Pilots of the galaxy, Hutton has a mission for you - Operation HOT MIST.

Maybe it's late, but I'm in! For the MUG!
I made the trip and brought lots of scrap...
for the mug.jpg

Hutton Orbital arrival.jpg

...sold the scrap at a loss, paid a big "hull integrity" repair bill, and bought some MUGS - what's not to like? Credits flowing OUT.

Seriously (not at all), I'm going to have fun with this. There are still stations left to save - if I can buy some more mugs!

Happy travels, CMDRs!

Last edited:
I guess I don't understand how to get more mugs to drop for purchase. I waited in-station for >10 minutes, I left and waited outside for >10 minutes, I left and goofed around in supercruise in-system for a while (>10 minutes). In all three cases when I returned to the commodities market, I couldn't purchase additional mugs; there are simply none shown for sale.
I have 30 mugs in my hold currently but was hoping for more.
What gives?

I guess I don't understand how to get more mugs to drop for purchase. I waited in-station for >10 minutes, I left and waited outside for >10 minutes, I left and goofed around in supercruise in-system for a while (>10 minutes). In all three cases when I returned to the commodities market, I couldn't purchase additional mugs; there are simply none shown for sale.
What gives?
You've hit the limit.
If you want more, you need someone to donate more to you, or hold your mugs in their cargo while you buy more.

What gives?
You won't get more then the limit. Waiting doesn't help.

Only option is to tea-bag, which means one player is getting mugs from Hutton, then drops it and the other player (you) gathers it, rinse repeat.

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
What gives?
Hi Esteban, the allocation at any one time can vary, according to the BGS state, between 30 and 68 - though we have briefly seen 75 during a 'Public Holiday' BGS state and 0 during Infrastructure Failure. 30 is the default but most of the time it is higher. The only way to get more is to use collector limpets to pick up further supplies dropped by other commanders loading you up - or 'teabagging' as it has come to be known. A number of commanders, including myself, are parked up at Hutton Orbital and can be available to load up anyone who asks - either in-game (use SYSTEM chat to be seen across all game modes as we are often in PG but can arrange to be in Open or an alternative PG) - or on this forum thread, Hutton Truckers Discord or Facebook page.

Collector limpet controllers are available for purchase at the station but unfortunately not the limpets themselves - though you may be able to synthsise them if you have supplies of nickel and iron I think it is. The number needed obviously depends on your ship size, current allocation and number of commanders available to load you up. Most people use two at a time, so over an hour about 12 should be adequate.

Hope this helps. :)

Yes, thank you. My misunderstanding was just that I didn't realize that the only way to get more than the single alocation was by 'tea-bagging.' I misunderstood that to be a way for folks to get more quantity more quickly and thought that I could simply wait thru a few 10-minute intervals to get more.

I'm happily distributing my allocation. It does take a while to distribute 45 of the Mugs. (Handy advice in there; I forgot that i could synthesize limpets when needed. Thanks for the reminder!)

Happy travels... 🍺

...it does bring up a question, though. If I drop some outside the station (at appropriate distance), and go get some more, the dropped ones don't 'survive.' I thought it was simply a matter of time. Is it distance and/or instancing too? (I guess it must be to some extent.)

I've retrieved some of my own stuff after combat in the past (stolen by hatch-breaker, I destroy enemy and find my stuff - pew pew)

I guess the 32 mugs in my hold won't get delivered since I'm logging out for the night and we are almost there.

Thank you very much to the organizers for … well, organizing it, the idea itself and programming the necessary tools.
An additional thank you for making the tools available also for console players.

It felt that i took part in something greater … you are great gals and guys and I'm waiting for the next big thing :)

Now I'll move on and help Operation IDA for a while :)

Total Mugs Delivered

53,879 of 55,428 mugs
or
97.21% of stations have a mug

Total Systems Mugged

20,073 of 20,609 Systems
or
97.40% of systems have a mug in every station

That's a higher percentage of systems mugged than stations.

The end of (mugging) days are upon us.

CMON team!

Ofc the next trick is to see if there are any undiscovered systems with commodity markets that no one has ever visited. :)

Is Farsight Expedition Base in Heart Sector IR-V b2-0 available again? It does have a Market but last time I've been there it was closed. Can we do anthing to change the state of this system so that Farsight is operational again?

If it has been in Lockdown, infrastructure failure or outbreak then yes, the market may have been rejecting mugs and that bgs state will need to be cleared first.

I can't see any problems there at the moment but the data might be old

Top Bottom