Planet Coaster - 1.0.1 Update Notes

Thanks for the update. I'm downloading now so I'll check it out later.

I'm so happy that you're still putting so much into this game but seriously, give yourselves some time off. [heart][up]

Great update, even though none my issues were addressed, I'm pleased to see the team is actually working to fix the technical problems.

Hey everyone,

As you may remember from yesterday's competition announcement, we have a new update coming to Planet Coaster today!

It's live and ready for you to download now. The update notes are below. Don't forget there is a December update on the way too which includes more free content.

Enjoy!

• New blueprints
    • ​New shops/facilities blueprints for all 5 themes
    • New scenery blueprints for all 5 themes
    • New coaster blueprints
  • ​Added a "harder" challenge mode
  • ​Crash fixes/stability improvements
  • Optimisations
  • Bug fixes
    • Loading an old park will not reset your custom music
    • Fix black artefacts on HD4000 machines
    • Fix mouse issues on Windows 10 Insider
    • Fix heatmaps when a train falls off the track
    • Fix Priority Pass attendant animation issue
    • Reduced CPU/GPU usage when the game is minimized
    • Excitement, fear and nausea values now appear on coaster blueprints tooltip
    • Tacos icons now appear in Guest Inventories correctly
    • Fixed lights on dark ride in "The Creature Awakens"
    • Allow guests to stand at different heights on raised queues/paths
    • Guests re-equip balloons when leaving rides
    • Fix issue where control rebinding's were not being reapplied if you cancelled out of a change
    • Fix harness animation on Canyon Runner
    • Star Studded Career achievement fix
    • Guests now enter toilets/first aid centrally rather than clipping into the building
    • Guests with nothing to do leave the park rather than idling on the spot
    • Improved performance when editing terrain around water bodies
  • QoL improvements
    • ​Coaster auto-avoid now ignores terrain when auto-tunnelling is selected
    • Clicking a notification will now rotate the camera to focus on the affected facility/exit/entrance
    • Height markers now appear when building downhill more often
    • Community translations now support overriding the games font, allowing support for East Asian languages where characters were previously not included.
    • Escape now exits the main menu

Your next update needs to include a way to do the following things:

1. Not everyone can do FREEFORM on TRACK RIDES like you guys clearly can, I for one don't like it, and I would like to be able to turn it OFF and have the track pieces in the track editor as in RCT3, but there's no way to turn FREEFORM off at the moment and there desperately needs to be.
2. Change the currency so that people in other countires can have their currency included in the Options Menu
3. Edit outside your park boundary (have land raise, flatten or lower in sync with land in your park)
4. Unlock locked scenery that you do NOT want in your park (some sandbox parks have trees/rocks that are locked and INSIDE the boundary)

Last edited:
is it possible to change the defficulty from hard to harder somehow? I don´t want to start completely from scratch... again...

Thank you Frontier! All those black shadows and objects flickering glitches are now gone. [heart]

I am working on a deep and wide debug testing project on objects and content in the game. I'll send in my report very soon.

I am sorry. Just read the notes.

I just noticed the ride sequence of the wave swinger was changed. It is ok now. Not perfect, but much, much better and the most important usable.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Your next update needs to include a way to do the following things:

1. Not everyone can do FREEFORM on TRACK RIDES like you guys clearly can, I for one don't like it, and I would like to be able to turn it OFF and have the track pieces in the track editor as in RCT3, but there's no way to turn FREEFORM off at the moment and there desperately needs to be.
2. Change the currency so that people in other countires can have their currency included in the Options Menu
3. Edit outside your park boundary (have land raise, flatten or lower in sync with land in your park)
4. Unlock locked scenery that you do NOT want in your park (some sandbox parks have trees/rocks that are locked and INSIDE the boundary)

1. Not likely to happen, if you are struggling though just ask and we will try and help.
2. The currency is made up, its Planco Dollars. I mean it would have been good to have a custom icon like a P with lines through it for Plancolions or something
3. Yep this would be nice to have
4. This is probably a throwback to moving a boundary line when they increased size and you are right, they need updating. I haven't played much but might be worth making a bug report and point them out so they can locate easier?

1. Not likely to happen, if you are struggling though just ask and we will try and help.
2. The currency is made up, its Planco Dollars. I mean it would have been good to have a custom icon like a P with lines through it for Plancolions or something
3. Yep this would be nice to have
4. This is probably a throwback to moving a boundary line when they increased size and you are right, they need updating. I haven't played much but might be worth making a bug report and point them out so they can locate easier?

Well a way to turn off FREEFORM needs to happen because I CAN'T do it. Each time I try to build a railway to go around my park, it keeps going wrong! And I don't see the currency as PlanCo dollars, I see it American dollars and it's not fair - other currencies need putting in as well!

Last edited:
Well a way to turn off FREEFORM needs to happen because I CAN'T do it. Each time I try to build a railway to go around my park, it keeps going wrong!

Have you tried using the "Angle Snap" feature, and setting the angle to something like 45 degrees? This should give you the control that you need without the track wobbling all over the place.

Last edited:
Have you tried using the "Angle Snap" feature, and setting the angle to something like 45 degrees? This should give you the control that you need without the track wobbling all over the place.

I'll give that a go. But if it doesn't work, short of having a way to turn off FREEFORM, I won't be able to have any track rides in my park other than those already built in the blueprints! Also, I have tried downloading rides and features to go into my game and it's not working!

Found the problem, and it's something that needs sorting out in my opinion - the boundary of the park isn't even straight - it's at an angle - no wonder my railway isn't going along the boundary correctly!

And on ride music, there needs to be a checkbox to have the music on continuously if you want it so and there isn't, it plays when the ride is in motion then stops!

Last edited:

AndyC1

A
When translated into Korean, it is translated into squares.
Can you check update?
Even though I did the updates(1.0.1.36136)
Please tell me how to fix the solution.

file encoding is utf-8
hlep me .... plz [cry][cry]

Hi Haru,

Can you take a look at this post for more info on how to specify what fonts to use.

Cheers

Andy

Top Bottom