Planet Coaster Steam Subscription Pass Now Available

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Hayo Coaster Friends!

Today we're introducing a new way to experience all the paid content Planet Coaster has to offer - the Planet Coaster: Subscription Pass. This will introduce an additional path to play and enjoy the content available for Planet Coaster, by providing every amazing paid DLC in one subscription.

The Planet Coaster: Subscription Pass is available on Steam for PC players who own the Planet Coaster base game, and is a monthly subscription from £3.99/$4.99/€4.99. The full list of the content included is as follows:
  • Classic Rides Collection
  • Magnificent Rides Collection
  • World's Fair Pack
  • Vintage Pack
  • Studios Pack
  • Adventure Pack
  • Spooky Pack
  • Ghostbusters™
  • Knight Rider™ K.I.T.T. Construction Kit
  • Back to the Future™ Time Machine Construction Kit
  • The Munsters® Munster Koach Construction Kit
For those who may be wondering how this works, we've got you! Below we've put together an FAQ.

Do I need base game for this?Yes, the Planet Coaster: Subscription Pass requires you to own the Planet Coaster base game to access.
How does the subscription work?When you subscribe you will gain access to all the paid DLC available for Planet Coaster! This will continue for as long as you would like to remain subscribed. If you decide you'd like to end your subscription, you can do so by accessing the Account Details section within Steam.
What does the subscription include?The subscription includes access to the following packs:
  • Classic Rides Collection
  • Magnificent Rides Collection
  • World's Fair Pack
  • Vintage Pack
  • Studios Pack
  • Adventure Pack
  • Spooky Pack
  • Ghostbusters™
  • Knight Rider™ K.I.T.T. Construction Kit
  • Back to the Future™ Time Machine Construction Kit
  • The Munsters® Munster Koach Construction Kit
What if I cancel my subscription?If you cancel your subscription you will no longer have access to content that you have not purchased separately when the payment plan expires.
How do I cancel?You can cancel via the Steam storefront. Open up and log into Steam, then visit Account Details where you can edit your payment method on record or cancel a subscription at any time. Your cancelled subscription will remain active until the paid plan expires.
Can I still buy DLC?You will still be able to buy any packs you like. The subscription is an addition not a replacement to the usual method of purchasing and experiencing content for Planet Coaster.
How much is it?The Planet coaster: Subscription Pass can be purchased for £3.99/$4.99/€4.99 for 1 month, £11.19/$13.99/€13.99 for 3 months or £19.98/$24.99/€24.99 for 6 months.
Is this available on console?No, this service is only available on Steam.

Last edited:
Not posted on the forums in over a year but felt this needed commenting on. From someone who has generally defended/understood any decision the PC team has taken over the years this one has baffled me! A subscription service for content? For a service you can understand but for DLC? If sales aren't great then surely you would just gradually reduce the cost of the DLCs (perhaps to what it is during sale time)? Seen a bit of a backlash on Twitter and I can imagine this is just the start. Who exactly thought this was a good idea?

Last edited:
Huh...This is new. I could never have seen this coming.
What is happening if you are subscribed for 2 years? Do you own the DLC?

As soon as you cancel your sub you lose access it seems (even if you've paid more than it would have cost in the first place), surely the focus should be on giving players access to certain content on a permanent basis? 🤔

Last edited:
I also don't usually speak up about topics like this, but here I go.
Subscriptions are a great idea.....if
1. the software is in a 'newer' stage
2. there are regular (monthly or more frequent new material provided)
3. the software has no intention of ending or being supported soon.
4. you actively play/use the software to gain benefit from the subscription.

I do this for video and photo editing, but there is new content monthly, new features monthly and the software is live/active and being grown/supported.

In PC case.
1. seeing as the new DLC adds have stopped, subscribing is only good up to the purchase value of the packs. if you don't own any, I guess you would have a couple years of playtime before you ended up paying more for the DLC content instead of buying them outright.
2. if you already have purchased any, then that timeframe of value gets decreased to whatever the value of the remaining DLC packs would be.

