical thing to do would be to just avoid those planets. I don’t think either species has tried that, but I’d be curious to know if the aggression would stop. Just to see if they attack to anyway

Science is never a waste of time. I too have issues with the restrictions the Pilots Federation has put on ship construction. They wont even let me put in my own tuner!!! Can you believe that? They dont think that non-ftl comms have any value any more. Its all piped through this algorithm once it comes through the sensors.

I tell you it can make anti-aliasing a pain. And making your own secure comms channel? pft forget it. (If the ACT asks I didnt say anything)

They say it is part of some Witchspace safety protocols but who knows.. sometimes I think they just want to stay in control. Then again they also do a lot of good so who knows.....

Its not the easiest thing on PC necessarily. What I am trying to do is even a little harder lol. Neither hear nor there. -- In any case most of these puzzles are just that puzzles. there are more then one way to solve them.
How about Just an escape pod or a distress beacon? That would be standard on pretty much anything we would build anyway.

I hope this clears up the points above in earlier posts by various Commanders. If not, feel free to respond/react.
Don’t mean to but in, but since I have you on the line, what can you tell me about the progress made in deciphering the guardian written language, and the request made for the translation information ram tah is using?

Top Bottom