Optimizing Imp. Cutter Longe Range Trader

Not sure what your design philosophy is but here is mine:

Booster and scoop are optional. depending distance needed. I prefer miniscoops.. Crossing the bubble is almost possible in a build like this

Well, you could start by putting in a 7A FSD, not sure why it's Class 6 right now. Otherwise, heavy engineering will gain you some jump range, but it also comes with drawbacks.

If you want it for trading, then you dont need shield, scoop, booster. My trading cutter carry 784t, has a range of 41ly empty or 26ly fully loaded (total range 132ly fully loaded).
Only thing is you should disable auto launch because it often bumps into station during exit.

In my opinion 30 ly laden is sufficient for cargo hauling, even over greater distances. To effectively save two or more jumps, you need more than 5 to 8 ly difference.

I always fly fully armed, even in my Explorers. You wouldn‘t fly unarmed in an Elite world 😉

Looks like many of the above builds have 8D Thrusters G5/Drag Drives. I have an 8A G5/Drag Drives and it's heavy as hell. How does the Cutter handle with an 8D CMDRs?

I'm running this build (solo) in the current CG, doin 200ly round trips (3 jumps in, 3 out) - at least 1bn per hour (1 roundtrip takes about 12-13 minutes)

Last edited:
Yes. You should upgrade to a Class 7 FSD 😉

My FSD is from the Colonia bridge CG.
Weapons and utility on a merchant ship?Are you drunk?
Well, you could start by putting in a 7A FSD, not sure why it's Class 6 right now. Otherwise, heavy engineering will gain you some jump range, but it also comes with drawbacks.

No Shild?Without a sign I feel so naked.
And if I hit something when trying to land manually, then my shield should be damaged instead of the hull and the ship being destroyed.
If you want it for trading, then you dont need shield, scoop, booster. My trading cutter carry 784t, has a range of 41ly empty or 26ly fully loaded (total range 132ly fully loaded).
Only thing is you should disable auto launch because it often bumps into station during exit.
Fulescoope is for scooping on longe range.
Show the akuelly CG.

You didn't quite specify whether you'd like to
  • maximize both cargo capacity and jump range
  • engange or maybe even destroy pirate NPCs (some source & return missions send 4 Anacondas on your trail, for each mission)
  • or even have a chance of escaping a player interdiction

Each of these options needs a slightly different build.

My FSD is from the Colonia bridge CG.

Well, East Indiamen had 20 to 36 18-pounder guns to fight off French privateers. Sometimes they were successful and even earned prize money.

And I earned millions of bounties in my Trading Cutter and Trading-Vette.

It´s my style of play to fight, trade and doing missions at the same time with the same ship 😉

And you havent seen my 80 ly Explo-Fighter-Conda…. 😄

Top Bottom