Patch Notes Planet Coaster: Console Edition - 1.3.2 Update Notes!

Jay Wilton

Community Manager
Hayo PlanCo Fam!

We hope you've been enjoying Planet Coaster: Console Edition on both current and next-gen consoles! It’s been incredible seeing all of your awesome blueprints and parks on the Frontier Workshop, as well as your fantastic screenshots and videos online - show us what you’ve been working on so far, below.

Thanks for making us aware of the issues you've been experiencing. We appreciate all the Issue Tracker reports and contributions, as they have been super helpful in identifying issues. With that being said, here are the changes coming with Update 1.3.2:

Stability

Added fixes for various crashes, including:
  • Crash when cycling through seats on the on-ride camera for the Grand Carousel
  • Crash when adding a trigger sequence to a coaster and then backing out to the Main Menu
  • Crash when attempting to save a park containing over 3,000 Display Sequencers
  • Crash when reaching page 9 of the Workshop browser
  • Crash when deleting a sequencer while previewing audio
  • Crash when spamming the Esc key on a keyboard while in a Career park
UI
  • The UI now behaves as expected when adjusting the time of day while the Filters panel is open
  • Added a multi-select button on the main UI
  • The “Active Perks” tab on the Hotel Info Panel now displays active perks
  • The text for "Luxury Rooms" is no longer all in capital letters when you first select a Hotel
  • The number of occupied rooms in a Hotel will now reduce correctly if you remove rooms as guests are using them
  • The sun icon in the time display will now change to a moon when it's night time
  • Time adjustment can no longer be used while in the pause menu
Tools
  • Added a brush size adjustment to the path delete tool
  • Fixed an issue where the terrain painting tool cursor was smaller than the actual area being painted
  • Removed erroneous back button when in Delete Path mode and using a grid
Workshop
  • Fix for an issue where the "My Uploads" page could be limited to 50 items
  • Fix for an issue where the item description would never load while uploading a Blueprint or park
Rides & Facilities
  • Broken vending machines can no longer be opened and can now be fixed by mechanics
  • On ride cameras will no longer snap back to the center as soon as you let go of the stick
  • Fixed an issue where coasters and track rides could be placed underground
  • The shooting ride now has a reticle when using a mouse in Free Aim mode
  • The go-karts now have working horns when you're driving them
  • Open rides can now be deleted from all expected areas of the UI
  • The Shooting Ride score fanfare now has matching audio
  • Vending and Claw Machines no longer have a vendor salary
Scenery & Blueprints
  • City Downtown Shop Shell 3’s icon now matches the Blueprint
  • The Confetti Cannon now shoots confetti when set to play "Every X Seconds"
  • The Catherine Wheel firework can now be previewed correctly
  • The Pearl Multi Launch Large Firework will no longer take operating costs without firing
  • Hotel Blueprints are now included within the "Main Game" filter
  • Guests will no longer bang their heads on the boiler on the Luna Autos Blueprint
Staff & Guests
  • Vendors will no longer walk on the spot if fired when there is no path in front of their shop
  • Mechanics will no longer appear as "Idle" when repairing a vending machine
  • Guests will now walk at normal speed rather than slowing down until they reach a ride queue
  • Guests will no longer stop in the middle of the path for no apparent reason
Text & Localisation
Text in the Park Management screen is no longer truncated in some languages when a staff member has been fired
  • "Dynamite Crate" item is now correctly capitalised
Misc.
  • Fixed the “Challenge Veteran” and “Challenge Experience” Achievements/Trophies to ensure they unlock correctly each time
  • 'Plipcam' can now be moved around with a controller

To bad you run out of space and you cant add anymore items in the space that they give you which is pretty good size, and then its what you keep and what do you get rid of.
This seems to be a consistent thing, zoo tycoon did the same. Not sure if that was ever changed, but it did heavily impact gameplay later on, as there was little you could do without screwing your park over.

Also, some achievements are still bugged, like coaster length.

Thanks to the team for the update. Was not expecting a patch so soon. Is there a way to know what you are working on for the next patch?

