Park Status mechanics

So, I’m sure a lot of us play Planet Coaster, right?
Well, as you know, you have the option to open and close a park.
I was wondering if this might be in the game, since it’s quite important...
You can’t keep your park open when a Spinosaurus is eating guests, am I right?
I really hope that we’ll be able to close and open our parks ourselves because it’s that “detail” that personally makes it more realistic for me.
Some people would use it for aesthetic reasons. To create more dinosaurs before people start entering the park...
Anyway.
That was my question.

You can’t keep your park open when a Spinosaurus is eating guests, am I right?

I really hope that we’ll be able to close and open our parks ourselves because it’s that “detail” that personally makes it more realistic for me.

Personally I'd think having the park open while that Spinosaurus is on the loose is a welcome challenge on it's own.

Obviously there are different opinions, so putting in the option of closing/opening the park should be a players choice. However if you'd have your park closed your costs would basically still be running while your incomes are less. But eventually a player should be able to choose how to play. Both fine by me and for all we know there's a pause button?

I imagine the ability to open/close the park will be in at some point. Maybe not on the tutorial island, or if it is there it may well be locked off until you finish the missions there and are later in the sort of free roam mode

Personally though if it is in game I'd like it tied to event triggers as well. If the T-Rex gets loose or if severe weather is incoming I'll be sounding the alarms so that all current park guests and employees head for the secure shelters. If I trigger that alarm I'd like the park to automatically close because honestly I'm going to forget to close the park in that situation and also that actually seems the most realistic approach to that situation for me

I imagine the ability to open/close the park will be in at some point. Maybe not on the tutorial island, or if it is there it may well be locked off until you finish the missions there and are later in the sort of free roam mode

Personally though if it is in game I'd like it tied to event triggers as well. If the T-Rex gets loose or if severe weather is incoming I'll be sounding the alarms so that all current park guests and employees head for the secure shelters. If I trigger that alarm I'd like the park to automatically close because honestly I'm going to forget to close the park in that situation and also that actually seems the most realistic approach to that situation for me

Yes! I like that idea, I hope that will be a possibility at some point. It wouldn’t be good for the rating of the park if more guests came in during an unfortunate event.

Top Bottom