peaceful research & engagement with Targoids - Arrival style?

I wonder if there is an initiative for peaceful research & engagement with Targoids?

e.g. instead of looking at Targoids as 'things to kill & conquer', an engagement where we'd want to learn about them, possibly communicate with them & develop a peaceful co-existence?

I wonder if there is an initiative for peaceful research & engagement with Targoids?

e.g. instead of looking at Targoids as 'things to kill & conquer', an engagement where we'd want to learn about them, possibly communicate with them & develop a peaceful co-existence?

Short version. Been looked into a over the years... nothing has changed since initial release.

Goids like MAs.
Are somewhat unhappy with carrying thargoid items.
Are outright hostile to guardian items.

You can "summon " a thargoid in an NHSS by dumping over 5t of mas or thargoid items in the presence of another interceptor.

Guardian items will enrage the thargoid device in surface bases if loaded into it.

Nothing else of significance has been found. Hard to look into when there's no more leads to look into.

The lack of any way to interact other than pew pew is why I haven't had any interest in participating in any thargoid content other than unlocking palin for thrusters...which isn't even really content so....yeah, would be nice to see some options.

Super bump.

But yeah I heard of cultist's talking about this entity known as the "Far God" on GalNet and now I troll the CMDRs on facebook with "The Far God will not suffer idly by as its flock is culled in mindless slaughter! The end is near!", any time there is a discussion about how to solo this-or-that. That being said, I do wish Fdev would give pilots like myself who dont want to destroy them outright with a means to interact with them.

Maybe you can drop off MA or occupied pods and the Thargoids can drop its own type of data, or items and you can take those to some whack ass cult guru for special items, money, or Thargoid secrets. Idk just brainstorming.

I have recently begun a Human-Xeno Outreach program. A small group of interceptors have volunteered to assist me in building trust between our two races. They let me watch them practice a dance recently that was really rather delightful. I'm excited for the full performance.

Attachments

• PS_Messages_20190923_105956.jpg
    PS_Messages_20190923_105956.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 204
The lack of any way to interact other than pew pew is why I haven't had any interest in participating in any thargoid content other than unlocking palin for thrusters...which isn't even really content so....yeah, would be nice to see some options.
That's pretty much if. If there is another way to interact with them, it doesn't give any kind of feedback to suggest it's achieving anything.

Shooting them? It might not be a peaceful result, but it's a measurable result.

That's pretty much if. If there is another way to interact with them, it doesn't give any kind of feedback to suggest it's achieving anything.

Shooting them? It might not be a peaceful result, but it's a measurable result.
This one.

Mechanics with no noticeable feedback or result is as good as no mechanics.

It is a really good program, I think. I've only just started it a few days ago in Merope and that general neighborhood.

I assist the Thargoids in rescue/salvage operations, primarily. They don't seem to be able to learn to operate malfunctioning cargo byes and escape hatches so I break them open. I follow up and gather any thargoid tech they overlook. Sometimes I lend a hand at gathering meta alloy for them.

Big surprise, there are lots and of "volunteers" that "willingly" signup for cultural exchange efforts.

The interceptors usually tug me out of hyperspace when they want to trade. When they don't, I head to the permanent distress beacons in Delphi or Merope and deliver to the anxiety stricken thargoids in those places.

There is a lot of testing to do but I'm sure that some of my usual contacts really enjoy the interaction.

I mean, this tug-o-escape pod game is just a hoot to watch.

Attachments

• PS_Messages_20190923_105933.jpg
    PS_Messages_20190923_105933.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 178
They are like kittens and that little man screaming in terror in the escape pod is their mouse.

Attachments

• PS_Messages_20190922_152703.jpg
    PS_Messages_20190922_152703.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

What part of highly territorial, implacably aggressive, and irredeemably xenophobic don't you understand?

Top Bottom