Planet Coaster 2: Speculation and Rumors

I just don't understand this desire for real world licenses as a part of the game, in any shape or fashion. To me real world brands inside games cheapen the experience, and I feel marketed to inside a product I own.

And I think it says alot more about the community when they can create recreations of those licenses, highlighting their creativity and imagination, rather then being spoon fed some of the largest brands in the world.

It shocks me there's less resistance and more acceptance of this idea then I'd hope. Of all the things we can do with this game, and ways to improve and some just want to make it another product placement device.

I wouldn’t mind a planet coaster 2 as long as my current pc could play it as well as the first game. I’m pretty new to pc gaming as I always had consoles. Love pc gaming but let’s face it pc systems and components aren’t cheap. I think Planco 2 is a year or two away but you never know. I play planet zoo much more but still enjoy planet coaster in it’s current state. I hope they add more dlc myself.

Planet Coaster 2 should involve some nice modern wood like what Planet Zoo has for building. Also implementing a system similar to the Planet Zoo invisible walls, but invisible stairs. So when you actually build wooden stairs for an example, like a beach shack... guests can walk in rather than having to use a concrete path.

Speaking of paths, Planco 2 is in need of a larger variety of path textures.

I want to see more like more entertainer stuff like parades, shows, meet and greet areas, and I also want to see Kid Zones for family friendly parks

Oh yeah customize entertainers and other staff kinda like RCT3 did

Idk a lot of things

Last edited:
That is one thing lacking in Planet Coaster. The ability to make new working rides. Other coaster games like Parkitect have official mod support. Someone figured out RCT3’s file structure to import working rides, and RCT2 could do the same. With Planet Coaster we are stuck with the rides we have until Frontier makes another rides pack.

3) Unrestrict everything.
We are PC gamers, we want to have our freedom or at least the ability to select an option to have full freedom when playing our games.

PC Gaming should never become like mobile or console gaming. DLC is fine in reasonable doses as seen. In general though, the scene (some games) is currently close to pay per play and this should not happen please Frontier.

• Transport to the park, coaches, horses, car parks, mass-transit, trams, environmental and sustainable considerations.
  • Park Power management. Nuclear or Wind Power.
  • Steampunk
  • Dynamic Weather, storms shutting down tall structures or collapsing them
  • Possibly growing and dying vegetation, artificially maintain plants outside of natural environment e.g. watering or greenhouse, seasonal foilage?
  • Art Galleries and Sculpture parks, resident artist?
  • Escalators and Elevators
  • Shopping Malls

• Multiple parks in one map with "Park Hopper" tickets for them
  • indoor souvenir shops, even if they have to be rabbit holes like the Restaurants
  • better pathing system possibly just paint them on

• Transport to the park, coaches, horses, car parks, mass-transit, trams, environmental and sustainable considerations.
  • Park Power management. Nuclear or Wind Power.
  • Steampunk
  • Dynamic Weather, storms shutting down tall structures or collapsing them
  • Possibly growing and dying vegetation, artificially maintain plants outside of natural environment e.g. watering or greenhouse, seasonal foilage?
  • Art Galleries and Sculpture parks, resident artist?
  • Escalators and Elevators
  • Shopping Malls

Transport, Power management, Dynamic weather and elevators of such, steampunk, but what does the rest of the list have to do with theme parks? Not even in real life would you find that.

Here are some things I'd love to see
I think I'd like to see the franchise mode in Planet Coaster 2. Then have an option for season tickets across your parks.

On ride photos (at least for tracked rides /coasters so we can have these as ride exit shops.

The back rounds / biomes to connect to the parks better at least a road leading up to it or something

Option for sequencer to be in waveform aka how RCT3s used to be to make timings easier.

Have flatrides with optional skins (by all means can be a DLC)

Unload station on track rides / coasters and maybe option for round turnstile continuous movement stations for track rides I.e log flumes etc

And these would be awesome if you could:
Guests carrying bags I.e backpacks or gift shop bags and prizes which leads me to
Midway games and guests winning small mid or large teddies
Guests with prams or wheelchairs.
some sort of baggage hold so hats, balloons bags disappear when riders use it.
Again the above is personal wishlist

Not directly Planet Coaster 2, but I really wish the Cobra Engine would be closely connected between different Planet games.
That way the engine could allow for cross game updates and share items between games.In order to share, you'll need to have both or more Planet games. Simikar to how DLC'S work.

