IMPORTANT: Party in the Park - Planet Coaster Alpha Weekend!

A Planet Coaster game of Chinese whispers [big grin][big grin][big grin][big grin][big grin][heart][heart][heart][heart]

Well, you guys have sold me. I never pre-order games out of principle, but it's obvious already that this game is going to be awesome and I can't resist the alpha weekend/beta. Ordering the Thrillseeker's edition asap. [big grin]

Pre-Ordering without any evidence is always a bad idea. In this Case though, there is enough Material (Youtube Videos) out there to make an informed decision.

Last edited:
Yay! [big grin] This is such a great idea! I can't wait to get to try the game for the first time [praise] <3 <3
Happiness overload, hehe [big grin]

I think i diqualified myself by going a bit overboard :(

PlanetCoaster%202016-09-28%2014-59-19-30.jpg

Oh well... Maybe i should read the Descriptions to those things with a bit mor attention. :((

I think i diqualified myself by going a bit overboard :(

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h405/Padernoster/PlanetCoaster 2016-09-28 14-59-19-30.jpg

Oh well... Maybe i should read the Descriptions to those things with a bit mor attention. :((

Well if you remove the coaster (and possible other attractions) Give it a scenario intro. (Something like "Between these rolling hills you'll find the well kept castle of Plancotia, since the death of her father the Count, princess Amelie has hired you to fullfill her dream to have an amusement park right at her doorstep. Can you help to achieve her dream?") and you're all set.

Hmmm not quite, the Savegame Name doesn't support enough Characters :( If you try to save it as they say you have to, this: PartyInThePark_YOURNAME won't fit :(

I pre-ordered the thrillseeker edition through steam. I'm so excited to be able to play that weekend! Will steam just allow me to download the game and then be unplayable once the weekend is over?

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I pre-ordered the thrillseeker edition through steam. I'm so excited to be able to play that weekend! Will steam just allow me to download the game and then be unplayable once the weekend is over?

That's right, the game will be unlocked and playable between these times:

Party in the Park - Community Alpha Weekend

October 6 (6PM BST) – October 10 (5PM BST)

Will our progress from the weekend and the beta still be in our games when the full release happens? Or will we start on a clean slate when the game comes out?

Will our progress from the weekend and the beta still be in our games when the full release happens? Or will we start on a clean slate when the game comes out?
Like any "Alpha/Beta" in the world of gaming : Maybe yes, maybe no.

Last edited:

I think so... it worked for me for every new alpha...
But just in case, if you really don't want to lose it, make a blueprint of it and load it up to Steam Workshop... :)

That's right, the game will be unlocked and playable between these times:

My internet connection is extremely slow and therefore my download speed is terrifying, so I was wondering if we're able to download the game before October 6 and then just not being able to open/play it until October 6, or if we have to wait to download it until we can actually play it as well? (I'm hoping for the first [big grin])

I was wondering if we're able to download the game before October 6 and then just not being able to open/play it until October 6

Sorry to hear of your slow internet connection [sad] Regrettably, there was no pre-loading of Planet Coaster when Alpha 3 first started on Steam, nothing has been confirmed about any pre-loading for Party in the park.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of your slow internet connection [sad] Regrettably, there was no pre-loading of Planet Coaster when Alpha 3 first started on Steam, nothing has been confirmed about any pre-loading for Party in the park.

Thanks for the quick reply [wink] I'll just start the download at 6PM precisely and then wake up early Friday morning to have a great Party in the Park! [big grin]

Hi Planet Coaster,
I can't wait to play the game and I think the party in the park event is a really nice idea.
But I was just wondering, I purchased the normal planet coaster version before the 25th of August (so before the thrillseeker edition came out). Will I also get acces to the party in the park event?[rolleyes]
I really hope so!

Looks good Laurence.

I'm designing mine at the moment. I've never designed a park this way. It's surprisingly hard thinking of an entire park layout, leaving spaces for rides but having absolutely no idea what's going to go there. Normally, I have a general, or sometimes complete, idea of what's going in an area and the theme. The paths are usually part of the process and the whole thing grows organically. To do the whole path layout first is surprisingly challenging when you have nothing to build them around.

And lastly, not being able to slam in a ton of trees and add some scenery is killing me lol [big grin]

And lastly, not being able to slam in a ton of trees and add some scenery is killing me lol [big grin]
Why that ? [weird]
I think that the base should contain vegetation, as long as there is some clear areas.

By the way, can't wait the "Scenario/Map Editor" (if they make one)

Top Bottom