Pilots of the galaxy, Hutton has a mission for you - Operation HOT MIST.

If it has been in Lockdown, infrastructure failure or outbreak then yes, the market may have been rejecting mugs and that bgs state will need to be cleared first.

I can't see any problems there at the moment but the data might be old

I think I mugged it on day one, unless there is a second station in the heart sector?

Wait..I did mug both the heart and soul on day 1... "I put my heart and soul into it", Screenshot for proof https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/666289245660643339/667462762376462366/unknown.png

ive already poked entarious about it!

Last edited:
99%!

1586247241712.png

We have a few systems that appear to be in Lockdown, drought, famine or outbreak that might need clearing before we can mug them....

Last few might need a little work!

So,
55,445 of 55,461 mugs
or
99.97% of stations have a mug

But I only count 6 stations listed that don't have a mug. Been to 3 of them so far:

HIP 68801 - Huxley Prospect - lockdown

Kondriates - Polya Mines - famine

21 Arietis - Descartes Landing - lockdown

The other 3 are:

Capricorni Sector CL-Y c12
1 - Clarks Folly
2 - Hughes Inheritance

Pegasi Sector BQ-Y d72
1 - Walker Point

Last edited:
There are more being added as they're discovered. Master stats at top might need a prod. I know Cometborne added a bunch of undiscovered ones this evening

Total Mugs Delivered

55,454 of 55,469 mugs
or
99.97% of stations have a mug

Total Systems Mugged

20,609 of 20,609 Systems
or
100.00% of systems have a mug in every station

So 15 mugs to go.

My internet access has been out more than on for the last day and a half so I haven't been able to empty my hold of Mugs. I have about 9 mugs left and was hoping to help finish up :(

This was a neat task, CMDRs.

I risked a couple of trips. I went to 21 Arietis and lost my network access literally 1km from the station! When it returned, I discovered that the system is in a state of lockdown. The commodities market isn't available.

I "trucked" on over to the Kondriates system. The Hutton Mug simply wouldn't show up in the commodities market sell page. I'm not sure why. The system states are Famine & Civil Unrest.

I'm not very experienced with the BGS aspects of the game. Does anyone know off the top of their head what it would take to change the system states? How much effort does it take? When would changes be reflected (do I have to wait for a weekly tick like powerplay)?
With respect to the Famine state, can I just deliver a bunch of food or grain, or is it more effective to complete missions which ask to source food-stuffs, etc?

Last edited:
With regard to Huxley Prospect in the HIP 68801 system, this station is shown as having no commodities market.* This probably should be removed from the MUG-LIST.
The other two stations in the system have already been MUGged, so that's done.

Happy travels...

* Ref: EDDB.

I risked a couple of trips. I went to 21 Arietis and lost my network access literally 1km from the station! When it returned, I discovered that the system is in a state of lockdown. The commodities market isn't available.

I "trucked" on over to the Kondriates system. The Hutton Mug simply wouldn't show up in the commodities market sell page. I'm not sure why. The system states are Famine & Civil Unrest.

I'm not very experienced with the BGS aspects of the game. Does anyone know off the top of their head what it would take to change the system states? How much effort does it take? When would changes be reflected (do I have to wait for a weekly tick like powerplay)?
With respect to the Famine state, can I just deliver a bunch of food or grain, or is it more effective to complete missions which ask to source food-stuffs, etc?
Famine:bring food
Civil Unrest:bring the LAW
Or related missions for the station owner.

Famine:bring food
Civil Unrest:bring the LAW
Or related missions for the station owner.

Thank you, @Vingtetun!

I have successfully cleared the famine state in Kondraites but selling a Mug to the commodities market doesn't seem to update the HOT-Mess completed-stations tally on your web site.

Last edited:
Have you logged in to the site and permitted it access to your player journal?
Yes, I have been using EDMC with the Hutton plug-in successfully for all of my activities for this project. I tried restarting ED completely and EDMC. Then I tried another sale. I also posted a message to the problem tracker on the HOT web site.

Edit: Thank you for the suggestion. The EDMC window does show the "sale" of the Mug...

MUG sold at Polya Mines.jpg

Last edited:
Entarious has switched off the HH updates for HOT-MESS, to allow him to make necessary corrections to the database... but I have made him aware of this issue

Thank you everyone for this epic mission! Mopping up the last few now and of course we'll be mentioning it during vECM Live on Saturday and posting once the VERY last one is finished.... but for now, asking the mods to unpin this post.

You've all been epic and it's been great fun. Will write it up fully, with credits to the top truckers that did a sterling job after vECM, but for the time being - you're legends and for what it's worth - reckon this has been the most difficult mission in the galaxy and as a community, you've all risen to the challenge. Thank you again.

Thank you, @shaunpond. Just tried to get one system more into the "MUG-ed" column. I was surprised that I was able to alter the famine state in a reasonable amount of runs - possibly because the system's population is relatively low (in the 20k range). I'd never tried anything like that before.

Congrats, @schlowi123, top-50 is an accomplishment!

Top Bottom