Also, instead of one game having better pathing or water, all of them will benefit with having a refined engine.

Last edited:
TBH theirs lots of things i really want in planet coaster 2.
1 Multiple station ability. I know this could be extremely difficult to do i just would love to have this in. It would bring so much capacity in and also look cool
2. More specialized coaster trains, they did this with ghost busters DLC Steel vengeance and cooper head strike. I personally want a few, Outlaw Run, Lighning rod, Mystery Mine, Taron. But any would be welcome
3. Way more flat ride options and customization abilities for current towers like the observation tower, screaminator, and the tower swing
4. New building/scenery pieces, I.E steampunk, Starwars, More Alpine, etc
5. On ride photos
6. Biome customization and connection, Id love to be able to have the ability to have a town on the outside of the map or a highway, and have a road running from outside the map through the map and out maybe with cars and small buildings idk
7. Flowing water and water falls
8. weather. Like Parkitect you could have extremely hot days, cold days, snow, rain. Theyd all impact guest movements so in the rain indoor rides might surge in popularity and coasters might drop.
9. Cubbies in stations where guest can store items
10. Waterparks.
11. If/When PC2 comes out you have to buy it but it acts more like an add on to planet coaster, where all th DLC's and saves are transferred to the new game

I dont care if half of these arent used but if all of this could be put in i think Planco 2 would be awesome!

Last edited:
Planet Coaster needs a realistic Photo Mode studio, that gives you the ability to mess around with realistic camera settings and have your shots of your park rendered to 4K.

Many games have this and would definitely be a hit for the game, as people love showing off their creations and parks.

A couple of things i want are:
actual darkness inside caves and buildings, without it being super underground or night time
actual coaster smoothness (honestly ill take this if anything because this is the reason i cant play any longer, that it takes a week to remove the jank)
NO disney take-over. 3d grass, so i dont have to place trees deep to create an illusion that takes A LONG time
More coaster types, and less restrictions on coaster building.
KEEPING the lovely vibe and feel PC1 gives you, the life, the immersion, the lovely delivery
Multiple stations, transfer tracks. Better performance from the cobra engine
parking lots, and the ticket system, maybe even tour passes?
animation on objects - interaction (getting in to coasters, safety checks etc.)

And this is wayyyy into wishthinking, but some way of letting us customize our coaster trains, with logos - even if created from templates, or letting us photoshop it ourselves and port it in, with maybe templates to the shape of the car, to get more original coasters, instead of choosing from a 'branded' coaster.

I just want Smooth Coasters, one asks why the cascade & spinning coaster (without spinning it) is smooth but the others aren't :/

OH the other one would be to decorate certain ride parts, when Planco came out, there was concept art of the flying carousel ride with dragons instead of "drats" and I thought we may be able to click a drop down and select the dragons instead, so something similar to changing cars for coasters, but instead for flat rides would be cool.

Ive got a big wish list of features for Planet Coaster 2!

To start, I think a lot of Planet Zoo's features would be great for PC2. (Dynamic weather, fence tool, interiors, staff areas, staff doors / paths)

I'd really like to see the scale improved. Some of the scenery items feel so big compared to the guests. Would be great to have smaller basic shapes. Working doors. Ability to resize & scale text on signage. Maybe even a custom art option for signage. (freehand drawing tool) Make everything colour changeable. Fix the triggered speakers. (Always been very glitchy)

Actual hotels, restaurants etc. (Not just black boxes) Along with indoor furniture. Working carparks / multistoreys, tickets and passes, ticket booths, entrance turn styles, public transport stations, travelators. (Road / transport spawning, less caves!) Let us build proper resorts!

Better coaster station loading / unloading simultaneously and animations getting in and out. Split stations. (one for loading and another for unloading) Ride evacs. Transfer tracks, coaster workshop. More coaster types and cars, drop tracks (like Th13teen). Movable / seperate operator booth. Ride photo points & collection booths.
Better water simulation with flowing water. And water parks!! (Expansion maybe?) Randomised foliage spray tool.

Full merch/gift shop interiors & items, more details for food & drink outlets.
Enclosed tunnels option for coasters and paths, underwater tunnels. Starting maps with pre-landscaped terrains.

I know it's a lot to ask but I love playing Planet Coaster. Bought all the main expansion packs and happy to keep buying and supporting a much improved version of this awesome game.

Top Bottom