Planet Coaster: Console Edition, coming Summer 2020!

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
I love PlanetCoaster, JurassicWorldEvolution and of course PlanetZoo.
But what about M&K support on the PS4/Xbox? It is now officially possible if the dev want it.
Other PC Games like Ark or DayZ support it now. I hope u guys make an update with m&k support for Jurassic on the PS4.
BTW Great Work

Planet Coaster: Console Edition will support keyboard and mouse ;)

And it will lag, and suck just like pc version. How do they expect a freaking console to handle the graphics when a large gaming rig can't handle it. Just wait for PC2

And it will lag, and suck just like pc version. How do they expect a freaking console to handle the graphics when a large gaming rig can't handle it. Just wait for PC2
Yeah good job judging it before it is out. For the PC Version, it depends on how powerful your Computer is. If you try to play it with a Potato you will have a low framerate. The last performance update did wonders for me, and i am curious on how the Console version will perform. But yeah, wait until it is out, before you start slacking it off.

Last edited:
Looking forward to this game played close to 100 hours on pc unfortunately my pc died now I'm mostly playing on ps4 so looking forward to the summer this game might even save me from craving to get back on the pc version as we have no real solid pc and I would rather play it on my ps4 so thank you very much frontier your are the best if I could donate how much I love and support this I'd be broke so definitely looking forward to it and also a release date as summer here is late june-september so hopefully we get to try it in 3-6 months from now in the comfort of our own home thanks for taking the console players into the planco family

But it won’t be the same as the PC version without access to the same content in steam workshop. It will be like starting from scratch. I’m going to stick with the version I’m playing now. I’m still bummed that we will probably never get working waterslides and pools unless they make a Planet Coaster 2 with a better engine and water physics. A computer good enough to run Planet Coaster decently costs at least a grand or more, so that can be a big hardship for those with limited budgets and their computer fails.

Last edited:
Well I'm new to the forums and I joined because of this news. I've been waiting for the day they'd release this on console. I have a copy for PC, have had it for years, but I've not been able to justify spending a lot on a computer just to play this game.
I actually cannot wait for this and I just hope it's worth that wait.
Also, hi.

Going through this thread was absolutely enraging. You guys think you have it hard because you aren’t getting planet coaster 2 yet? Try being a lifelong coaster fan/RCT player who could never afford a computer good enough for Planet Coaster (I’m a broke college student).

I’m so thrilled for this console addition to finally be out soon because I’ve been watching videos of this game since even before it was officially out. A few questions I can help but ask myself:
How will the COVID situation affect this? Will it still release on time?
Can we have any clue from the managers on here about how the performance is looking as you’re developing the game? (As I know many fear it won’t work well on console)

Have never been as excited for a game as I am this one!

Going through this thread was absolutely enraging. You guys think you have it hard because you aren’t getting planet coaster 2 yet? Try being a lifelong coaster fan/RCT player who could never afford a computer good enough for Planet Coaster (I’m a broke college student).

I’m so thrilled for this console addition to finally be out soon because I’ve been watching videos of this game since even before it was officially out. A few questions I can help but ask myself:
Can we have any clue from the managers on here about how the performance is looking as you’re developing the game? (As I know many fear it won’t work well on console)

I'm completely with you. I've been watching videos for years and always hoped there'd be a console release so this is very welcome news for those of us who aren't fortunate enough to own top spec computers.
I did wonder whether progress on the game would have been stalled due to everything that's going on right now, but there's hope!

I think it will be fair to say, the game will be optimized for console use, meaning it will be less demanding as the PC version, might even mean some functions won't copy over.
I don't think they would do it, if the console wasn't up to the task.

And I agree with your first part of the post!

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
I think it will be fair to say, the game will be optimized for console use, meaning it will be less demanding as the PC version, might even mean some functions won't copy over.
I don't think they would do it, if the console wasn't up to the task.
Given the next generation console releases this year, I would expect the XBox Series X and PS5 will have no issues at all running a full implementation of the game.

Preach it brosef...

There's much enthusiasm around here.

I just can't imagine how PC will work on a console.
PC still is more a creation-based software instead of a "game". It takes much time to place single items to the right position. How should this work with a gamepad?
There might be mid or higher limitations of how much is possible to realize after converting it to console hardware.
I can't imagine that there will be as many sales on console to make profit.

Frontier should use their resources for developing PC2, in which all the major problems/wishlists should be worked on.

But that's all my personal opinion.
Good luck with this one...
How dare you speak such vulgar language ( ribbing ). Even if it was just me picking this up on ps4, it would not be a waste. Rct3 was a lifetime ago for me as computers fast enough to handle such games are well out of reach for me and I'm sure many peeps. It has been a hot minute since I've been so excited for a video game. I can guarantee many hours will be spent lost into park building.

Top Bottom