Out of Fuel? - Explorer Rescue Service, The Fuel Rats

Making some resin castings 18" across:

ratloot-0.jpg

Accu-cast urethane resin (clear) with a spoonful of alumilite metallic gold added. I painted the inner face of the silicone mold (it took about a gallon of silicone to make the mold) then did a quick smooth pour.

ratloot-1.jpg

It takes about 20 minutes for the resin to cure but I leave it overnight. The process is exothermic - the resin heats up to about 200 degrees F in about 2 minutes.

ratloot-2.jpg

I had some problems with bubbles in the mold so I did another casting after this one. Each casting takes about 1L of resin.

Anyhow, the final (which looks better than that one) plaque is on its way to its new home. Shhhhhh it's a surprise!

So who's going to rewrite the SOP and guides?

I mean we can hardly use inaccurate information, like tabs that no longer exist, or if there's faster methods than previously.

ebIILub.jpg

Ditto the gal-map stuff: like last fuel jump, (non)fuelling via neutrons etc.

I mean we can hardly use inaccurate information, like tabs that no longer exist, or if there's faster methods than previously.
Ditto the gal-map stuff: like last fuel jump, (non)fuelling via neutrons etc.

I say you volunteer :D
But in all seriousness, I think the confluence should be enough for that, right ?
*rolls up sleeves*

We are, once we get solid specs. Just like we've done in every other patch previously. Prepare while in beta, finalize and roll out when patch drops.

And no-one does it solo without coordinating with other rats involved in it. Join the irc channels and find out that stuff on the background is taken care of 24/7.

Yeah, don't forget that it's not just the one fact that changes because of that single screen moving and getting renamed. It's 3 platforms and about 15 languages for each fact that has an in-game change. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if we've got some graphics on a !fueltank or a !kgbfoam that'll need to change. It's not our first major update and it won't be our last. We've got a process and we'll follow it. The best thing that everyone can do is let us know during the Beta what they've seen changed, so we can get those items ready to update in Mecha while the servers are down.

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Incidentally, while you're here Orange Sheets and talking about coordinating rats, are you aware of this event coming up next month?

Truckers-up-Teide-the-In-Game-Challenge!-11th-November

Would the Fuel Rats like to enter as a team?

I did pass on an invitation from Vingtetun in the IRC last week and see a few have now put their names forward. It's great being part of two fantastic groups - the Hutton Truckers and the Fuel Rats. :D

Making some resin castings 18" across:

Accu-cast urethane resin (clear) with a spoonful of alumilite metallic gold added. I painted the inner face of the silicone mold (it took about a gallon of silicone to make the mold) then did a quick smooth pour.

It takes about 20 minutes for the resin to cure but I leave it overnight. The process is exothermic - the resin heats up to about 200 degrees F in about 2 minutes.

I had some problems with bubbles in the mold so I did another casting after this one. Each casting takes about 1L of resin.

Anyhow, the final (which looks better than that one) plaque is on its way to its new home. Shhhhhh it's a surprise!

The eagle has landed. Repeat. The eagle has landed!

Almost needed the fuel rats on Sunday. Just swapped over to my Asp and completely forgot to refuel it before leaving.

First system I jumped to was a White Dwarf and I panicked when I realised I had no fuel, and all the stars were out of range. I almost self-destructed out of sheer embarrassment but fortunately there was ONE fuelable star in range.

I was so panicked I'd also forgotten I could've used the White Dwarf for a supercharge boost and get to a load of other stars that were in range!

Honestly I was mortified at my own stupidity and seriously contemplating suicide from shame.

Top Bottom