Planet Zoo: Barnyard Animal Pack and Free Update 1.17 Out Now

So on the pack and update announcement there was written that there is going to be some kind of Education Board, was that added? I did not find anything like that so far.

"Alongside this we will also be adding a number of free scenery pieces including the all-important hand washing station, an education board, a small guest gate and the Buddleia Bush."

So on the pack and update announcement there was written that there is going to be some kind of Education Board, was that added? I did not find anything like that so far.

"Alongside this we will also be adding a number of free scenery pieces including the all-important hand washing station, an education board, a small guest gate and the Buddleia Bush."
Looks like it is just a new screen for the default education board. I was really hoping for an actual new education board.

20240430162155_1.jpg

Is it true that the Japanese macaques are interactive? I haven’t been home to play. Does this seem wild to anyone else?
Yeah. Especially when Emu is still not a walkable animal.

Please Frontier, check this thread:

M

Make It make sense!

Sooo.... it seems like the guests only interact with the animal / leave the path when it is at least 6m wide? Is this a (known) bug or a requirement that won't be changed?

Hey, at least anteaters don't have interactions....
Yikes

Although I have never come into contact with Japanese macaques in real life, their Chinese cousins are notorious in some scenic spots. They will snatch tourists' bags, mobile phones and other things they can.

Oh man, not to burst anyone's bubble, but this was totally the perfect opportunity for more peafowl colormorphs😕
We could've gotten a piebald peacock. Imagine how stunning that'd be
😍 I would've absolutely loved it. There are so many absolutely awesome Peafowl Color Morphs and the only Colors that are more common in Nature Rule is out of the Window anyways cough cough Red Fox

Hey, at least anteaters don't have interactions....
Yikes
Interaction: beating the **** out of the Guests with the Claws

The mud bath enrichment seems to be missing the tag for the Tamworth pig. Thankfully they can still use it, but hopefully that'll get fixed.
Would also be nice if Equines could use it. They Love that. At least the domesticated ones

Re the donkeys. The cross is not found in every American standard donkey (which in reality isn’t particularly a breed and just a name for a variety of donkeys of a certain size in the Americas - so I guess it is personal choice not to include it. Odd choice though as it would make it more unique to the ass. I guess maybe because it’s usually not found in the piebalds etc and they can’t differentiate in game?

Re the gate not having a matching fence - this really looks like the sort of gate that would be found in the country side between stone walls or barbed wire. So that’s probably why there is no matching fence. That stone wall blueprint would be the corresponding one in this pack. A matching fence would be nice though.

Does the chicken have its third colour morph now?
IMG_1302.jpeg
IMG_1303.jpeg

I do like he new pack. I'm very much relieved this isn't the final farewell yet, and petting zoo was rather a nice to have than a priority for me - but it is appropiate for all the zoos that I know. Most unnecessary for me is the alpaca, I could have done with the llama easily. The others are fine for me, although I understand peoples' feelings about the choice of breeds. But I do LOVE the chickens. I would have bought this for the chickens alone.

My first thing to do was of course an animal encounter with the lemurs. The feeding animation is super cute! It seems that petting doesn't happen for them, howerever. But in general, the feature makes the zoo more vivid and interesting, so although I find it a strange choice at this point of the game's life, I'm happy with the pack.

Top Bottom