So my conclusion:
1. I would assume they are offering this to entice new players as that is who will get the best value from a program like this...and IMO that's a great business model.
2. We all assume that a new version of this game is in the works and may be released in the near coming years. A program like this would get as much revenue as possible from new players until the new game is released.
3. if you are a player that doesn't play that often, or already has purchased many/all of the DLC packs, then this may not be for you.
4. This could be a 'quiet' test to see how it goes and may be the model for the new game (or other games they release) when released...meaning no DLC purchases, but a subscription based game for new content for everyone....which I don't think is that bad of an idea. As long as the new content pushed out is as good as a value annually than if you were to say purchase on average 4 DLC updates annually that would equal the cost of the subscription. I would hope the sub costs would be a better deal that buying them individually.

Last edited:
Yeah, this does seem quite odd. I play on Xbox Series S anyways and OWN all the DLC, so this really doesn't pertain to me, but it would seem cheaper to just buy the DLC instead. They are usually on sale anyways.

Can't help but feel a bit suspicious and pessimistic about this for once.

I've played this game since day 1, have been a featured creator, I'm even on the game front-page as one - and have been very supportive pretty much the whole way through.

My first eye-test on this is that it feels, cynically, a bit like you guys trying to squeeze water out of a stone in the remaining parts of the community, which is very out of character for you guys. There is a community that still exists for this game, it's small but it's dedicated, these people have been playing for years - so what demographic is this move trying to appeal to? These dedicated players who are still here after so long probably have all of the DLC they were ever going to buy anyway.

I would of minded this a little less if the game was still in active development, but it's not, so it's not exactly like we are helping to source or fund continual development of planco anymore - unless this is going towards Planco 2 which is likely. It does stink a bit non-the-less.

Would of been a great initiative for people to "try-before-they-buy" on the specific DLC's as well, but this already exists in the game, you guys already thought about that by still allowing people to view parks with DLC items in, so this isn't really a good-faith reason for it either.

I love you guys, I really do, but I gotta ask... why?

I dont really get the backlash. You can still buy the DLC or you can rent them, try them, then move on.
The full DLC content is over €100 on Steam so you can either pay that amount and get all of them or pay €25 for a 6 months subscription.

Since i dont play PlanCo i have no idea about replayability and retain rates, but the subs seems a really nice way for people to experiment and try all the DLC for a short(er) period then move on if they're not getting into it.

Sure, for PlanCo diehards it probably makes more sense to buy all of them, even if that means to wait for the time limited discounts that may reach, i guess, up to 45%
But all in all, the subs does not take away the ability to buy the DLC. They are adding options, not removing options

I love the game and all the DLC, but this is a terrible idea. The game was released 6 years ago, so you should be able to get the base game + All DLC for a reasonable price. We don't need subscription passes for every single thing.

Corporate greed at its worst.

What are you guys at Frontier thinking about the Planet Coaster fanbase?

Hopefully nobody will spend a single cent for that stupid idea! Why should an owner of any dlc(s) pay again to get limited access to just a bit more of content?
And of course, after years of silence you don't even deserve to make money that way.

It's time to release a well working PC2. Then we will think about spending money again...

The only problem I have is for people who have the subscription long term, and end up paying more than if they bought the DLCs outright and then cancel. They've paid all that money and lose the use of all that lovely content and with that, the ability to even change and save their own creations containing it.
Fair enough if they cancel and lose it all if they haven't paid the value of all the DLCs. But if they've paid the price, or more, it only seems right that they should get to keep it all. If that was the case, then happy days.

The only problem I have is for people who have the subscription long term, and end up paying more than if they bought the DLCs outright and then cancel.

Why would be that a problem?
I could pay €5 and try all of them for a month.
If i like the DLC i may consider shelling out the cash required to buy the whole package. Or only the stuff that may interest me
If not, i can move on, saving a lot of cash.

I simply cannot see the problem here and the source of the hate...
They didn't removed the possibility to buy the DLC
They added a mean to try them at a lower price.
They added a second option

oh well... 🤷‍♂️

Why would be that a problem?
I could pay €5 and try all of them for a month.
If i like the DLC i may consider shelling out the cash required to buy the whole package. Or only the stuff that may interest me
If not, i can move on, saving a lot of cash.

I simply cannot see the problem here and the source of the hate...
They didn't removed the possibility to buy the DLC
They added a mean to try them at a lower price.
They added a second option

oh well... 🤷‍♂️
maybe you should visit the steam news about the subscription and read hundreds of negative comments about this cash crap and btw. why do you support this kind of tencent politics?

Top Bottom