Palins research centre has been attacked by Thargoids

Palin will escape to Farseer and give her blueprints for G5 thrusters. She will give him something else, not only shelter. They will become close friends. Palin will help to get rid with griefers and he will set strong base defence. They will live long in peace and all players will be safe in Fasreer Inc.
How close?
He'll be sharing his dirty drive, nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more, say no more.

Ok i just went to the spring, after a while a cyclops spawned. Then i blasted it, it didnā€™t deploy swarm, had no shield after each heart. It then died considerably faster than normal. Have at thee weaker alien scum!!

I am a very excite, come on a massive war!

o7

About time there was some storyline progression. Imho, it doesn't matter that Palin got bumped out of his spot, even if it is permanent, even with the drive engineering access he offered. The Thargoids have been so annoyingly ignorable for so long. Per lore, they're supposed to be this big hyper-intelligent ancient species and perhaps herald humanity's impending downfall and up until now, you could go on your merry way ignoring them. Like where's the sense of adventure in that? I love getting chased by gankers and I love the idea of Thargoids being a legitimate threat. The danger in getting destroyed due to complacency keeps you on your toes, you don't "fly lazy" you "fly dangerous". I genuinely hope Fdev doesn't just stop with kicking an engineer and actually makes this into something to focus on.

Ok, so i went back to the spring, to get an interceptor to spawn you need to scan the megaship, then a comms relay. Then it should go ā€œframe shift anomaly detectedā€.

I guess the first time the CMDR in the corvette staring at the ship triggered.

Anyway, after i triggered, a medusa spawned, deployed a swarm an battered me basically, so....

Stay frosty out there CMDRs

o7

Palin be like:

bang.jpg

News Report:
The Thargoids have returned to the Pleiades Nebula in large numbers, with several conflicts reported within hours.

Professor Alba Tesreau gave an update on behalf of Aegis Research:

ā€œThe Thargoid forces that recently withdrew from the core systems have resurfaced in the Pleiades Nebula following a brief disappearance. An initial analysis of their movements suggests a subtle change to their tactics. I believe they are seeking to reassert themselves in their original nexus.ā€

ā€œA considerable number of Thargoid craft have gathered in the Maia system. With the Palin Research Centre facing an imminent attack, the decision was made to evacuate Professor Palin and his staff, thereby protecting a number of vital research projects. All work at Palin Research Centre has been suspended.ā€

ā€œRegrettably, however, a transmission from Palinā€™s megaship, Carson's Spring, indicates that it was assaulted by Thargoid vessels shortly after departure. With system security forces already under pressure, we urge independent pilots to head to Maia and protect Carsonā€™s Spring.ā€

I agree with the grind aspect of this game and I agree with introducing Thargoids to keep a dynamic in the game which throws you out of your comfort zone. What I disagree with is how Thargoid weapons are acquired which is needlessly complicated.

Top Bottom