🐧 Planet Zoo: Aquatic Pack arriving 8 December! 🐧

They look great and the Position of the one in the Front doesn't look like they will just be in one Place. At least I can't imagine that they will float like that all the Time. Maybe they included some looped Swimming Animations (I think if it is like that they will become the favorite Exhibit Animal of many Players)

I think size probably was a factor for the otter, but not because PZ is adverse to small species. I think because the aquatic pack is effectively introducing a new game mechanic (diving), they probably wanted larger specimens of iconic aquatic species to better show it off. So we got a large penguin (king) and a large otter (giant), but we already had large crocodilians so they switched it up with caiman for the small species of the pack. This is also probably why the salty alone got the diving treatment (for now). But as others have mentioned, the aquatic pack opens up the features for future packs, so the smaller species will probably get their day in the sun down the line.

Also, this pack looks amazing. Thanks Frontier!

If they picked the Asian Small-clawed otter - people would've "complained" about not including the Giant otter and forgetting about South America.

People wanted more South American animals, well we got one more.
My preference is the small-clawed otter, mainly for having more variation in habitat sizes. But happy with an otter :D

But as others have mentioned, the aquatic pack opens up the features for future packs, so the smaller species will probably get their day in the sun down the line.
Exactly just because it's not in this pack - doesn't mean we'll never get them. There are other future options to include them. You're right the pack look amazing and diving realy brings something new to the table.

I have a feeling that this little guy is going to be my new favourite exhibit animal and I'm going to use it in every zoo. I have already emptied one exhibit in my current zoo for this cute turtle in the main entrance square 🐢

Me too, will add them to my zoo for sure. Since their are turtles, I assume they will have relativly long lifespan so they will not need to be replaced that often. :) I also like they got this blueish aquarium water.

I agree the Arctic and South America pack animal clips were amazing. Loved the Australian pack and I know I’ll love the aquatic pack as well but I do miss those clips. Please bring back the animal clips frontier I can remember playing those back till the pack came out. I even watch the trailers and clips now for motivation sometimes.

They look great and the Position of the one in the Front doesn't look like they will just be in one Place. At least I can't imagine that they will float like that all the Time. Maybe they included some looped Swimming Animations (I think if it is like that they will become the favorite Exhibit Animal of many Players)
Looped swimming animations might mean that they'll do fish aquariums one day, which I'd personally love. They'd be such a pretty addition to the zoo decor.
🐟 🐠🐟🐠

The Terrapin looks super great! But... pleeeeeease show us the seals :D
Yes please :love: I'm so curious about their fur coloration!

Looped swimming animations might mean that they'll do fish aquariums one day, which I'd personally love. They'd be such a pretty addition to the zoo decor.
🐟 🐠🐟🐠
Oh! I'm with you, that would mean ... perhabs it worked for birds too? (well tiny birds like lorikeets or budgies) i really hope so.

I’m really interested in seeing the turtle exhibit. I’d like PZ to showcase it. While we got a brief look at it in the trailer, it didn’t give us a clear look or any ideas. Considering this is the first new exhibit type to be released and what can be added inside. It’s also a reason to suspect they will have more amphibious or near water like exhibit animals in the future.
but also I’d like PZ to talk about the animals a bit more in their showcase. Example let us know how many can be in a habitat. Male and female ratio. How much space they need. For my South American zoo I have 2 areas I left empty and accessible so I can add future SA animals, therefore I’d like to start planing for the caimans and otters. Feel free to call me impatient but

I think size probably was a factor for the otter, but not because PZ is adverse to small species. I think because the aquatic pack is effectively introducing a new game mechanic (diving), they probably wanted larger specimens of iconic aquatic species to better show it off. So we got a large penguin (king) and a large otter (giant), but we already had large crocodilians so they switched it up with caiman for the small species of the pack. This is also probably why the salty alone got the diving treatment (for now). But as others have mentioned, the aquatic pack opens up the features for future packs, so the smaller species will probably get their day in the sun down the line.

Also, this pack looks amazing. Thanks Frontier!

I thought it was that the Salty was the only one to interact with the underwater feeder rather than diving.

The look of the asian small clawed or the european fishotter (I prefer the small clawed for zoos) is also what most people outside of the US seem to accociate when they hear "otter". In the US they seem to more talk about the sea otter (which would be unusual for us in germany again).

In short: One otter isn't enough ;) We need two more, I guess.
In the US, it depends upon where you are. the Sea Otter tends to be more coastal and the River Otter a lot of other places...and probably the east coast as well. Sea Otters also tend to be more common in aquariums than zoos...though places like the Shedd have (or at least had) both (I think, not sure if it's North American River Otters they have/had in the main galleries while the Sea Otter was in the Oceanarium).

A good chunk of Asia also seems to default to the sea otter.

Sea Otters also tend to not get along well with other animals and are notorious, destructive escape artists...other otters are escape artists, but tend to escape to go play rather than intentionally trashing things.

Oddly enough the small clawed is known for learning how to escape and then lock itself back up afterwards, something reported by several private owners...

Top Bottom