I also would like the echo that many others have...please see if the Oswald Counter can be improved...especially on Next Gen consoles. Next Gen consoles seem to able to have about 30% more than base consoles, but I really think the PS5/Xbox Series X should be able to do bit more than 30% over the base consoles. Hopefully this is something the team will work on.

But thank you again for making a quick patch and hope support continues. Been loving the game and just wish I had more time to play it.

Yeah I really hope the Oswald Eugene-counter is improved, I saw some videos and for putting some paths, it goes to 10 percent, I'm thinking to purchase it for Christmas, I don't see you can do big parks with this feature. Another question, are you planning anywhere near to having the DLC's into the console game? Thanks

Last edited:
Because I was planning to replicate some parks with my touch, starting with a 55-hectare zone, Idk if is that too big to do a park in a PS4, can someone confirm for me?

Last edited:
Made an account to inform you that I'm still experiencing freezing/crashing on the Series X. The game just freezes but I can still hear sound from the game. So much progress is lost every time I play that I think I'll wait until it's actually fixed.

Jay Wilton

Community Manager
Made an account to inform you that I'm still experiencing freezing/crashing on the Series X. The game just freezes but I can still hear sound from the game. So much progress is lost every time I play that I think I'll wait until it's actually fixed.

Hey, thanks for letting us know. Our team is currently looking into it! We'll be sure to update everyone with any updates on this matter via our official social channels and forums.

Is the controller supposed to stop vibrating when using a mouse on the XBOX One? In settings, it's on, but not functioning.

Same for me still freezes on Xbox Series X, happens a lot when either going from a park back to main menu and a lot when trying to save, lost lot of progress because of it

Any news on the next patch and what they are working on? Loving the game, but I have also had some freezes and crashes on PS5 and Series X.

Hey devs,
Love the game. Hate the Oswald meter. It really sucks to spend $60.00 on a game I own, But IT tells ME how much I can place, and limits me on my gameplay and "days" of fun and excitement and building "the park of my dreams" because the meter lowers, gameplay and limits the time a person spends before going to play something else .... But luckily I'm not one to nag without a possible idea or solution...
1. Build or obtain a mod that removes the building limit.
2. Create a mod section in the main menu of gameplay.
This gives everyone to the Option to remove the meter or not. That way it's to the gamers discretion of weather they want to jeopardize their gameplay or not.. and maybe you'll find a fix to where later, you may be able to remove it from gameplay later in the future. A "beta mod" if you will..
This also leave the initial game untouched, but building a mod, and a mod menu.. at least gives the option. Thank you

I get the limit, especially on base PS4/Xbox One or even the Xbox One X or PS4 Pro. But I think giving Next Gen consoles only 30% more build limit is kind of limited still being the performance gap between the past and next gen consoles. I hope Frontier can come to a compromise is some form. The whole reason for it is due to performance. Base Xbox One and PS4 run this at 1080p/30fps....you really don't want to go below that or the "average" consumer is going to think something is wrong with the game on their console. Can they push another 10% or so. I am sure they can. Many games drop below 1080p to 900p and many games drops frames to as low as 25 or lower at times. Giving base consoles another 10% in build imho would not break the game...yes some slowdown, but 10% is not that much.

When you move to Next gen, I don't see how they cannot give those users another 20-30%. As it stands, you get a 30% more build on Next gen over current gen. Surely they could find a way to bump that up another 20% or bit more. Next gen runs this at 4k/60fps and it runs fantastic even with a full park at 100%. I am sure there is some wiggle room with these next gen systems to bump it up a bit.

Any word on the next patch? This game is unplayable on series X. It crashes doing almost everything. I think my longest play session over the past week without it crashing has been about 10 minutes. Bringing up the radial menu crashes it, placing paths, objective and research rewards, deleting items, there seems to be no rhyme or reason. Very disappointed it was released in this state. Should have been delayed if it doesn't work...

Any word on the next patch? This game is unplayable on series X. It crashes doing almost everything. I think my longest play session over the past week without it crashing has been about 10 minutes. Bringing up the radial menu crashes it, placing paths, objective and research rewards, deleting items, there seems to be no rhyme or reason. Very disappointed it was released in this state. Should have been delayed if it doesn't work...
Ah remember the old days where games weren't allowed to crash on console because there was no way of patching them...

Top Bottom