Out of Fuel? - Explorer Rescue Service, The Fuel Rats

Wow. Great picture!

Did you want submissions? Can't say i'm much of a content creator, but I did do this video, which shows a typical sort of rescue with some text-notes layed over: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4gKalOu008

But of course, with pleasure, Stinja! Good instructional piece :)
I'll fire it up on fuelratart.org soon.
UPDATE: Here we go: https://www.fuelratart.org/ratfridge/38-A-Day-of-a-Fuel-Rat,-with-instructions.html

in other news, I have hell of a lot at my tiny paws at the moment, so don't wonder if I cannot drop by IRC that ofter ... better times will come <"o^/

Last edited:
I would love for a NMS division of the Mischief to form. Since the update's dropped I've already seen 2 separate cases where people have gotten stranded on planets in need of fuel. Thing is, r/NMS_fuel_rats already exists and it wasn't created by the Mischief :eek:

The D0lphin, the myth the legend... Yeah I can't even type that with a straight face!
I got my shirt today, and it feels really cool to own something that I made the design for! Thanks everyone :D
e6NujE6
90cAn38.png

The D0lphin, the myth the legend... Yeah I can't even type that with a straight face!
I got my shirt today, and it feels really cool to own something that I made the design for! Thanks everyone :D

Hey D0lphin, the T-shirt is truly awesome! Love my orange one and I wear it all the time (I'd go as far as to say it's my favourite T). Must try and dig out a decent photo of me in it (gutted I didn't get any good ones from Lavecon ... I'm still hoping there might be one from the official photographer, as and when he finally manages to get them up on his website).

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Hey D0lphin, the T-shirt is truly awesome! Love my orange one and I wear it all the time (I'd go as far as to say it's my favourite T). Must try and dig out a decent photo of me in it (gutted I didn't get any good ones from Lavecon ... I'm still hoping there might be one from the official photographer, as and when he finally manages to get them up on his website).

I was hoping those of us at Lavecon could get together for a group photo but it never happened (as far as I know!) An ideal time would have been after the main photo when Oliver was taking photos of any groups that asked for them. Maybe next time we can organise something. :) I had my navy tshirt there but now have the orange one too after seeing how good it looked on others. I wear them both a lot! :D

Just a quick +1 to the Rats - I placed a Rat Call as I thought I was out of jump juice. I was sitting @ 1105 above the plane some 23Klys out towards Tenebris but had an amazing fast response from the team including a pointer to a scoopable only 82ly from my location. I forgot that I'd filtered all scoopables to look for shiny things.

Team stood down, still needs to be chalked as a success rescue as I'd have sat there in Menu if someone hadn't pointed out the bleeding obvious..

I salute you Rats; may you continue to get up to mischief in or out of your Mischief..

o7 Cmdrs

Hi all,
I have a question that i can not find the answer to on google (or just my search parameters were off...): once i'm COMPLETELY out of fuel, and my systems shut down, can i still use synthesis? Namely, to make fuel? I'm in the black, so i can't try it out for myself right now, but it's important, since I already called on the Rats to get me out of trouble xd

Hi all,
I have a question that i can not find the answer to on google (or just my search parameters were off...): once i'm COMPLETELY out of fuel, and my systems shut down, can i still use synthesis? Namely, to make fuel? I'm in the black, so i can't try it out for myself right now, but it's important, since I already called on the Rats to get me out of trouble xd

You cant make fuel with synthesis.

Wow now those look great! Thanks a lot for creating and submitting them!!
Where are these located? I would like to do a FRAC article about that.

In other news, it felt great to be out in the black Ratting again, after about six weeks of being off. many thanks to my two fellow Rats and Dispatch. And my Rattaconda was greeted by two first limpets in a row (and a FDL Commander at a station hailing me for being a Rat) -- yay!!

Thanks for finding this and posting it. +1 I had kind of forgotten about these. Makes my lil Rat heart swell with pride. I will have to keep my eyes open for this one and the other winners as well.

I found that one at the San Tu installation but I think you'll find them at all sorts of installations (see my thread for a complete list). I had to wait a while for it to cycle round so if you see any community created landscape ad's then fly over and wait for them to cycle through the set).

While you're at it, if you happen to see any Buckyball ad's that aren't inside the hangar bay (i.e. somewhere that I can fly up close to one) then please let me know.

Meant to say last week ... issue #13 of Sagittarius Eye magazine is well worth checking out - features a nice interview with Surly Badger, creator of the Fuel Rats!

http://www.sagittarius-eye.com/

P.S. rumours of me being "no longer active" as a Fuel Rat have been greatly exaggerated. I asked SAGi to tone down the embarassing number of times Surly mentioned me by name in the interview but it seems they have now somewhat overstated my case. For the record I've been on extended sabbatical but am actively monitoring the IRC again these days hoping for an opportunity to spring back into action!

P.P.S. just checked the leaderboard ... wow - all these names I don't even recognise up the hundreds - you guys rock! [yesnod]

P.S. rumours of me being "no longer active" as a Fuel Rat have been greatly exaggerated. I asked SAGi to tone down the embarassing number of times Surly mentioned me by name in the interview but it seems they have now somewhat overstated my case. For the record I've been on extended sabbatical but am actively monitoring the IRC again these days hoping for an opportunity to spring back into action!

Good, 'cause we have literally tons of paperwork in Lounge for you to pick up and sort out! (Through airlock preferably.)

Top Bottom